S2/W11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, May 18, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. fuzzyl0gic

Philstyle3005 Can you possibly play around 11 pm est tonight?

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

BPHusker text me let me know when a good time for you is. I could play late tonight or early tomorrow....before 2 eastern maybe

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

It's a toss up man. My best friend lost his brother this past week and he's been taking it pretty hard so I'll be with him for most of the night. Not sure what we're gonna do yet, or what he's gonna feel up to doing, so I'm honestly not sure what time I'll be back. Just shoot me a text whenever you're available to play and I can give you a better estimate on my availability .

5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Redhawks Breeze Past Akron
    On a very cold Saturday Miami(OH) traveled to Akron in hopes of winning their 9th game in a row. Even though it was not snowing the players felt every hit and sting in this game. Both teams were lighting each other up but Miami(OH) outlasted the haymakers and took it to the Zips. On the 1st drives of the game both teams were forced to punt after 3 and outs. After a defensive stand, Miami(OH) had the ball and Finklea took control. Finklea put up some huge numbers in the first half before leaving the game with some bruised ribs. His first TD of the game would come off a 16 yard scamper. The very next play on the drive backup CB Trey Payne came off the edge lighting up Akron QB Patrick Nicely. He forced the fumble and then recovered it when no one decided to jump on it.​
    Nothing would come from it though. Finklea would be stopped and Dysert would get sacked twice to end the drive with a 46 yard FG. The Miami(OH) defense played the Georgia Tech style offense to perfection limiting to negative yards on the day. After another stop, Finklea did the rest with a big 58 yard rushing TD. This was a run he didn't even have to work for.​
    This would be the only scoring in the first half but their was a highlight to be shown that happened in the 2nd Quarter. CB Demetrius Quarles would undercut the intended WR and pick the ball with one hand!.​
    The half would be in Miami(OH)'s favor, 17-0. After the onslaught in the first half Miami(OH) would put in their backups, and to everyone's surprise kept the shutout intact. The Redhawks just pounded the rock time and time again. RB Chrishawn Dupuy would score twice in the half, one from 41 yards out and the other from 9 yards.​
    The game would turn out to be a game "of motions" on the Miami(OH) side and with their starters well rested look forward to hosting a 1-6 Kent State,​
    FINAL SCORE: 31-0
    PLAYER OF THE WEEK: RB Erik Finklea- 18 Attempts, 141 yards, 2 TDs

6. fuzzyl0gic

That is rough, sorry for his loss. I'm actually free now if you can squeeze is it in.

7. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Tomorrow would work. We could play at like 11AM-noon central. Let me know.

8. fuzzyl0gic

9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

It'll be later than 10 est most likely. I have a wedding I'm going to that starts at 730 est. and I'm not sure how long it'll last. If you can play before then, just shoot me a text. If not, just let me know how long you'll be up tonight. I'm guessing it wouldn't be past 10 central for me to get home.

10. fuzzyl0gic

10 central will work perfectly. See you then.

11. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Good game Kapono. If my damn secondary would have made at least half of the picks that they dropped I think I would have been able to pull the upset. That QB is a slippery SOB. On both the 15+ yard runs by him, I had a guy ready to make the play, but he would slip the tackle. :\

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

NIU Ousts Conference Foe Kent State 48-28

In all honesty, I didn't feel like we played all that well; we gave up a long run to start the game for a touchdown, and made a few mistakes on offense. We will definitely need to sharpen up to finish strong like I want to. Jordan Lynch looked damn good at times, and then other times I would make silly mistakes with him (he did have a beautiful QB keeper read option for about a 70 yard TD run though)!

13. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Is -Cougars- around to play? Thought I had a cpu game this week for some reason.

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Can you go at all today?

15. fuzzyl0gic

I'll advance when I get home this evening, around 7 pm est. Hopefully you guys can play by then.

16. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Toledo 35
    Ball St. 31

Ball State's offense couldn't get much offense going in the 1st half, but still they found themselves right in the game. Toledo took a 7-0 lead late in the 1st on a 57-yard run by HB Josh Haden and looked to open up the lead in Ball St. territory starting the 2nd. But Owens committed 2 huge turnovers which allowed Ball St. to take a 14-7 lead, putting a scare into the Rockets. Owens scored on a 39-yard run to tie it with 0:42 and a nice punt return after a 3 and out allowed Toledo to take a 17-14 lead on a long FG. Toledo led 28-21 after the 3rd with the ball but they couldn't do much and allowed Ball St. to bring it within 4 with a FG. Ball St. got a TD on a 3-yard run with 1:34 and 2 Toledo timeouts left in a 3 point game. Toledo needed a FG to tie and got into FG range pretty easily. Owens, who had a great day running the ball, powered in from 9 yards out to take the lead with 0:21 remaining to give Toledo a win.

Toledo
    Terrance Owens (QB)- 14-26 for 164 yards, TD, INT, 22 carries for 173 yards, 2 TD
    Josh Haden (HB)- 10 carries for 101 yards, TD, 2 receptions for 12 yards
    Cordale Scott (WR)- 4 carries for 71 yards, TD

Ball St.
    K. Wenning (QB)- 11-22 for 244 yards
    B. Scott (HB)- 14 carries for 135 yards, 2 TD
    D. Lewis (WR)- 5 carries for 148 yards

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

18. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Yep.. Owens completely schooled my defense. :( I think my secondary dropped 3-4 INTs total, 2 on what would become scoring drives. I think they make those picks and I had a really good chance to win.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Owens is really tough because Kapono isn't scared to scramble with him-- which i need to start loosening up on myself (as in taking off if its there and i've waited)

20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Most of my yards this game came off the QB blast play. It was effective early so I just kept trying it and it worked pretty well.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

out of 5 WR? that stuff is hard to stop too because if you forget about it and come out in quaters with 3 DL and one LB you are good at finding the hole.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Let's go fellas, two user games yet...

23. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Are you available anytime soon?

24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I am busy now. I will be available at 9 est.

25. fuzzyl0gic

Kapono I'm going to play my CPU game (Phil has been busy all weekend) and then advance. Can you play around 11 pm est tonight?