S2/W12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, May 20, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm going To bed now but Toledo beats Temple 52-50 on a last second Hail Mary that was tipped and caught.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Must.. see... picture of Fuzzy after game..

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Yeah I viewed the replay like 6 times. He chucked it up in the endzone..there were about 5-6 defenders huddled around, and around 3 WRs for Kapono. My defender swatted the ball, then a CPU WR made the catch on the ball as it was falling to the ground. I hate losing like that, but what can ya do. It was a fun game.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

NIU Tops Eastern Michigan 28-14

Jordan Lynch struggled early, tossing 4 picks in the first half but he really came through on the ground. I was about to take him out but decided to give him one more drive to prove himself-- he proceeded to take the first play 80 yards for a score off a triple option out of split backs SG. He played fabulously after that, so it was nice to see him turn it around. Goddam, I just need to stick to my ground game and I do fine lol..

Can't get all pass happy like some of you hooligans, I don't know how yall do it when you gotta score 50 some points and throw for 300+ yards; I bet I haven't thrown for 300 yards more then 2 or 3 times in NCAA 12

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

He had said something about after 9 central in our PM last night, I got on around 9:30 and never saw him so I got off around 10 I guess it was. It's his bday today is what I believe he said so I doubt he's going to be around to play and I don't want to play the CPU, so you can sim it if necessary.

8. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Oh, I meant 9PM tonight. Sorry for the confusion. I can play now if you want.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

did we advance?

10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Western Michigan 21
    Ball St. 10

Western Michigan had to overcome one of the worst 1st half offensive performances they've played all year to pull out a victory but they did it on the road. 3 interceptions, 2 of which were inside the 30 where Western Michigan could have at least kicked a field goal, and a fumble after about a 25 yard gain to midfield, led to Western Michigan being down 10-0 until their last possession of the 1st half. Western Michigan got a 3 yard run from Alex Carder on an option play with just over a minute left to go into the half down 10-7. As bad as the Broncos had played, they were very happy to go into the half down only 3. In the 2nd half, Teven Drake took the first play from scrimmage 73 yards on a touchdown run to erase the lead, and put the Broncos up 14-10. Ball St. looked a little shell shocked seeing their lead erased in just two possessions for the Broncos, and it looked like Western Michigan had finally decided to show up on offense. After forcing a punt, Western Michigan would take the ball down to the 25 yard line, where they would be sacked back to back possessions and faced with a 4th and 18. Instead of attempting the 52 yard field goal, the Broncos decided to punt it, which ended up in the end zone, so it would have been more beneficial to just try for the 1st down. The Broncos would force another punt, and this time, they would take the ball all the way down to the 1 yard line on a pass, then would run a triple option from the 1 to get into the end zone and put the Broncos up 21-10. With just over 5 minutes to go, Ball St. couldn't get a 1st down and would punt with just over 4 minutes to go. Western Michigan would just run the ball to keep the clock going and would punt. Ball St. would have one last opportunity but after a failed 4th down conversion, Western Michigan took back over and ran the clock out. Tevin Drake had a breakout performance rushing for 136 yards and a touchdown. The Difference in this game was easily the ground game. Western Michigan averaged 6.4 yards per carry while Ball St. averaged 2.1 yards on the ground, and most of their successful runs came off QB rushes when no receivers could get open.