S2/W13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kapono, May 23, 2012.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Philstyle3005 when is good for you? Kasper and sawemoff is the other user game.

2. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I really doubt I'd be available today until late. Tomorrow I should be good to play anytime after work, so after 6 central time.

3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Kasper when can you play? I work from 3-11pm cst today and tomorrow so I can play after I get off work

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Text me when you get off work tonight and we'll see where I'm at.. if not tomorrow for sure.

5. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

With Late Score and Defensive Stop BSU Downs Ohio

Ball State 35
    Ohio 28

Ball State had to dig deep to beat the pesky Ohio Bobcats. Ball State was behind the whole day - which started with a Wenning interception on the first play. BSU Mershman was streaking down the middle of the field and Wenning tried hitting him in stride, but the OU corner, with superior speed, was able to jump in front and get the pick. Ohio scored 5 plays later for a 7-0 lead. Ball State's next two drives were stopped short of the redzone, but they were able to take on 2 FGs to pull within 1 at 7-6. The second quarter was a back and forth scoring fest. Ohio scored a TD, then BSU answered with one of their own. Late in the 2nd quarter Ohio RB Boykin was able to extend their lead again with a 4 yard TD run. Ball State was able to get down to the 30 yard line and kick a FG as the half expired to make it closer: 21-16.

The 2nd half was much quieter than the 1st, with Ball State and Ohio matching each other on defense punch for punch. Only Ball State was able to make any dent in the scoreboard in the 3rd, with a 22 yard FG to pull within 2 at 21-19. BSU finally took the lead with a 31 yard TD from Wenning to Lewis. BSU went for 2 and got it: 27-21 BSU. Ohio answered back with a bomb of their own because of a busted coverage for a 56 yard TD pass from their backup QB. Up by 1 with 28-27, Ball State was able to move down the field and score (and get the 2pt conversion with 1 minute left) to go up 35-28. Ohio didn't go down without a fight, getting deep into Ball State territory. On 4th and 3 from the 10 yard line, Ohio QB Tettleton tried scrambling for the first down, but was stopped INCHES short for the turnover and the win for Ball State.

With the win Ball State has the opportunity to finish the season with a winning record if they can get past #8 Temple. If not, they will still improve over their 5-7 record from last season.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I have a test tomorrow so I should be home sometime around then. Can you plan on playing at 6 central? Probably the earlier the better.

7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

No I can't. The time I get home from work is always a minimum of after 6 central because my work is over an hour from where I live.

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

OK I'll let you know when is good. The Heat-Pacers game's at 7 central and I'd like to watch most of that. Not exactly sure what my plans are yet, but could you possibly play at about 11-12 central?

9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Kasper we good to play after I get off work tonight?

10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

If I'm not asleep by the then, yeah we can play at that time.

11. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Sorry man, I can't play tonight something came up. When is the advance fuzzyl0gic? Friday I work from 11am-8pm but I have to play my TMFL game after I get off so we could play after that

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

If you guys could play Friday night, after that. Kasper is addicted to going out every weekend tho so good luck. ;)

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Right seeins how I haven't had a day off in two weeks :rolleyes:

sawemoff I'd rather keep this thing rolling

14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Aight then would you agree to a sim?

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah thats fine.. fuzzyl0gic if we're last do it up

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Note to all however- when '13 comes out there won't be this many sims (I know I have had my fair share- work work work though right?).

Just wanted to give a heads up-- come '13 we may wait for some games more... by then though my schedule will certainly be far more free.

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah man I wasn't around till I texted you at 12 ET. It's the weekend so I don't think I'll be around too much. I think a sim is the best option but I'm putting myself on AP just in case.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

NIU Upsets Miami OH 31-7

The home crowd was shocked to see the final score, as Miami watched their perfect season drift away late in the fourth quarter. For the second consecutive season, the Huskies of Northern Illinois have beaten a #2 ranked team on the road (last year Toledo fell to the scrappy pups from Dekalb).

Zac Dysert got the home crowd into the game early with a 56 yard touchdown to receiver Frazier, but he would get knocked out of the game on the next drive and in stepped his backup Boucher; safe to say he struggled, going a civilian 3-13 for 28 yards and 3 interceptions for a 0 QB rating. Miami standout tailback Erik Finklea was contained as NIU was able to focus on the run, and he finished with 15 attempts for 44 yards.

Offensively, NIU was led by Jordan Lynch at QB who went a solid 16-18 for 227 yards and a TD with 0 INT's- the junior also ran for 35 yards and a score including a late 31 yard TD off a read option to seal the deal. Senior receiver Martel Moore contributed 5 catches for 89 yards, including a nice looking catch and run for a 56 yard TD. Freshman Kris Ford had a nice game from the slot as well catching 5 balls for 53 yards. The short speedster was constantly being covered by LB's- leading to miss matches.

A great win for NIU, as they show they are capable of playing with anybody anywhere anytime if they are on the ball.

Good game sawemoff

19. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Meh it was only really 24-7 but after Dysert went down the game was over

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

No it was 31-7, I just checked! 17 points was not a comfortable lead with how you can sling the rock so that last TD was insurance... I think there was over 5 minutes left.