S2 W17 Bengals vs Ravens

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Feb 1, 2013.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WEEK 17

The Bengals traveled to Baltimore to face their division foe this week. Cinci is preparing to enter the playoffs next week while Baltimore is already thinking about how they will spend their high draft pick in the offseason.

This game turned ugly quickly. The first half seen the Ravens turn the ball over 5-6 times. Fumbles on kickoff returns, fumbles by Rice, interceptions by Flacco, they just couldn't keep the ball no matter what they done. By games end the Ravens would turn the ball over 8 times, while the Bengals turned it over 0. Play of the game goes to Bengals CB Leon Hall on the Ravens first offensive possession, as he picked Flacco off and took it in for a pick 6 that set the tone for the remainder of the game. MJD did fumble once but it was recovered by the offense. The score at the half was Bengals 34 Ravens 0.

The Bengals didn't have a very explosive game on offense, but frankly, they didn't have to. With a short field on most drives the endzone seemed like it was only ever 3-4 first downs away. MJD did play well with 120 or so yards but was replaced for the majority of the 2nd half by speedster Bernard Scott so as to keep MJD healthy heading into the Wildcard Round. Just not much to say about the Bengals offense as they were overshadowed so vastly by the defense.

If the Bengals defense can play half this well in the playoffs then this team is gonna break some hearts...

[​IMG]37
    [​IMG]7

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

ENTIRE BENGALS DEFENSIVE SQUAD

207 YARDS OF OFFENSE ALLOWED, 7 TURNOVERS ON D, 1 TURNOVER SPECIAL TEAMS
    [​IMG]

GG CaddilacRockBox , I look forward to seeing you next year when you have a full season at the helm of the Ratbirds.

2. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Yep, it was a good game. My defense wasn't awful. I made a couple of 50/50 throws, had some bad fumbles, and way too many holding calls early on. The best way to describe this game is Murphy's Law.

• Like Like x 1