S2 W2 Bengals vs Ravens

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Dec 12, 2012.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

The Bengals pull out a win in a close one against the Ravens this week by the skin of their teeth. Andy Dalton was poised in the pocket and delivered the ball with authority throughout the course of the game and really bailed the Bengals out of some bad situations. The Bengals running game was atrocious again in this game. BJGE fumbled the ball twice and was promptly benched for oft unreliable Bernard Scott, who ran very little better but did not choke up the ball. The Bengals defense played mediocre as a whole, but contained Flacco and Rice to modest stats. The pass rush was quite good this game as the Bengals D line / linebackers sacked Flacco 4 times in the course of the game. Late in the game the Ravens were poised to tie / win when they found themselves only down 3 in the waning minutes of the 4th quarter. The Bengals defense held them to a field goal that tied the game and with a minute or so remaining in the game. The Bengals offense took the field and Dalton led the team down the field in 4 and 5 wide receiver sets to put the Bengals within range of the kicker who nailed the 40 something yard field goal to seal the deal as the clock expired. FINAL SCORE BENGALS 26 RAVENS 23

Player of the Game
    Andy Dalton
    23/32 for 302 yards 1 TD 1 INT
    [​IMG]

GG TheRealHalupka you fought the whole way through and played a great game. Looking forward to round 2 later in the season!

2. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

DU55 can't wait for the rematch in Baltimore. Dalton was near perfect throughout the game with only a few off target throws. I really couldn't get any pressure on him even in third and long. The Bengals played keep away from the Ravens, I think I only had about 30 plays the entire game. Next time I'll have to mix things up a bit to keep on the field.

2nd game in a row I lose by 3. Need to get back on the winning side of things as the Ravens have too much talent to not have a win yet.