S2/W2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

aarondramp fuzzyl0gic Philstyle3005 Kapono BPHusker Steamer43 sreese dj illmatic 23 hornfaninbama -Cougars-

Get after it fellas/

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Navy Midshipmen (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Navy lost 48-14 against Boston College (1-0).
    This week, the Midshipmen will host Indiana (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Tavares Brown has committed to SMU
    - (*****) WR Travis Owens has committed to Oregon
    - (***) C Gordon Parham has committed to Navy

=============== Air Force Falcons (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Air Force won 34-6 against UNLV (0-1).
    This week, the Falcons travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (1-0).

=============== Louisville Cardinals (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Louisville won 45-16 against Kentucky (0-1).
    This week, the Cardinals will host Ohio (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Louisville targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Marcus Vincent has committed to Rutgers

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Aztecs were idle.
    This week, the Aztecs travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following San Diego State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Matthew Washington has committed to San Diego State
    - (***) ROLB Mike Kelly has committed to San Diego State
    - (***) FS Ted Roth has committed to San Diego State

=============== #21 Houston Cougars (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Houston won 48-21 against Texas Tech (0-1).
    This week, the Cougars are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Houston targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Ted Rutledge has committed to Houston
    - (***) HB Gabriel Holmes has committed to Texas Tech
    - (***) SS Andy Simmons has committed to Baylor
    - (***) LOLB Tyler Brewster has committed to Houston
    - (****) CB Randy Clarke has committed to Houston

=============== Connecticut Huskies (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Connecticut lost 34-28 against Syracuse (1-0).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Blacksburg to face the Virginia Tech Hokies (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Connecticut targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Joe Roberts has committed to North Carolina

=============== USF Bulls (1-0) ===============
    Last week, USF won 43-23 against Mississippi State (0-1).
    This week, the Bulls are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Jorge Nichols has committed to USF

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Fresno State won 32-29 against Nevada (0-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Cincinnati (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Fresno State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Travis Owens has committed to Oregon
    - (***) SS Lamar Cunningham has committed to Fresno State
    - (****) HB Craig Haley has committed to Fresno State
    - (***) ROLB Cedric Hurst has committed to UCLA

=============== SMU Mustangs (0-1) ===============
    Last week, SMU lost 48-31 against Cal (1-0).
    This week, the Mustangs will host Texas Tech (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following SMU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Tavares Brown has committed to SMU
    - (****) LOLB Fred Perez has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== Temple Owls (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Temple lost 17-3 against Memphis (1-0).
    This week, the Owls travel to Amherst to face the UMass Minutemen (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Temple targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Mike Jones has committed to Maryland

=============== #15 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Rutgers won 27-20 against Clemson (0-1).
    This week, the Scarlet Knights are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Rutgers targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Marcus Vincent has committed to Rutgers

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Landed a :4stars: HB and a much needed :3stars:SS!

3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Kasper FYI, I have open house tonight, so I'll play my game Friday around 4:30pm cst. That's within the 48 hour window. I just wanted to give you a head's up in case everyone else finished early.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Ah good Ol Week 2- that special time when I find out all the recruits I'm not going to land.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Colorado Too Much For Falcons, Win 31-27

Air Force, plain and simply, didn't appear to have the horses to run with Colorado today. They looked outmatched in the secondary, and just couldn't get anything together up front to stop the run once the Buffalos decided they wanted to run the ball. Early on it looked like Air Force would be able to hang with the home team Buffs, after an interception by the defense set up nice field position and Anthony LaCoste cashed in a nice quick drive with a 2 yard run for the score. However, Colorado would get a pair of touchdowns the following drives from their RB Jones to regain control 14-7. AF frosh receiver Darren Sanders snagged a 79 yard play action pass (there wasn't a defender within 15 yards once he caught the ball) and the Falcons had it tied up again. CU answered with a field goal, and Air Force couldn't quite get a score before half- unable to get the two minute drill going.

AF came out in the third quarter and got a field goal on their first drive to make it 17 all, but Colorado again answered with a nice drive capped off by a Cant reception for an 11 yard TD. Another Air Force field goal on the next drive and the score was 20-24. Colorado came up with yet another great drive, with Canty catching a slant and taking it 47 yards to the house to bring Folsom Field to an explosion of noise. Air Force QB Jovan Alford came up big though, and found his 6'6 junior Marcus Hendricks for an 86 yard score to bring it to 27-31. However, as the final indicates, the Falcons couldn't get the ball back and come up just short.

Alford without a doubt looked better than he initially did against UNLV last week- appearing much more in control and confident. If the defense can figure things out Air Force should be fine; but after today, there is certainly reason to worry.

6. sreese

sreese Walk On

Temple Gets 1st Win at UMass

Not an easy win for the Owls on Saturday, as it took 18 4th qtr points to hold off UMass. The biggest improvement for Temple was they only had 1 turnover on offense. Newsome played his best game as an Owl going 16-27 for 210 yards and a TD. Newsome avoided throwing the other team the ball for the 1st time in his career. With the new found patience the Owls were able to gain 311 yards of total offense. The ground game was effective with 101 yards on 36 carries and 2 touchdowns. Freshman Jamie Gilmore emerged in the 2nd half taking over the starting duties at halfback. He was able to help the owls control there early lead with 12 carries for 74 yards and a late td.

Temple led 10-7 at the half. The 3 rd quarter started with Temple moving the ball down the field, only to take a sack instead of forcing the ball in to coverage. This caused the drive to stall and the Owls to punt. The UMass drive stalled inside the Temple 40. After the punt Temple drove down the field on a 13 play drive ending in a 27 yard field goal. UMass offense struggled and was forced to punt on the ensuing drive. Coach Reese decided he needed to use some clock and close this game out. Sadly Newsome dropped back to pass on the very next second down play and was sacked. Fumbling the ball on the Temple 10 yard line. It took only 3 plays for UMass to take advantage of the opportunity and take the lead 14-13. The next drive for the owls was a disaster and they were forced to punt. The Minutemen took little time driving down into the UMass redzone. On a huge 3rd down pass the UMass qb tried to force the ball into the back of the endzone. IT WAS PICKED BY SUTTON!!!
    Temple had new life!! On the 2nd down and 10 play Newsome hooked up with Sr Deon Miller for an 81 yard touchdown strike, that would put temple up for good.
    Coach Reese was trilled to win this game. Talks were that he would be fired soon if the team didnt show some improvement. Next week Temple has its 1st Conference game vs UCF.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

he was open

[​IMG]

8. sreese

sreese Walk On

not if you dont see him, lol.

9. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I just finished my recruiting. Ready for next week.

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Louisville 57
    Ohio 10

Ohio didn't put up a fight all game and Louisville wasn't stopped much on offense. Besides 1 INT and 1 punt, Louisivlle scored on every possession, although they did have to settle for 5 FGs. Eli Rogers looked good again, going for 100+ yard receiving, a nice day on punt returns, and a kick return TD. Bridgewater was upset with himself after throwing a pick, as he a 7-0 ratio before throwing it. Not much to see here, Ohio sucks ass.

Ted Bridgewater (QB)- 15-25 for 248 yards, 3 TD, INT, 8 carries for 40 yards
    Will Gardner (QB)- 2-3 for 49 yards, TD, 0 INT, 1 carry for 7 yards
    Dominique Brown (HB)- 13 carries for 59 yards
    Cory Lamb (HB)- 8 carries for 22 yards
    Eli Rogers (WR)- 6 receptions for 110 yards, TD, KR TD, 5 punt returns for 70 yards
    Michalee Harris (WR)- 4 receptions for 80 yards, TD
    Jarrett Davis (WR)- 2 receptions for 38 yards, 2 TD
    Jordan Whiting (OLB)- 11 tackles, 6 TFL, sack
    Mike Privott (MLB)- 9 tackles, 5 TFL
    Roy Philon (DT)- 3 sacks
    Terell Floyd (CB)- 2 tackles, 2 INT, TD

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Advanc tomorrow night (Friday) fellas.

12. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Did the patch have any effect on the difficulty? Cincinnati had the favourable outcome on probably 90% of the plays in the game I just played. The CPU was up 34-14 with time running out and they kicked a fucking field goal before time expired to rub it in lmao. I don't see how I can put together any drives when I get literally got sacked 10 times.

13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

-Cougars- I'll be home around 10 PM EST tonight, want to shoot for a 10:30 PM EST kick-off time for our game in week 3?

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Sounds good

15. fuzzyl0gic

Cool, see ya then.

16. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I had my biggest blowout vs. Ohio that I've ever had, but for what it's worth, it was Ohio.

17. fuzzyl0gic

SMU Improves to 1-1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SMU righted the ship with this win, as Gilbert had his best passing attack in a long streak of games. The running game got going really strong, and good luck to any defender in the Big East trying to bring down Wimbley. He is a load. Despite two INTs and a fumble, SMU pulled away with grabbing 3 INTs of their own. JUCO FS starter Jason Hopkins impressed coaches with a jump ball INT, his first of the season. Gilbert and Jones seemed a lot more in sync this game, with Jones catching 5 out of 6 passes tossed to him. The Mustangs hope to notch a second win against a very talented team in Navy.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

^ am I the only one that is showing TTU as the winner in fuzzy's box score? :S

19. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

It shows it for me as well.

20. sreese

sreese Walk On

oh great. They fixed the game again!! I think this started last year about the time of the 1st patch.

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I just begin to lose faith in EA at times.

• Like Like x 1
  22. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Kasper

I will be getting in my game tonight but not sure what time. I might have a user game at 8. If so, I'll do this one right after. If not, I'll play this game at 8ish.

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

no problem, thanks for the heads up. If you have a chance, when you get on to play take a look and see if you're last; if that's the case let me know (via text preferably) when you're done.

Hell that goes for everyone, if you are the last person to play, text me when you're done playing.

aaron, fuzzyl0gic , Philstyle3005 , BPHusker , Steamer43 , -Cougars- , Kapono , dj illmatic 23 , hornfaninbama , sreese --- take note please.

24. fuzzyl0gic

Kasper i noticed that too, not sure why.

25. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

When I played my game a minute ago, it showed Fuzzy as the winner.