S2 W3 Patriots @ Dolphins

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by whoozy11, Dec 15, 2012.

1. whoozy11

whoozy11 Walk On

Patriots: 37
    Dolphins: 21

The Patriots wanted a little redemption from last year. The Dolphins beat the Patriots in the final game of last year. Knocking the Pats out of the playoffs and ending the season in disappointment.
    With the Fins at home and coming off a loss. The Patriots gameplan for a tough game on the road and a division matchup, was in full effect. First half belonged to the Patriots. There wasn't any thing that stuck out about the Pats offense. Pretty balanced and efficient. The Dolphins offense couldn't get much going in the first two quarters. Their defense seemed to focus on a bend don't break philosophy. Which allowed the Pats to spread it around more and keep moving the chains.
    The second half started with a bang for the Fins. Reggie Bush had a 80 yard TD run early in the third quarter. Surprising the Patriots defense, because they were shutting down Bush up until that dash. Ending the third quarter Pats up 35-7.
    The Dolphins tried to get some traction for a comeback. Starting the fourth quarter with two quick TD's, but with the big early deficit there wouldn't be enough time. Patriots ball control led to a late fourth quarter FG. Putting the game out of question.
    Coach Cordell didn't have a lot to say after the game. He had praises for the defense and is excited about his new rushing attack.
    I did bump into Coach Cordell after the presser. He said how proud of Rob Ninkovich he was, "all the hard work he's put in is paying off." Rob leads the league with 12 sacks in three games!

Player of the Game: Rob Ninkovich 4 Sacks

Brady: 18-32 for 318
    Tannehill: 7-25 for 131

Johnson: 24 Att for 115
    Bush: 11 Att for 133

Good game yogibear and good luck the rest of the way.

2. whoozy11

whoozy11 Walk On

The post looks like crap, sorry. It didn't look like that when I wrote it.

3. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

I thought the psst was pretty good. Once again I struggled on offense earthy, basically letting the game get away from me in the first half. Atleast Bush didn't have fumblitis this week. Really good by Whoozy11 though. Good luck on the rest of the season.

4. whoozy11

whoozy11 Walk On

Thanks, but I was really meaning the paragraphs. It took the indentations away when I posted.