S2/W3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

aarondramp , fuzzyl0gic , Philstyle3005 , -Cougars- , hornfaninbama , Kapono , Steamer43 , sreese , dj illmatic 23 , BPHusker

Fuzzy and Cougs is the only user game- should be a quick week as I think they are scheduled tonight. Let's knock this out and keep the gravy train rolling boys.

Advance Deadline:
    - Sunday, 10pm at the latest.

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Navy Midshipmen (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Navy won 30-21 against Indiana (0-2).
    This week, the Midshipmen travel to Dallas to face the SMU Mustangs (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Gordon Parham has committed to Navy

=============== Air Force Falcons (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Air Force lost 31-27 against Colorado (2-0).
    This week, the Falcons travel to Cincinnati to face the Cincinnati Bearcats (1-1).

=============== Louisville Cardinals (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Louisville won 57-10 against Ohio (1-1).
    This week, the Cardinals are idle.

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 31-17 against Utah State (0-1).
    This week, the Aztecs travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (0-2).
    In recruiting news, the following San Diego State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Matthew Washington has committed to San Diego State
    - (***) ROLB Mike Kelly has committed to San Diego State
    - (***) FS Ted Roth has committed to San Diego State

=============== #20 Houston Cougars (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Cougars were idle.
    This week, the Cougars will host Kansas (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Houston targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Ted Rutledge has committed to Houston
    - (***) LOLB Tyler Brewster has committed to Houston
    - (****) CB Randy Clarke has committed to Houston
    - (***) RE Chris Fowler has committed to Texas

=============== Connecticut Huskies (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Connecticut lost 31-23 against Virginia Tech (1-1).
    This week, the Huskies will host Maryland (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Connecticut targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Chris Fowler has committed to Texas

=============== USF Bulls (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Bulls were idle.
    This week, the Bulls travel to Boca Raton to face the Florida Atlantic Owls (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Jorge Nichols has committed to USF

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Fresno State lost 37-14 against Cincinnati (1-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Fresno State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Lamar Cunningham has committed to Fresno State
    - (****) HB Craig Haley has committed to Fresno State

=============== SMU Mustangs (1-1) ===============
    Last week, SMU won 38-28 against Texas Tech (0-2).
    This week, the Mustangs will host Navy (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following SMU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Tavares Brown has committed to SMU

=============== Temple Owls (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Temple won 28-14 against UMass (1-1).
    This week, the Owls will host UCF (2-0).

=============== #14 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Scarlet Knights were idle.
    This week, the Scarlet Knights will host Toledo (0-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Rutgers targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Marcus Vincent has committed to Rutgers

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Again, just out talented vs the CPU as Cinci was just too much. UC QB Legeux got knocked out around halftime, which gave me a chance. Lost my star nickel frosh corner (of course it happens in his breakout game, had something like 5 or 6 tackles, a sack, and an INT before being knocked out in the third). This game got to me and ticked me off, but hey a few minutes later I'm over it I spose. Was just one of those games we weren't going to win- but again them being a B+ and my team being a C did not help things. Just need to patiently wait until my school is even with teams like this (or the CPU eventually runs this team into the fucking ground, which I can't wait for because Cinci is probably my least enjoyable game each year because their QB's love to scramble). I'll just wait on our users in the Colonial division to run these Bearcats into the ground.

oh, and yeah- lost 24-30; recovered an onside kick late but just couldn't get the ball down the field. I might look into a CPB just to find some more passing plays- right now I have about a dozen reliable ones (not money, but between how many screens and run plays are in the Army PB by default, it just doesn't leave much).

Fucking woosah..

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Loss Leaves Aztecs Questioning Offensive Choice
    San Diego St. ( dj illmatic 23 )- 3
    at
    Stanford ( CPU )- 14
    After last week's turnover filled win against Utah St., Coach Illmatic told reporters there was no way they could win again if they turned the ball over five times. This week against Stanford, his offense did him one better. They turned the ball over six times, including three redzone turnovers, as they lost to Stanford 14-3. The game was dominated by defensive play by both sides. The Aztecs held the Cardinal to 188 yards of total offense and forced two turnovers. Meanwhile SDSU gained 222 yards of total offense, but were plauged by interceptions the entire game. The Aztecs had first and goal four times in the game, and came away with only three points.
    Stanford scored their first TD on a 21 yard TD pass from QB Brett Nottingham to WR Jemari Roberts. The Aztecs would march down the field right before the half, but were forced to settle for a FG and a 7-3 halftime deficit. SDSU would drive down the field several times in the second half, and looked like they would take the lead. However, they turned the ball over every time. The Aztecs defense, which had kept them in the game all day, had a chance to give the offense one more chance. Stanford QB Nottingham was able to beat a blitz and hit WR Ty Montgomery for a 29 yard TD to seal the game. Any attempt at a comeback by SDSU was quickly dismissed when on their next play from scrimmage, Dingwell threw the sixth and final interception of the day. The loss drops the Aztecs to 1-1 on the season. SDSU will travel to UCF next week for their first Big East game of the season.
    Offensive Player of the Game
    Stanford HB Anthony Wilkerson
    18 carries/ 98 yards
    Defensive Player of the Game
    Stanford CB Usua Amanam
    4 interceptions

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

FYI all - tweaked my Army book into a CPB. Added a couple more Flex Trips looks, and a couple Wishbones too to give me 3 formations in that category. Made sure I stayed with the triple option theme- but adding an I Form trip look was very tempting, I just didn't want ot sift through the 65 or so plays in the normal I form formation alone.. haha.

5. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

USF Starts Fast, Sputters, Finally Pulls Away

South Florida 24
    Florida Atlantic 10

The USF defense struggled all day against a team that many thought wouldn't be able to do much of anything. It seemed like whenever USF was about to get a stop FAU would somehow convert, but it wasn't until late in the game when it would switch in their favor.

FAU got on the board first with a 37 yard FG. On the ensuing kickoff, WR Chris Dunkley took the ball and flew 103 yards into the endzone. In the 2nd quarter, USF got deep into FAU territory and elected to go for it on 4th and goal at the 1. The PA pass fell at the feet of TE Kelly. FAU took over and went 99 yards to a TD to give them the lead at halftime.

USF QB Eveld's performance in first half was horrible, throwing 2 INTs to what looked like right on target to the FAU defense.

In the 2nd half, USF finally showed some signs of life as they were able to get into FG range to have Sampson tie it up at 10 all. Following a FAU punt, USF drove down the field and Eveld powered his way into the endzone for 12 yards and the score, USF 17-10. The USF defense bent, but didn't break the rest of the game as they held FAU from scoring. Late in the game, Eveld scrambled after breaking a tackle and was injured deep in FAU territory. Backup QB Floyd came in and did well, finishing with a 7 yard TD pass to TE Ismael Kelly. FAU tried to score late, but were intercepted.

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

xbox is packed away but I'm on a bye week. I'll let CPU recruit this week and I'll be back for week 4

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Mustangs Pull Away With Win Over Rival Navy
    Navy would begin the game with the opening possession, and the first quarter got off to a slow start. Navy got a few first downs, but were stopped on third and short. P Pablo Beltran for Navy came on the field and kicked a 52 yard FG like it was nothing, to give his team a 3-0 lead. SMU put together a long drive with a nice mix of passing and running, but they were ultimately held short on third down as Gilbert got sacked (1st of 5 times). Loftus hit a 45 yard FG to tie up the game going into the second quarter.​
    Mosley threw a pick on Navy's next drive, and SMU was able to capitalize on the mistake with another FG to give them a narrow 6-3 lead. Navy milked the clock on their next drive, and HB Darius Staten ran in a 1 yard TD with 1:22 left to go in the half. On the Mustang's next drive, Gilbert tried to sail a pass to Johnson on a curl route, but the defender was in perfect position to pick off the pass and run it back for a score. In a matter of two plays SMU went from being up 6-3 to down 6-17 with 1:15 left in the second. Luckily for Gilbert, that INT was the only one he threw all game. He redeemed himself with a nice drive down the field, which ended with an 8 yard TD strike to WR Keenan Holman with 1 second left. It was now a 13-17 game going into halftime.​
    The Mustang offense sputtered on a three and out on their first drive of the second half, and then lightening struck on the ensuing punt return. Navy CB Eric Graham found some space and got some nice blocks, as he turned up field and ran the punt back for a 71 yard TD. SMU now trailed 13-24 and Navy had all the momentum. SMU didn't give up on the run, and executed a drive that kept the Navy defense guessing. Gilbert tossed a screen pass to HB Williams in the redzone, and Williams bounced off a defender for the 9 yard score. SMU was closing in, 20-24. Mosley tossed his second pick of the game to SS Parks, and the Mustangs turned into points. It was Williams again, this time on a toss play to the left and he broke a tackle to get into the endzone for a 2 yard run. SMU reclaimed the lead going into the fourth, 27-24.​
    Navy wasn't willing to just give this one away, as they fought back with a solid drive full of passing. Mosley found WR Matt Shibata running right behind the cover 2 zone, with the safety out of position. He flicked the pass for an 18 yard TD, giving Navy a 31-27 lead with 5:11 left in the fourth. Gilbert got the offense going, and SMU quickly found themselves 12 yards away from regaining the lead. It was third and long, as Gilbert took the snap...All receivers were running curl routes into the endzone, which were well covered. HB Williams was running a post route out of the backfield, and Gilbert threw him a pass in stride as he checked down. The Navy defender whiffed on the swat/tackle attempt, and Williams cruised in for his third TD of the second half. 34-31 SMU with 3:16 left. The Mustang defense contained, and the offense chewed the clock to secure a win. SMU improves to 2-1 and has next week off.​
    Great game -Cougars-, I got three user picks in that one and I think that may be a record for me. There were a couple of plays that they blew dead right when you snapped it, those were weird. Are you using a CPB?​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

also very curious..

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

No, I use Mississippi State's playbook. I ran a counter I think out of the SG normal formation.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

well, after playing the madden demo I:

1) Want to get into a Madden league.

2) I'm going Pro style offense.

11. sreese

sreese Walk On

Yea i didnt want to say anything but its pretty sweet, lol.