S2/W4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

aarondramp , fuzzyl0gic , Philstyle3005 , -Cougars- , hornfaninbama , Kapono , Steamer43 , sreese , dj illmatic 23 , BPHusker

Nice job with week 3 fellas- flew by. Big thanks to Trey (hornfan) for letting my sim his game as he was going to get home late tonight and didn't want to hold us up- really really appreciate that man.

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Navy Midshipmen (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Navy lost 34-31 against SMU (2-1).
    This week, the Midshipmen will host Cincinnati (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB R.J. Montgomery has committed to Navy

=============== Air Force Falcons (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Air Force lost 30-24 against Cincinnati (2-1).
    This week, the Falcons will host Connecticut (1-2).

=============== Louisville Cardinals (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Cardinals were idle.
    This week, the Cardinals will host Ole Miss (1-1).

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (1-1) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State lost 14-3 against Stanford (1-2).
    This week, the Aztecs travel to Orlando to face the UCF Knights (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following San Diego State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Dante Pitts has committed to Cal
    - (***) MLB Reggie Larson has committed to Arizona State

=============== #17 Houston Cougars (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Houston won 34-17 against Kansas (1-1).
    This week, the Cougars are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Houston targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Nate Rivers has committed to Texas A&M
    - (*****) HB Elton White has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Connecticut Huskies (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Connecticut won 34-28 against Maryland (0-1).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Colorado Springs to face the Air Force Falcons (1-2).

=============== USF Bulls (2-0) ===============
    Last week, USF won 24-10 against Florida Atlantic (1-2).
    This week, the Bulls travel to Miami to face the FIU Golden Panthers (0-2).

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (1-1) ===============
    Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
    This week, the Bulldogs will host #22 Michigan State (1-1).

=============== SMU Mustangs (2-1) ===============
    Last week, SMU won 34-31 against Navy (1-2).
    This week, the Mustangs are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following SMU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Terry Fitch has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Temple Owls (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Temple won 24-14 against UCF (2-1).
    This week, the Owls are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Temple targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Adam Holloway has committed to Temple

=============== #12 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Rutgers won 20-19 against Toledo (0-3).
    This week, the Scarlet Knights will host #21 Arkansas (2-1).

• Like Like x 2
  2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Despite Win, Coach Illmatic Says Team is Still In Trouble
    San Diego St. ( dj illmatic 23 )- 38
    at
    UCF ( CPU )- 35
    The San Diego St. Aztecs overcame six turnovers by QB Ryan Dingwell to defeat the UCF Knights 38-35. The Aztecs new offense has produced 17 turnovers in three games. SDSU benefited from their defense forcing 4 UCF turnovers which mitigated their offense's blunders. UCF got off to a quick start when QB Blake Bortles hit WR JJ Worton for a 9 yard TD. After a SDSU turnover, UCF's Storm Johnson ran it in from 8 yards to make the score 14-0 after one. The Aztecs finally got on the board in the second quarter when Dingwell hit TE Brice Quigley for an 8 yard TD. SDSU had a chance to tie the game up going into the half, but Dingwell overthrew a wide open receiver on back to back plays that would have been TD's. Instead, the Aztecs settled for a FG before the half and a 14-10 defecit at the break.
    SDSU took the opening kick of the third quarter and took the lead on a 51 yard TD run by WR Osmand Nicholas on a jet sweep. The Aztecs defense stopped the Knights on their next possession and looked like they would add to their lead. However once again, Dingwell threw an interception which was returned by CB Jamar McClain for a 75 yard TD. The fourth quarter would see both teams explode for a combined 35 points as the game came down to the wire. The Aztecs got things started when Dingwell scored on a 1 yard TD run. Twenty seconds later, UCF's Bortles hit Worton again, this time for a 75 yard TD to retake the lead. Not to be out done, 17 seconds later Dingwell would hit WR Colin Lockett for a 75 yard TD to snatch the lead back. UCF would answer behind the third TD connection of the day between Bortles and Worton, this time from 30 yards. SDSU would turn the ball over on their next possession, and it looked like they would lose. However, a big sack by the Aztecs' defense forced a longer FG for UCF which was just missed. Dingwell would make up for his errors and drive the offense down the field for the game winning score when he hit WR Paul Pitts for a 24 yard TD with under a minute to go. When asked about his QB's bame winning drive Coach Illmatic said, "It's the least he can do. His turnovers are the reason we needed a comeback in the first place." With the win, the Aztecs move to 2-1 and 1-0 in the Big East. They host Louisville next week in a rare home game for SDSU.
    Offensive Player of the Game
    SDSU WR Colin Lockett
    4 catches/ 120 yards/ 1 TD/ 2 rushes/ 20 yards
    Defensive Player of the Game
    SDSU CB Pierre Romain
    5 tackles/ 2 sacks/ 1 interception/ 1 forced fumble
    Play of the Game
    see link below

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Opportunistic Air Force Defense Leads Falcons to 17-3 Win In Colorado Springs

Air Force managed 148 yards compared to UConn's 249, but the AF defense managed to snag 3 interceptions and also get a fumble recovered to help keep the Huskies out of the endzone and to secure the win. Devin Phillips went 9-29 to the tune 120 yards and 3 interceptions- the freshman did put together a nice day on the ground racking up 74 yards on 12 attempts including some nice read options.

Air Force looked good with their new pro style offense at times, but it is evident that there is still a learning curve that must occur. Jovan Alford went 6-16 for 46 yards, and put together a couple nice runs with the read option. Senior Anthony LaCoste had a nice day in the new offense, gaining 84 yards for 22 attempts while also getting a TD.

Sorry my summary is short, have company over. GG aarondramp

4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Sorry I was the holdout last week. Had to empty the apt in Tuscaloosa for the sublet. Glad to not have to pay rent on 2 places anymore!

• Like Like x 1
  5. hornfaninbama

Nova Leads Scarlet Knights to Victory
    Rutgers Scores OT Win

Piscataway, NJ- Gary Nova had the best game of his career and led Rutgers to a dramatic OT win on Saturday. "He was unstoppable. He ran it well, he threw it well and he won the starting QB job today." Nova finished with 252 yards passing 3 TDs 1 interception, and 117 yards rushing and 2 TDs. His best run was a 30 yard option keeper for a TD in the 3rd. But he also scored the game winner in OT from 5 yards out. Jawan Jamison played well also running for 101 yards on 21 carries. But was in and out of the game with several injuries. Quran Pratt led the receivers with 4 grabs for 100 yards and a 64 yard TD where he got behind the defense.

Arkansas got out to a quick 14-0 lead before Rutgers decided to play. Chas Dodd's interception on the 2nd play from scrimmage led to a quick Hawg TD and a return to the bench for the rest of the season. The next drive ended on Nova's only interception, but it came after the Knights had driven the field and landed in the red zone. Arkansas used a powerful run game to notch a second TD. Rutgers scored on the final play of the 1st on a 64 yard pass to Quran Pratt. The only scoring in the 2nd was a Rutgers FG as time expired to close the gap to 14-10.

In the 3rd the offenses began to get going against 2 very tough defenses. Keon Hatcher hauled in a 49 yard TD to strengthen Arkansas hold on the lead at 21-10. Rutgers answered on the next drive with Nova finding Jamison for a 10 yard score. The defenses held from there and the offenses came back strong in the 4th.

After Dean caught a 3 yard pass on 3rd an goal to open up an 11 point lead Rutgers scored on Nova's 30 yard scamper. Jamison talked about the run after the game, "I saw the highlights. And I have never seen someone so slow score from so far out. I thought he was jogging!" Nova just managed to elude the grasp of an Arkansas defender on his way in. But the Knights were stopped on the 2 pt try. "It wasn't a good day for our short yardage group. We got stopped on a 4th and 2. We got stopped on a 2pt try. We have to try and get better next week." The Razorbacks were able to bang in a FG with 1:44 left in the 4th and seemed to have locked the game up. But Nova was having none of it.

Rutgers was able to move the ball a little before Rs FR Leonte Caroo snuck behind the safeties on a post route for a 65 yard TD to shrink the deficit to 2. On the 2nd 2 point try of the day Rutgers tried a pass play. "We had done well on the Read Option all game long. I think the defense was looking for it a little so we talked about it on the sidelines and the offensive coaches decided that would be the perfect time to call it. We had Nova go with a hard count, which drew them offsides and allowed us a free shot. Luckily Gary forced one in and Carrezola was able to hang on to it."

But the explosive play from the fastest player on the team left almost a full minute for the Razorbacks to get into FG range. After a 17 yard pickup and a 6 yard run Arkansas surrendered a sack and inexplicably neglected to use their 3rd timeout. The clock ran from :32 to :13 before the hiked it and threw a 9 yard pass to the TE. The clock stopped to move the chains, but Arkansas threw 2 Hail Mary incompletions to end the game in a 31 all tie.

Arkansas won the toss and chose to go on defense first. Nova broke off a 15 yard run on the first play, Jamison went for 5 on the next. And Nova punched in his 2nd TD of the day on the 3rd. DeLuisa nailed the XP and he Scarlet Knights defense took the field. They sacked Arkansas on the 1st play from scrimmage to put the Hawgs in a hole. Mitchell threw 2 incompletions setting up a 4th and 18 with the game on the line. Mitchell hit his TE on a deep out route but he was quickly pushed out of bounds and stopped 5 yards shy of the marker.

"I was extremely proud of our team today and our 4 fans should be too. They fought all game long and never gave up. Nova has an incredible ability to lead this team. He's not the perfect QB for this system, but he's the perfect QB for this team. He's hard nosed, he fights hard and if you give him and inch he's going to beat you."

• Like Like x 2
  6. hornfaninbama

That game was the best game I have ever had against the CPU. It couldn't have gone any better for me. I had 2 recruits in the stands. I hope the OT win helps me nab them. Something similar happened in my other OD and despite Pitt's less than stellar pitches I got several A+ grades for knocking off Notre Dame.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I will play my game after work today. Hopefully I can continue my winning ways against FIU.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Upset special!

9. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I'll play mine later today and see if I have any better luck with Michigan State.

10. sreese

sreese Walk On

so are we advancing tonight?

11. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Thanks for the vote of confidence. (**asshole**):D After the terrible showing last game, I wouldn't be surprised if we choke. :(

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  12. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Kasper

It might not show me as green because I recruited on the wire, but I'm ready.

13. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

EVELD BENCHED BUT MAKES PLAY WHEN IT COUNTS

South Florida 15
    Florida International 14

The offensive renaissance that had graced the USF Bulls was over on USF's Starting QB's first pass, a pick 6 to give FIU the 7 point lead. The USF defense didn't disappoint as they played well all game. After going back and forth on the next couple series, USF got on the board behind a 28 yard Sampson FG. Sampson pulled USF to within 1 before the half with a long 50 yard FG.

The USF defense played how they were expected to, but one lapse - the inability to make a tackle on a screen play - pulled the game seemingly out of reach. On 3rd and 8 from the 43, FIU QB Medlock lobbed it to RB Lowder who ran behind his blockers as the USF defense tried to make a tackle, but it was over as he made it past the secondary and scored on a 57 yard screen. On the next drive, USF went 3 and out, on 3 passes. Coach BP had enough and benched 1st year starting QB Eveld and brought in Floyd, who had 1 pass all season. After the defense made a stop, Floyd went in and looked pretty good, moving USF down the field. But his playing time got cut short after being leveled by a FIU defender in the 4th quarter. After FIU missed a 30 yard FG, Eveld took over with just under 2 minutes left. He looked calm and collected and moved the Bulls down the field through the air and with the read option. Eveld got USF down to the 5 yard line with 30 seconds left. They were stopped on 3 consecutive plays, but on 4th down from the 2 with 5 seconds left, Eveld made a play that will go down as the best in his early career. He dropped back with a 3-step drop and saw Freshman TE Kelly open. Kelly made the catch and hung onto the ball for the score!! FIU had 1 last gasp, but the ball was swatted down.

Players of the Game
    Bobby Eveld: 12-18 128 yards 1 TD, 1 INT
    Ismael Kelly: 7 receptions 61 yards, 1 TD

Stat of the Game
    Until the 4th quarter, USF had under 150 yards total offense. :\

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  14. sreese

sreese Walk On

we are waiting on kapono and steamer. Anyone seen Kapono?

Kasper are we on 24 hr cpu games or did i make that up? lol

15. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm going to start my game now

16. Steamer43

Playing now

17. Steamer43

Fresno State Upsets Michigan State 34-6

This one was a lot closer than it looked. A field goal in the 4th quarter gave Fresno State some separation with a 17-6 lead, but the Bulldog defense would seal the game by getting back to back pick 6's within the next minute to make it a 31-6 blow out. LJ Jones and Derron Smith led the Bulldogs with each player having a pick 6 as well as 15 combined tackles.

18. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Kasper

We are ready to advance.

19. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Louisville 45
    Ole Miss 10

This seemed to be a matchup of two pretty even teams and it was after the first quarter, when the score was tied at 7. The Rebel's TD came off a Louisville fumble that was recovered on the 1 yard line, but after that Teddy Bridgewater could do no wrong. Bridgewater threw 3 TD passes and ran for 1 in the 2nd quarter alone as he had 300 yards with 4 TD passes as halftime. Leading 38-7 at half, Louisville coasted to an easy 45-10 win with the backups playing most of the 4th quarter. Louisville sits at 3-0 after 3 impressive and easy wins. Bridgewater's TD-INT ratio has now climbed to 11-1.

Teddy Bridgewater (QB)- 19-28 for 363 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 9 carries for 20 yards, TD
    DOminique Brown (HB)- 14 carries for 83 yards, TD
    Michalee Harris (WR)- 4 receptions for 115 yards, 3 TD
    Eli Rogers (WR)- 4 receptions for 72 yards