S2/W5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, May 3, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

3. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I can't play Friday. Saturday after the Grizzlies game I can play anytime. (Tip-off at 1:30 PST)

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

That will work because I will be at the A&M Baseball game that starts an hour later. I'm sure the baseball game will be over before that game does but just in case text me when the game is almost over.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I talked to Saw in the CB and my buddy is back from Afghanistan so my summary will be short. Had a tough grind it out game with Illinois but pulled out a nice 38-17 win. My Frosh TE had a nice coming out party with 100 yards and the defense forced like 4 or 5 turnovers.

Later!

6. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Ok cool.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

summaries kids lets go..

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

#20 Toledo 42
    Boston Coll. 25

Toledo's defense looked great in the 1st half, but they did have difficulty getting the ball in the endzone as 2 FG's gave them a 6-0 lead after the 1st. On the 1st play of the 2nd, Terrance Owens found Jullian Bellinger on a 26-yard TD pass to go up 13-0. Not much action the rest of the half as the 2 defenses played well and Toledo went into the break up 13-3, but that's when the offenses got started. On Toledo's 1st play of the 3rd, Owens was chased around in the pocket and found true freshman TE/WR Matt Lawson on a catch and run bomb on a post route while throwing on the run for a 79-yard TD (highlight on DW). Toledo then scored as Owens found Bellinger on a 1-yard pass to go up 27-3. BC scored 2 TDs to bring the game closer, but weren't able to slow down the Toledo offense.

Terrance Owens (QB)- 17-25 for 381 yards, 4 TD, INT, 16 carries for 22 yards, TD
    Josh Haden (HB)- 8 carries for 42 yards, 3 receptions for 73 yards
    Matt Lawson (TE)- 5 receptions for 145 yards, TD
    Cordale Scott (WR)- 3 receptions for 86 yards, TD
    Dan Molls (MLB)- 10 solo tackles, INT

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I was trying to crack into Lawson's top ten about the lasdt 5 weeks of regular season recruiting last year-- when he didn't budge I changed my aim to Bonner who is a stud too. Nice highlight too- good patience in the pocket.

10. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Kasper just letting you steamer and I are playing at 9:30pm cst tonight

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Kasper you never passed it to me to advance..my game shows 2 starts because it froze on the loading screen the first time (got a pic if you want).

@Divisibledule and BPHusker haven't played their games either.

12. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Redhawks Top Falcons
    In the battle of the birds, Miami(OH) earned their 2nd Conference and 3rd victory of this early season. The Redhawks pretty much out muscled the Falcons in perfect conditions and in front of 13,465 fans tonight. In the 1st Quarter both teams would score making the game seem like it was going to be a back and forth affair. Bowling Green started with the ball but quickly turned the ball right over. From the second play from scrimmage, Falcon QB Matt Schilz stared down the intended WR and MLB Luke Kelly picked it off. The return was a short gain but it setup a shorter distance for the Redhawks to go. After a few plays RB Erik Finklea pounded the rock into the endzone for the first time from 3 yards out. Miami(OH)'s defense played very strong but on this drive they did not have an answer for Bowling Green's offense. The methodical drive pushed the defense to the limits and when FS Brison Burris decided to over look TE Maurice Green, QB Matt Schilz took advantage of it. ​
    After the quarter ended 14-14, this would be the last time the Falcons saw this much success. Both defenses clamped down in the 2nd Quarter and only Miami(OH) was able to put two FGs in. A couple of drives looked promising for the Redhawks but MLB Eric Jordan and Dwanye Woods rallied their teammates and made some big stops to force the 48 and 19 yard FGs, both made by K Mason Krysinski. The half would end in Miami(OH)'s favor 13-7.​
    Miami(OH) would receive the ball at half and played keep away the entire 3rd Quarter. Bowling Green could not stop the bleeding and the bruiser Erik Finklea. The Redhawks converted 3rd down, after 3rd down, after 3rd down running clock and testing the Falcon's stamina. Bowling Green was able to force some punts but they eventually could not hold up after two more interceptions were thrown by QB Matt Schilz. RB Eric Finklea could not be stopped from 1 yard out and pushed the lead to 20-7. Again in the 4th Quarter the Redhawks would run more of the clock off and wore down the defense. Miami(OH) would only get two more FGs by Mason Krysinski but the defense would shine even more. The Redhawks held the Falcon offense to only 184 yards and picked the ball off four times. Bowling Green tried their best to score right before the clock hit zero but when it rains it pours. The play of the game would come from DJ Dayonne's interception.​
    This would allow QB Zac Dysert to kneel the ball out, giving Miami(OH) their 3rd win of the season. The great defensive play by the Redhawks will look to stop the big rushing attack of Wisconsin next week. Miami(OH) will definitely need to play mistake free football to even keep the game close. GG Steamer43
    FINAL SCORE: 26-7
    PLAYER OF THE WEEK: RB Erik Finklea- 32 Attempts, 106 yards, 2 yards

• Like Like x 1
  13. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I played, and only my team can make a sorry team like Duke look like superstars. I lost 37-31 I could cry. But 0-3 isn't so bad I guess..lol

14. fuzzyl0gic

Running the ball up the middle kills Heisman.

15. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Awesome... my post isn't there from yesterday. I posted that I had graduation parties and work crap yesterday and probably wouldn't be able to play until Sunday. I just wanted to post this so you didn't think I was blowing you guys off.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

let me know when your done spanky

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

My o line garbage and my qbs suck booty. I told them to throw to his left he is a left handed qb but he threw the ball to his right. I just put the controller down and walked away to take a break.

18. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Not sure why we haven't advanced yet. -Cougars- your game isn't showing up on DW, not sure if it registered or not.

The only user game for week 6 is Kasper and I. When's good for you, I should be able to play tonight.

19. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well that sucks. I played and lost 37-31 you can sim it when the week gets advanced

20. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Turnovers and Penalties Galore For Both Teams, but BSU Gets Win

Ball State 31
    Indiana 24

It was a very sloppy game on both sides, but Ball State was able to do just enough to win. Indiana got on the board first with a TD pass after using their hurry up offense that completely gassed the BSU defense. Ball State answered back with 2 TDs of their own in the 2nd quarter to go up 14-7, but after a horrible turnover, Indiana was able to get into FG range and pull within 4 at 14-10 at half time.

Indiana started off the 2nd half with the ball and completely owned the BSU defense. The defense had a couple chances to make a stop on 3rd down, but was unable to. Indiana's backup RB Houston was able to give Indiana the lead 17-14 in the 3rd. BSU tied it back up on the first play of the 4th with a 26 yard field goal by Kovanda. On Indiana's next drive, they tried a screen pass, but the RB couldn't hang on and BSU picked it up and rumbled in for a touchdown, but it was called back following what was like the 10th holding or clipping call in the game. It took some more time off the clock, but Wenning hooked up with Mershman for a 7 yard TD pass. Indiana's troubles didn't stop there. On their next drive, cheesy QB running led to a big hit and a fumble that Ball State was able to jump on. Williams was able to take it up the gut for a 23 yard TD and what ended up being the winning score. Indiana was able to throw up a prayer and score, but Ball State ground it out and ran out the clock.

I had 2 TDs called back for clipping or holding. It was getting ridiculous! Everytime I made a game changing play, it seemed there was some sort of penalty called. The CPU was trying to screw me! ;p

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

advance it asap. dk if you got my text.

Sorry for the delay fellas, i was really preoccupied this weekend withmy buddy coming home.

22. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    Temple Tramples Maryland
    Senior QB Mike Gerardi had the best game of his career against Maryland; he completed 20/29 passes for 6 TDs/1 INT 339 yards. On top of that, the senior RB duo Pierce and Brown both had over 100 yards rushing and 1 TD each (combined 260 yards). The Owl's offense was simply too much for the Terrapins to handle, as Temple cruised to a 59-21 victory.​
    [​IMG]