S2 W6 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JSimms, Nov 27, 2013.

1. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Post Em Up

2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Vikings Improve to 4-0 on the Road; Beat Tampa Bay 35-14

[​IMG]
    The Vikings & Bucs squared off in Week 6, both looking to keep pace in the tough NFC divisional and playoff races. Each team has a similar build - they both rely on their defense and a strong running game.

The Bucs received the ball first, and looked to set the tone early. They marched down the field on their first drive with a nice mix of power run and play action passing. The drive was capped off by a 35-yard TD pass from 2nd-year QB Mike Glennon to WR Mario Manningham to go up 7. The Vikings would put together a methodical drive of their own, and would tie the game early in the 2nd half on a 1-yd TD run by Adrian Peterson.

The Bucs were forced to punt on their next drive, but the defense picked them up and Darrelle Revis would jump a Vincent Jackson route and take it to the house for 6. Unrattled, QB Sam Bradford would put together another drive. They called a good-timed screen pass to Adrian Peterson, who would juke his way 42 yards to paydirt to tie the game at 14. Another Tampa Bay punt would give the Vikings the ball back with 3 timeouts left, and Bradford would find his third option on the play, TE Kyle Rudolph, streaking down the middle of the field uncovered - 76 yards later the Vikings found themselves up 21-14 at the half.

The second half was all Minnesota. The Bucs would end up with just 218 total yards of offense, as they really struggled getting the running game going (just 80 yards on 23 carries). They attempted to stretch the field a couple of times, but all deep passes fell to the turf in this one. The Vikings would put up two more TD's in the second half, including a 71-yard TD pass to Greg Jennings. Final Score: 35-14 in favor of MN.

Good game, ZCar352.

Players of the Game:

Vikings:
    QB Sam Bradford - 13 of 20, 3 TD, 2 INT, 343 yds
    HB Adrian Peterson - 23 carries, 107 yds, 2 TD; 1 catch, 42 yds, 1 TD
    DT Sharrif Floyd - 4 Tackles, 1 Sack

Bucs:
    WR Mario Manningham - 2 catches, 50 yds, 1 TD
    CB Darrelle Revis - 3 tackles, 1 INT, 1 INT TD

• Like Like x 2
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Seahawks Defense Makes Life Easy For the Offense

[​IMG][​IMG]

Seattle, WA-- The Niners gave it all they had in the first quarter of the ball game with big play types, including a wildcat pass from Gore. The Niners held a 7-0 and a 14-7 lead at one point in the first quarter but soon after Seattle would get their feet under them and then rattle off 31 unanswered points before the Niners would kick a FG and then in the fourth the Seahawks would put another three on the board to finish off the score at 41-17. The Seahawks combined for 4 sacks and 5 takeaways on the day, four different players recorded a sack, three different players recorded an interception and three players forced a fumble, while two were recovered.

[​IMG]

Seattle
    Russell Wilson 10/14 111 Yards 2 TDs
    Montee Ball 32 Att 136 Yards 2 TDs
    Percy Harvin 3 Rec 90 Yards
    Dennis Pitta 3 Rec 34 Yards TD
    Bruce Irvin 5 Tackles 2 TFL Sack FF
    Bobby Wagner 4 Tackles 3 TFL Sack FF
    Red Bryant 3 Tackles 2 TFL Sack FR

San Francisco
    Colin Kaepernick 9/20 247 Yards TD 3 INTs
    Frank Gore 10 Att 23 Yards
    AnQuan Boldin 4 Rec 105 Yards TD
    Vernon Davis 3 Rec 94 Yards TD
    Patrick Willis 8 Tackles 3 TFL
    Navorro Bowman 7 Tackles 3 TFL
    Eric Reid 6 Tackles
    Corey Lemonier 5 Tackles TFL Sack
    Good game Chief9 look forward to the game in San Fran

• Like Like x 2
  4. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I'm fucking pissed, 25 seconds left in the game, 1 TO, at the left hash of the 20 needing 3 to win. Ran one more play to try and center the ball, and fucking Daryl Richardson fumbled. Lol go figure.

I'll post more when I'm done bashing my brain in.

Oh, and Daryl Richardson was cut from the team in the parking lot!

• Like Like x 1