S2/W6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, May 7, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

yep. back on pace folks. sorry about week 5 getting dragged out- was my fault.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

NIU Beats Toledo In Double OT .... AGAIN

Just like last season, Toledo came into their rivalry match with Northern Illinois undefeated and climbing the polls-- yet again the Huskies were having none of it. It was all Toledo to start this one though, as the Rockets scored the first 20 points before NIU tacked on a field goal before half thanks to some home field luck.

Picking the action up in the second quarter, NIU came rumbling back; getting the only score of the third quarter on a 32 yard WR mid screen play to Anthony Johnson from Jordan Lynch. A Sims field goal early in the fourth, and the home crowd could not believe what they were seeing-- what a come back! Down 7 with a little over a minute left, NIU got a huge touchdown run from Jamal Womble from 4 yards out to tie it up, the defense held on and off to OT we went.

NIU would score first on a clutch third down, with freshman Eddie Bonner hauling in a 28 yard touchdown. Toledo would get to the goalline quickly- but the NIU defense dug in, eventually finding themselves in a fourth and goal with the game on the line. Toledo All-Everything QB Terrance Owens would come up big though, finding B Reedy on a quick out for the tieing score!

Toledo would be held to a 40 yard field goal on their next drive, and NIU would get a few quick plays to get to the goalline. Womble would punch in the go ahead score, and Dekalb was thrown into a frenzy.

Good game Kapono -- I would say we officially have a rivalry. I didn't think I had a chance after the first half..

NIU Stats:

Jordan Lynch - 13-20 253 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT
    Jamal Womble - 13 for 40 yards, 2 TDs
    Eddie Bonner - 4 for 79 yards, TD
    Anthony Johnson - 3 for 60 yards, TD
    Martel Moore - 2 for 63 yards

Telling stat: Terrance Owens' 3 interceptions..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I hate Northern Illinois. Next time I'll have to get up more than 20. Owens lit it up in the 1st half, 10-13 for 120 yards, 0 INT, 60 rush yards. 2nd half, he was just garbage. His throws were off, I couldn't make good reads, the whole passing game collapsed and NIU didn't change their offense. I was really hoping NIU would come out firing and just air it out because I'd probably run away with it, but they stayed with their normal offense which was a smart move and just slowly came back.

I had 2 receivers open deep that he missed and one HB pass in the flats that I just missed that could've picked up 5-8 yards instead leaving me with nothing. Also I couldn't do anything inside the 5 yard line. I usually go out in 5 wide and audible based on the D, but there was nothing there. I have a bad feeling that this loss is going to put me right back into my offensive slump which always happens when I lose confidence. If I lose my user game tonight, consider my team shit for at least 2 weeks (7-8 weeks in the dynasty). Seems like I'm really good for 2 weeks then really bad for 2 weeks. And I was doing really, really well offensively for a while until Kasper smashed me in the 2nd half. Kasper you killed my mojo of good offense.

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah it carried over. Gonna take a while to forget this game. Lost my user game 33-31 and threw 5 picks.

6. fuzzyl0gic

Still shook from the CCG? :eek: ;)

7. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I will play my game tonight.

8. fuzzyl0gic

You've never beat me, yet beat Kapono twice in two seasons. Damn!

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah I was running some creative defenses against your attack that I won't share on here. It was within the rules of course, but I think I found something to use against you from time to time.

:cool:

fuzzyl0gic maybe I will beat you eventually- I always give up a big run or two against you that always ends up being the back breaker for me.

Also Kapono- I did a lot better this game of keeping Owens from scrambling too much which helped a ton. That first speed option you ran with him though for big yardage had me worried sick about the whole game off the bat..

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Western Michigan 42
    Troy 17

Western Michigan picks up a big win at home over Troy 42-17. The Broncos jumped out to a 14-0 lead only to watch the Trojans score 10 straight. The Broncos would trade touchdowns with Troy, and then add another touchdown right before the half to take the lead 28-17 going into the half. The Broncos would then get a run from Tevin Drake and a 3rd touchdown pass from Alex Carder to put the Broncos on top 42-17, and they would just run the clock out from that point forward. Carder ended the day with 345 yards 4 touchdowns, and 1 interception. The Broncos remain undefeated, and could possibly move up from their number 3 ranking in the nation. The Broncos should have 2 easy wins the next two weeks, but then get to the real part of their schedule where they have NIU and Bowling Green coming to town back to back weeks, then travel to Temple and Ball State, before finishing at home against Toledo, then on the road at Buffalo. A brutal way to end the season, but hopefully the Broncos tough schedule so far has them prepared.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Reading the end of your summary just makes me love this one conference setup so much more Philstyle3005 .... otherwise it would be maybe 1 or 2 hard games left-- instead you have to navigate through, what, like 4 or 5 more user games? probably more?

13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

6 user games. I'll have played just CPU games until I play you, then it's 6 straight user games to end the season.

14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

That is how my season was last year, talk about brutal!

15. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Same... and I think I won 2 user games last season... :\

16. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

UPSET ALERT! Bowling Green leads #4 Oklahoma State 14-0 at halftime. Oklahoma State playing flat after losing to #5 Arizona last week.

• Like Like x 2
  17. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

See in NCAA 13 we will all have to cheer for each other in our OOC games because it ties into our conference prestige.

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well damn Buffalo gets blasted 30-13 by Eastern Michigan. I ain't even mad though lol Buffalo I can't wait until Ncaa '13 drops so I can toss you guys to the curb,

19. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Did your team progress or go wrong way in ratings?

20. Steamer43

Oklahoma State crosses the 50 yard line for the first time all game. Unfortunately it was a 62 yard TD run. 14-7 lead 4:39 left on the clock.

21. Steamer43

Bowling Green Upsets Oklahoma State 17-13

#4 Oklahoma State had two bye weeks to let their 17-13 loss to #4 Arizona settle in and they could not bounce back with the visiting Bowling Green Falcons upsetting them by the same 17-13 score. Bowling Green set the tone on a 5 minute, 11 play touchdown drive capped off on a 1 yard touchdown run by Hopgood. Bowling Green continued to move the ball and force Oklahoma State into poor field position. It would pay off greatly as linebacker Eric Jordan picked off a WR screen and ran 6 yards into the end zone. BGSU had one last chance to score before halftime, but a field goal bounced off the left upright. Trailing 14-0 going into the 4th quarter, the Cowboys finally got their offense going. They would cross the 50 yard line for the first time all game when Smith broke off a 62 yard run breaking tackles left and right for a touchdown to make it 14-7 with 4:46 to go. Bowling Green came up big in response when freshmen WR Williams caught a short pass, and broke a tackle to take it 46 yards. The Falcons settled for a field goal to make it 17-7 with 1:50 to go. OSU quickly moved down the field and an 18 yard TD pass cut the lead again, but a blocked PAT and a failed onside kick ended the momentum and sealed the BGSU upset.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

:rolleyes:

Like you did with your #1 ranked Bruins against my Cougars?

*this guy ^^. heh*

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

and you could have done your summary with about 5 words and a picture:

Buffalo loses to Eastern Michigan

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

25. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Ball State Makes Fewer Mistakes Wins Game

Ball State 67
    Central Michigan 46

Ball State started out the first quarter looking perfect - moving the ball at will against a 1-3 CMU team. At the end of the first quarter, things were still looking good at 28-10. The second quarter started with a CMU TD to pull them within 9. Ball State bounced back with 2 TDs one from Backup RB Edwards and another by Williams. CMU didn't give up and they completely owned the BSU secondary and Radcliff hooked up with a WIDE OPEN (10 yards+) Davis for the 50 yard TD. The Chippewas' defense held, but a great punt by BSU set them up at the 1 inch line. BSU was able to get a safety. On the ensuing free kick, CMU's kicker kicked it out of bounds and Ball State was able to get into FG range to make it a 47-24 halftime score.

The wheels started coming off for BSU in the 2nd half. It started with CMU's Wilson returning the opening half kickoff for 97 yards. BSU was able to get a FG on the board, but CMU bounced right back after another horrible blown coverage by the Cardinals defense - a 75 yard BOMB for a TD. Up by 11, BSU was able to add some insurance points in the 4th - a 22 yard FG and a 2 yard TD run by Williams to go up 60-39. Central Michigan got another break with ANOTHER blown coverage, this time only a 22 yard TD, but a touchdown nonetheless. BSU ran out the clock late and broke a run to the outside to put the nail in the coffin for the 21 point win.

STAT OF THE DAY: 1604 total yards between both teams. (Both defenses were pretty shitty)