S2/W6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

aarondramp , fuzzyl0gic , Philstyle3005 , -Cougars- , hornfaninbama , Kapono , Steamer43 , sreese , dj illmatic 23 , BPHusker

Pace is nice fellas, lets keep the activity up!

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Navy Midshipmen (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Navy won 23-21 against Connecticut (1-4).
    This week, the Midshipmen are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Bryson Culver has committed to Navy

=============== Air Force Falcons (2-2) ===============
    Last week the Falcons were idle.
    This week, the Falcons will host Colorado State (3-1).

=============== Louisville Cardinals (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Louisville won 24-21 against San Diego State (2-2).
    This week, the Cardinals will host Fresno State (2-1).

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (2-2) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State lost 24-21 against Louisville (4-0).
    This week, the Aztecs travel to San Jose to face the San Jose State Spartans (2-2).

=============== #15 Houston Cougars (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Houston won 49-30 against USF (3-1).
    This week, the Cougars travel to Piscataway to face the #17 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (3-1).

=============== Connecticut Huskies (1-4) ===============
    Last week, Connecticut lost 23-21 against Navy (3-2).
    This week, the Huskies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Connecticut targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Chris Houston has committed to Connecticut

=============== USF Bulls (3-1) ===============
    Last week, USF lost 49-30 against Houston (3-0).
    This week, the Bulls will host SMU (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Adam Bryant has committed to Miami
    - (***) MLB Matthew Gordon has committed to UCF

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Louisville to face the Louisville Cardinals (4-0).

=============== SMU Mustangs (3-1) ===============
    Last week, SMU won 34-31 against TCU (4-1).
    This week, the Mustangs travel to Tampa to face the USF Bulls (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following SMU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Tommy Wright has committed to SMU
    - (***) HB Tony Barrett has committed to Tulsa

=============== Temple Owls (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Temple lost 28-24 against Pittsburgh (2-3).
    This week, the Owls are idle.

=============== #17 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Rutgers lost 38-31 against Boise State (2-2).
    This week, the Scarlet Knights will host #15 Houston (3-0).

2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Philstyle3005 I am good to go anytime tonight or tomorrow after 630.

3. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

USF WINS BEHIND TOUGH DEFENSE AND FIELD GOALS... MANY FIELD GOALS

South Florida 35
    SMU 27

USF may have finally gotten the monkey off their back. USF's offense and defense came alive and beat one of the premier offensive teams in the national. It was a hard fought game, one that wasn't decided until the final 30 seconds. SMU started off the scoring by moving the ball down the field and settling with a 29 yard FG. USF answered right back with their own - a 55 yarder. On their next drive the Mustangs tossed the ball around and scored from 14 yards out on a TD pass. SMU was up 10-3. USF didn't back down, moving the ball down the field, but were stopped and Sampson made one of his most impressive FGs on the night, a 56 yarder into a 12 MPH wind that had 2 yards to spare. Following an interception, USF got the ball back and Eveld hooked up with his favorite target Chris Dunkley, who snagged in a 66 yard TD to give USF a 13-10 lead. SMU wouldn't stay down as they moved the ball down the field in 2 minutes to score with 8 seconds left to regain the lead. Chris Dunkley made a catch on a hail mary, but was bumped and lost his footing as time expired at the 20 yard line. SMU was up 17-13 at the half.

The 3rd quarter was pretty much all USF. Eveld used a balanced attack to march USF down the field and capped off the drive with a 5 yard pass to Griffin. Following another SMU interception, USF was able to get into FG range again and kick a 51 yarder that was good. USF was up 23-17. SMU rolled with the punches and SMU was able to get to the USF 30, but were stopped on 3rd and short by the Bulls' D. They were forced to kick a FG. The 4th quarter started as more of the same - Sampson kicked another 55 yarder. The Bulls defense made another huge play intercepting SMU's Gilbert again. On the ensuing play, RB Lindsey zipped through the defense for a 83 yard TD run. USF tried for 2 to give themselves a 14 point lead, but Eveld was sacked before he knew what hit him. USF was up 32-20 with 3 minutes to go. SMU refused to give up, while the USF defense refused to give up another score. SMU won the battle as they were able to score with 47 seconds left to pull within 5, 32-27. SMU tried the onside, still with 3 TOs. The kick failed and USF recovered at the 44 yard line. USF failed to get the first down, but they were in FG range already and Sampson hit his final FG of the night to make it 35-27. SMU had 1 more shot, but Gilbert's pass was intercepted and the game was over.

PLAYER OF THE GAME

K - Joey Sampson - 5/5 Long 56, 2/2 XP
    RB - Lindsey - 19 carries - 130 yards, 1 TD (83 yard TD)
    QB - Eveld - 8/11 220 yards, 2 TDs, 6 carries - 34 yards.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Plan on eating dinner with my folks tonight, but after that I'll be good to go man

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Good game BPHusker, that is my first user loss since we've started this thing (hard to believe, I was very lucky a few times). I'm going to hit the practice field and work on my timing with Gilbert after that one, that third and final interception I threw at the end of the game was just so stupid on my part. Your team is vastly improved from last year.

I was also fuming about that long TD pass where I switched to my safety and he looped way in front of your receiver. Keeping you out of field goal range was near impossible, those pesky 55+ yaders and Gilbert's picks did me in. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

• Like Like x 1
  7. hornfaninbama

Philstyle3005 I just got home. I am gonna grab some dinner, but I should be ready to roll in about an hour or so.

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Just got done eating dinner man and back at the house. I'm good to go anytime now. Shoot me a text when you're ready, or just send the invite because I'm getting on the game now

9. hornfaninbama

10. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

First Half Explosion Leads Aztecs Past Rival San Jose St.
    San Diego St. ( dj illmatic 23 )- 48
    at
    San Jose St ( CPU )- 7
    The San Diego St. Aztecs finally showed some big play potential as they destroyed the San Jose St. Spartans 48-7. The Aztecs scored quicly when reigning Return Man of the Year HB D. Hardwick took a punt back 76 yards for a TD. An interception by SDSU CB King Holder, one of three on the day for him, would set the Aztecs up for their second score a 53 yard pass from QB Ryan Dingwell to WR Colin Lockett. Dingwell would find WR Osmand Nicholas from 15 yards out on their next drive to make the score 21-0. As the Spartans continued to turn the ball over, SDSU continued to capitalize. Holder returned an intercpetion down to the one, and FB P. Hicks took it in from there. The Aztecs would cap their 42 point first half explosion off with a Dingwell to Nicholas 84 yard TD pass.
    The Aztecs used the entire second half to get some playing time for their back-ups. It was rather uneventful. SDSU had several drives stall and were forced to settle for two field goals. Meanwhile, the Spartans scored on a 30 yard pass from QB D. Stewart to WR N. Grigsby. With the win, the Aztecs improve to 3-2 and 1-1 in the Big East. They travel on the road to take on SMU next week.
    Offensive Player of the Game
    SDSU QB Ryan Dingwell
    15-24/ 258 yards/ 3 TD's/ 8 carries/ 39 yards
    Defensive Player of the Game
    SDSU CB King Holder
    4 tackles/ 3 interceptions

11. sreese

sreese Walk On

Who is left louisville and Fresno St? anyone know if they have a time set up or anything?

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I texted him now. Yeah I told him I'd let him know last night, but got too drunk at the bar

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Legitimate reason around here this time of year.

• Like Like x 3
  14. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance...

15. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Kapono beat me 38-17, ready to adv.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Louisville 38
    Fresno St. 17

Fresno St. upset Louisville last year, and now Louisville, sitting at 4-0 was looking for revenge at home. Bridgewater had a great game despite 2 INTs but he did have a terrific day running the ball. FS's offense looked good when they weren't turning the ball over, but 4 picks kept them out of the game. Louisville scored 1st after kicking off to start the game and by halftime the score was 21-10 UL. Within a minute of the 2nd quarter, Bridewater took a pistol read option, broke a tackle, and ran 70 yards for the score to go up 28-10. Not too much happened after that, but Fresno did keep the game close before UL added a TD to clinch it later in the 3rd on a long drive.

UL
    Ted Bridgewater (QB)- 13-19 for 227 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 11 carries for 146 yards, TD
    Dominique Brown (HB)- 16 carries for 109 yards, TD
    Michalee Harris (WR)- 5 receptions for 127 yards, 2 TD

FS
    Derek Carr (QB)- 19-35 for 320 yards, TD, 4 INT
    J. Norton (HB)- 11 carries for 35 yards, TD
    J. Harper (WR)- 3 receptions for 90 yards