S2/W7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, May 9, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: Thursday 10 PM EST

Finally played my game and advanced, sorry for the delay fellas.

Kapono
    sawemoff
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    Steamer43
    BPHusker
    Kasper

Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Ball State Cardinals (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Ball State won 67-46 against Central Michigan (1-4).
    This week, the Cardinals will host Eastern Michigan (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Ball State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Nate Long has committed to Michigan
    - (***) RE Kevin Morris has committed to Purdue

=============== Buffalo Bulls (0-4) ===============
    Last week, Buffalo lost 30-13 against Eastern Michigan (3-2).
    This week, the Bulls will host #2 Temple (4-0).

=============== #20 Miami University RedHawks (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Miami University won 45-38 against Wisconsin (2-3).
    This week, the RedHawks travel to Fort Worth to face the TCU Horned Frogs (2-2).

=============== #25 Northern Illinois Huskies (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Northern Illinois won 33-30 against Toledo (3-1).
    This week, the Huskies will host Navy (2-3).

=============== #2 Temple Owls (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Temple won 31-28 against North Carolina (2-2).
    This week, the Owls travel to Buffalo to face the Buffalo Bulls (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Temple targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Andrew Stewart has committed to Pittsburgh
    - (**) FS Sean Brown has committed to Temple

=============== #21 Toledo Rockets (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Toledo lost 33-30 against Northern Illinois (3-1).
    This week, the Rockets will host Ohio (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Toledo targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Tony Nichols has committed to Michigan State
    - (***) ROLB Nick Davis has committed to Cincinnati

=============== #1 Western Michigan Broncos (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 42-17 against Troy (0-3).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Mt. Pleasant to face the Central Michigan Chippewas (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Tommy Richardson has committed to TCU
    - (****) LOLB Michael Smith has committed to TCU
    - (***) LE Desmond Ingram has committed to Illinois

=============== Bowling Green Falcons (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Bowling Green won 17-13 against Oklahoma State (1-2).
    This week, the Falcons will host Kent State (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Bowling Green targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LT Greg Wallace has committed to Arizona

2. fuzzyl0gic

-Cougars- I'm free all day today, when can you play?

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Y
    I will look for you around 2:30 pm.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This is rediculous-- how the fuck do we have the #1 and #2 teams?

smdh-- did every top 25 team lose?

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

In the beginning, yes. Everybody upsetted all the top teams.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Doesn't really matter to me long as the user games would play the same. I'm not sure if that's possible though because I really don't know how the sliders work (as far as if you can change how the CPU plays and keep how the users play the same). It's late in the year and everyones really figured the game out by now, so unless you go against a CPU team that breaks a hell of a lot of tackles, forces you to fumble on a lot of hits, or drop a lot of passes (which does happen a lot on the sliders we have already, granted my guys should drop passes because my wrs are terrible) you should be able to stay close if not win, even against the better teams. It's not realistic for us to have the #1 and #2 team in the nation, hell it's not realistic for us to have 5 teams that are even ranked in our conference, but I'm really not sure what the solution to the problem is.

I look at it more like the point of this dynasty is to win the conference. So user games are all that really matter IMO even though being ranked that high isn't realistic, being the #1 team in the country isn't really the goal in this dynasty. Winning every user game, and the MAC should be the goal.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Agreed Philstyle3005. Maybe next season i will just make the schedules softer so we arent beating all the teams that are higher in the polls to start-- i think thar would help a lot.

9. fuzzyl0gic

Sounds good.

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'd say things that could be chanced that wouldn't make it feel unrealistic is upping CPU pass and run block by 5 points each. Nothing big, but it'll change it a little.

11. fuzzyl0gic

Where are you?

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm back home.

13. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Dysert and Frazier Come Up BIG Late
    This game was a pure barn burner the entire game. Once TCU scored, Miami(OH) would score and vice versa. The back and forth affair ended in a thrilling two point conversion fashion!​
    Miami(OH) would come to Forth Worth to prove that beating Wisconsin at Camp Randall was not a fluke. In years past Coach Saw has always had a hard time against Spread teams and knew this would be a great challenge to come up with a game plan against the Hornfrogs. Talent wise it was about even but speed kills and the Redhawks at some points were purely out matched. In the first quarter RB Erik Finklea set the tone with his smash and pound ground game but the drive quickly stalled out when MLB Tanner Brock took Finklea out of the game for the series. The Redhawks had to settle for the 48 yard FG to take an early 3-0 lead. Well 14 seconds later this happened....​
    After another grinding drive, Miami(OH) stalled out yet again and settled for the 46 yards FG to cut the lead to one. And like last time it didn't take long for RB Ed Wesley to find pay dirt, he only had to go 53 yards this time.​
    The quarter would finish with TCU up 14-6. Trying to fight back in the Redhawks were kept in check by a fierce Hornfrog defense but they were slowly but surely wearing down from the bruising blows from Finklea. Miami(OH)'s defense stepped it up and forced two FGs, 45 and 41 yarders. Finally the long pounding drives paid off as Finklea found the endzone for the very first time as the half came to a close. TCU was up 20-13 with Miami(OH) receiving the ball.​
    TCU would be the first to score in 3rd Quarter. It was a Trio set and the Redhawks were well out of place to defend and as MLB Luke Kelly called an audible it was too late. Three TCU WRs were covered by FS Brison Burris so it was easy pickin's for QB Casey Pachall. He would find a wide open WR Rasheed Mason for the 22 yard score. Now up two possessions Miami(OH) needed to score a TD. They came out firing the ball through the air. Zac Dysert's performance was spot on and he was hitting WRs on the outside, in the middle and in the seams confusing the 4-2-5 defense of TCU. The drive ended with Dysert throwing his second TD of the game.​
    Now is when the action really got intense. Only down by 7 points the Redhawks had to find a way to stop Ed Wesley. He pretty much killed the defense with his speed and when they finally thought they had him cornered, it would be a lethal PA which is hard for anyone to defend when no is in coverage. But they did get the stop they needed. As they crossed the 50 yard line Zac Dysert and his WRing corp were feeling very confident they would tie the game up but disaster struck. The OL could not hold the DL up enough and Dysert suffered a huge loss of yards from a sack on 3rd down. It took them out of FG range and a decision needed to be made. On TCU's 48, with 4:30 left in the game the coaching staff decided to go for it. With the lack of defense Coach Saw thought they would not be able to get the stop they needed to stay in the game. They called one of their trick plays, Four Verticals. The play was perfect in this situation.​
    MLB Tanner Brock vacated the middle giving plenty of room for Dysert to make the pass to WR Willie Culpepper. TCU did not waste any time and QB Pachall ran it in from 3 yards. This game was like a tennis match as the fan's heads kept going back and forth. Finklea would punch it in a second time 2 minutes later to tie the game. The Redhawks knew they left too much time on the clock but they were going to try their best to get their offense the ball back. Plan that could not possible fail..... FAILED miserably. On the second play from the LOS ED Wesley went beastmode. On a screen pass, Wesley blew past everyone and shed one block with ease. The score put them up by 7 and it just took the wind out of Miami(OH)'s sails. Having all three timeouts and a 1:26 left on the clock it was possible to tie the game up. Dysert lived on the outside and with 3 timeouts, pretty much dinked and dunked his way into the endzone. WR David Fraizer would wind up catching the 3 yard TD on a slant route to tie the game up. Now the decision was already made to go for two. There was no way the Redhawks were going to win if they took it to OT so the coaches decided to go for the win. This was the second trick play of the game. I can't remember the name of the play but in the middle one WR did a curl, the other was hot routed to run a drag, and MLB Tanner Brock was told by Zac Dysert to bat the ball down into Frazier's hands. Everything went according to plan and Miami(OH) would steal the victory! Here is the video from this amazing trick play.​
    What an amazing ending to a great game. This road win was huge and will definitely boost morale and confidence. Now their eyes are set on getting revenge on the Temple Owls next week.​
    FINAL SCORE: 42-41
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: QB Zac Dysert- 24/39, 366 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT

14. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Shitty Defenses Reign Supreme - BSU Finally Makes A Play Late To Win

Ball State 38
    Eastern Michigan 35

Two horrible defenses faced off on Saturday in a rainy Cardinals' Stadium. Ball State impressed early intercepting Gillett's pass for a 30 yard TD return. Kovanda added another 3 in the 2nd quarter to go up 10-0. The wheels fell off for the BSU defense on the next Eastern Michigan drive. The Cardinals had 3 opportunities to get a stop on 3rd down... all failed. Gillett hooked up with Nick Olds for a 29 yard TD pass to finally get on the board: 10-7. Eastern Michigan got the ball back and scored again with a 64 yard bomb to Olds again to take the 14-7 lead. Ball State scored with 7 seconds left with a 65 yard pass to Lewis. On the ensuing kickoff, BSU was able to jar the ball loose, but it was picked up by a EMU blocker and he outran the Cardinals' defenders to pull ahead again 21-17.

In the 2nd half, EMU started where they left off and scored a 68 yard run following what Coach BP called "the shittiest display of defense he had ever seen". With a 28-17 lead, Ball State looked to be on the ropes. RB Williams put the team on his back and punched back with a 40 yard TD run to pull within 4 at 28-14. Amazingly, both defenses made stops throughout the rest of the 3rd quarter, but the scoring started piling up again in the 4th. BSU's Williams was leaned on on the first BSU drive of the final quarter, capped by a 20 yard TD run by Williams. For his effort, he was knocked out of the game on the tackle and will be out for 8 weeks. With 6:23 left, BSU took the lead back at 31-28. Eastern Michigan wouldn't stay down and Greene once again ripped through the "slowest most unathletic bunch of pussies that had ever been seen" for a 57 yard TD run bitch slapping the lead away from BSU - 35-31. With Williams out and Edwards not up to par, Wenning took matters into is own hands and drove the team down the field capping off the drive with a 36 yard hooked up TE Mershman to regain the lead 38-35. EMU tried to move down the field, but by some sort of miracle the Ball State defense knocked the ball out of the RB's hands and was able to recover it at the 30. Wenning and clan was able to run out the clock and took knees the rest of the way to run it out.

WTF Stat of the Game: 4 consecutive touchdowns by either team were 64+ yards. (These plays made the Not Top 10 on Sportscenter)

15. fuzzyl0gic

16. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah hopefully we can advance tonight. You and sawemoff are the only user game in week 8.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

fuzzyl0gic I will play after work tomorrow-- though it will probably be a little after the deadline I hope it is ok with everyone.

This is a big recruiting week for me otherwise I would say fuck it..

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Dammit, I had a recap written and it all got deleted so I'm just giving a very quick summary.

Western Michigan 49
    Central Michigan 7

Western Michigan dominated the game from start to finish, going up 28-0 in the 1st quarter behind Carder and 2 defensive touchdowns, then going up 42-0 before the half. The first play of the 2nd half, Tevin Drake took the ball 71 yards untouched after a juke move for a touchdown to give the broncos a 49-0 lead. The Broncos pulled all the starters on offense and defense out for the remainder of the game and didn't even attempt a pass in the 2nd half. Carder ended up with 226 yards and 2 touchdowns, and added 1 rushing touchdown, but is unlikely to approach what he did last season because of Tevin Drake really starting to establish a run game for the Broncos and the because the Broncos are starting to get big leads and have no need to pass the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

i applaud you for taking your foot off the pedal.

20. fuzzyl0gic

COME ON!

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

did you get ny text this morning?

22. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah, I just invited LSUTRUTH to the league and advanced.

[​IMG]

Just kidding, I passed you commish so you can advance when you're done.

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

heh i was going to say ya bastid.. i think im just going to advance it though to not hold us up any more.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

apparently the fynasty wire thinks im on the file on my xbox.. will advance after work because i need to recruit this week..

25. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

#21 Toledo 48
    Ohio 29

At home, Toledo was a huge favorite following the loss to Northern Illinois. The offense looked good but the defense still looked like the defense we saw in the 2nd half vs. NIU. Toledo took a 10-3 lead after 1, but Ohio tied it up early in the 2nd with a 37-yard TD pass. Toledo was put together a scoring drive, but it was only capped with a FG with 4:00 left before halftime. In the last 2:15, Owens found Justin Bellinger on 2 long TD passes, the last with 0:23 left, giving Toledo a 27-17 lead going into the half. Toledo dominated the 2nd half with the biggest play coming off an 80-yard run by Josh Haden the play after an Ohio punt. Ohio scored the next 2 TD's in the 4th, but couldn't get either 2-point conversions, bringing it to 41-29. Toledo added another TD on a pick 6 which put Ohio out of it.

Terrance Owens (QB)- 19-32 for 282 yards, 4 TD, INT, 10 carries for 13 yards
    Josh Haden (HB)- 9 carries for 132 yards, TD, 4 receptions for 7 yards, TD
    Justin Bellinger (WR)- 3 receptions for 95 yards, 2 TD
    Dan Molls (MLB)- 15 tackles, sack, FF

Last edited: May 10, 2012