S2 W8 Bengals vs Chargers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Dec 31, 2012.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Jul 8, 2012

The Bengals came off of their bye week at a abysmal 2-4 and were looking to restart their season with a new mindset. They traveled to rainy San Diego to face off against Danny and the SuperChargers.

The game started out with the Bengals getting the ball first, but it would be the Chargers who would force a fumble, scoop it up, and take it to the house for the games first TD. On the ensuing drive the Bengals refocused after the terrible start and made their way down the field to score capped by a 24 yd TD off of a screen to HB Bernard Scott, and after playing good defense would add a FG on their next drive. The Chargers fired back with a nice drive of their own and a Aaron Hernandez TD from 29 yards out. The turnover terror would continue for Cincy as Dalton threw a terrible pass and was picked by M. Fokou who promptly scampered into the endzone.

The second quarter Andy Dalton didn't let the misfortunes of the previous quarter linger in his mind, as he threw a perfectly timed pass to Adriel Jeremiah Green who used his speed to outrun all the defenders for a 62 yard catch and run. San Diego would have to settle for a FG on their only good drive of the 2nd quarter, which seen the score at the half Bengals 17 Chargers 24.

After the relatively high scoring first half I predicted a basketball score at the end of this one, but both defenses came out READY TO PLAY in the second half. The only points of the 3rd was a 41 yd FG by the Bengals. The fourth quarter seen the Bengals add another FG and another TD on a pass from Dalton to TE Gresham. Up by only 5 after the TD, the Bengals opted to go for the 2 point conversion and were successful to take the lead by 7. The Chargers offense stepped up to the challenge of a late comeback drive as they drove the ball deep into the Bengals territory. HB Ryan Matthews, who up to this point had been having a pretty successful day, fumbled on an outside stretch run and the ball was recovered by the Bengals. The Chargers had to stop the Bengals from getting a first down or the game would be over. Bengals run, STUFFED, timeout Chargers. Bengals run, STUFFED, timeout Chargers. On 3rd and 9 the Bengals needed a first desperately to put the Chargers away. Dalton was poised in the face of pressure and found TE Jermaine Gresham for a gain of around 13 to seal the deal!

BENGALS 31

Players of the Game

A.J. Green - 6 receptions for 150 yards and 1 TD

Bernard Scott - 20 rushing attempts, 98 yards - 4 receptions 66 yards and 1 TD

Great game Danny . I enjoy playing you as much as anyone I've encountered in this league, for the competition, conversation, and ease of scheduling! Good luck with the rest of your season.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Jun 15, 2012
    I really thought I had this one. It was a new years eve birthday breakdown for me.... The only difference that I remembered is that Matthews fumbled with a little over 2 minutes in the fourth with the score Chargers 24, Bengals 23 so we were in control of ending the game with a victory until Matthews fumbles and then you scored the TD and two point conversion. Rivers was then picked off and you finished off the game with that Gresham catch.

GG DU55. I have enjoyed getting to know you this year and talking during the games. Hope you do well the rest of the season.

The Chargers will fight to make the playoffs but things aren't looking good for us at 3-5. We a have a bye week this next week and we will regroup and come out strong the second half of the season to push for a playoff berth.