S2/W8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

2. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Navy Midshipmen (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Navy won 31-27 against Temple (2-3).
    This week, the Midshipmen will host #18 Rutgers (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Navy targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Tony Lawson has committed to Navy

=============== Air Force Falcons (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Air Force won 24-10 against Boise State (2-3).
    This week, the Falcons will host #6 Houston (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Air Force targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) P Pedro McGee has committed to Air Force
    - (***) DT Wade Johnson has committed to Air Force

=============== #21 Louisville Cardinals (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Louisville won 31-21 against Cincinnati (3-4).
    This week, the Cardinals travel to East Hartford to face the Connecticut Huskies (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Louisville targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Mark Matthews has committed to Louisville

=============== San Diego State Aztecs (4-2) ===============
    Last week, San Diego State won 13-10 against SMU (3-3).
    This week, the Aztecs will host Temple (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following San Diego State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE David Moore has committed to Stanford
    - (***) CB Jon Lawrence has committed to San Diego State
    - (***) WR Pierre McCutcheon has committed to San Diego State

=============== #6 Houston Cougars (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Houston won 45-17 against Fresno State (2-3).
    This week, the Cougars travel to Colorado Springs to face the Air Force Falcons (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Houston targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Todd Nealy has committed to Houston
    - (*****) WR Calvin Harris has committed to Florida

=============== Connecticut Huskies (1-5) ===============
    Last week, Connecticut lost 45-17 against UCF (5-2).
    This week, the Huskies will host #21 Louisville (6-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Connecticut targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Vince Thomas has committed to Connecticut
    - (***) HB Chris Gillett has committed to Connecticut
    - (***) K Jonathan Bray has committed to Connecticut

=============== USF Bulls (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Bulls were idle.
    This week, the Bulls travel to Orlando to face the UCF Knights (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Tyler Romero has committed to USF
    - (***) FS Jason Shelby has committed to USF

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Fresno State lost 45-17 against Houston (5-0).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Boise State (2-3).

=============== SMU Mustangs (3-3) ===============
    Last week, SMU lost 13-10 against San Diego State (4-2).
    This week, the Mustangs are idle.

=============== Temple Owls (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Temple lost 31-27 against Navy (4-2).
    This week, the Owls travel to San Diego to face the San Diego State Aztecs (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Temple targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) MLB Tyrone Robinson has committed to Temple
    - (**) SS Paul Beck has committed to Temple
    - (***) ROLB Brandon Page has committed to Maryland
    - (***) CB Blake Williams has committed to Syracuse

=============== #18 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (3-2) ===============
    Last week the Scarlet Knights were idle.
    This week, the Scarlet Knights travel to Annapolis to face the Navy Midshipmen (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Rutgers targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Jermaine Stone has committed to Rutgers
    - (***) DT Cory Gray has committed to Rutgers

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

-Cougars- I think you're Navy. I am good to go anytime tonight. I'll be home from work about 6.

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

aarondramp when is good for you today or tomorrow?

5. aarondramp

I am out of town right now. I am playing a game tonight, so I'm hoping everything will go smoothly with that. If it does, we can play afterwards. How late can you play tonight?

6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Kasper When are you good to go? I should be home from work around 6 central, maybe a little before and can start a game until about 7 central or so. Tomorrow, I'm not sure what my schedule is other than work, so I'd have to give you a more specific time when tomorrow came.

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I can play as late as 1:30 eastern tonight

8. aarondramp

Let's tentatively plan on 11 eastern. If the first game doesn't go well, then I'll let you know, and I can go on AP.

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

7:30 P.M est work?

10. sreese

sreese Walk On

Steamer43 hey man i ll be free most of the night tonight except i have a fantasy draft at 645. Are you free later on? I also have to pick up madden at midnight cst. Let me know what works for you.

11. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

sreese, you play me this week (unless you're not Temple anymore, in which case never mind). I need to get this done ASAP as I'm dealing with the tropical storm coming this way. Text me: 850-209-8299

12. hornfaninbama

Ya that should be fine.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

text me when you're home from work.

14. sreese

sreese Walk On

my bad dj can you play soon ill text

15. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Playing my game now.

16. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

SAMPSON'S KICK GIVES USF EDGE VS UCF

South Florida 20
    Central Florida 17

After the second play from scrimmage, many thought this could turn into an offensive showcase for USF. Unfortunately UCF wasn't going down without a fight. On just the second play of the game, QB Eveld took the read option of the right side for a 67 yard TD run. The fans, even Coach BP didn't know he would ever have a run that long. After a back and forth 1st quarter, USF got on the board again with a 36 yard FG to go up 10-0. USF bounced right back with a scoring drive of their own, capped by a 10 yard TD run by Johnson. At the half USF was up 10-7.

The third quarter was pretty much a defensive showcase, with either team making much headway. UCF was able to get close enough for a FG, but that was it. UCF tied it with a 21 yard FG at 10-10. In the 4th USF was finally able to put a drive together and Lamar Lindsey scored for 2 yards out to take the lead back at 17-10. UCF wouldn't quit and moved the ball down the field in a cheesy manner and it led to a 4 yard TD pass for the score to tie it up at 17-17. USF had 4 minutes to get into field goal range and they slow but surely started moving down the field. The turning point was a 3rd and 5 at the 50 yard line. WR Powell took the handoff from RB Lindsey and was able to get just enough - 7 yards to breathe more life into USF. They pounded the ball, not wanting to risk a bad throw. With 20 seconds left Lindsey got it to the middle of the field and with 4 seconds left Sampson attempted a 49 yarder, that was easily good. USF survived and is now 5-1 on the year, a big turn around from the horrible 2-4 start last season.

17. hornfaninbama

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Houston 22
    Air Force 17

Houston struggled offensively in this one, but still found a way to pull out a win. After going down 3-0 after a David Pilland fumble gave Air Force great field position, David Pilland found Darian Lazard for a touchdown and a 7-3 lead. Air Force would score 14 unanswered though and Houston had a decision to make. David Pilland was 4/7 for 90 yards and a touchdown, but he was no threat to run the ball, letting Air Force play a lot of coverage forcing Pilland to take several sacks. Bram Kohlahausen was called upon and delivered on his first drive, scoring a rushing touchdown from about 6 yards out, to pull within 3 points, 17-14 going into the half. Houston would develop a good drive, but missed an opportunity on third down and was forced to punt, putting the ball at the 2 yard line. Air Force ran a toss play that was blown up in the backfield for a safety, pulling the Cougars within just 1 point. Bram led another great drive and got a field goal from it, putting the Cougars up 2, 19-17. Houston would make another stop, and after a 3rd down sack, they would kick a 56 yarder going against the wind, that would go through with room to spare. Air Force would put together a drive, and get down to a 4th and goal from the 6 yard line. They would decide to go for it and throw their 2nd pick of the game. From the point, Houston, with the ball on their own 4 yard line, would look from Bram to make big plays and he did. Starting the drive off with a 25 yard rush, and completing passes that would eventually get enough first downs to run out the clock and let him take a few knees to end the game. Houston holds on to their undefeated season, but it was far from easy. Houston has back to back tough games as San Diego St. comes into town next week and then they travel to Dallas to face SMU. If Houston pulls out the win against San Diego St., they will be most likely win the division and put themselves in the conference championship game. If they lose, every game from that point will become a must win for them.

19. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Aztecs Rebound From Embarrassing Offensive Performance With Win Over Temple
    Temple ( sreese )- 7
    at
    San Diego St. ( dj illmatic 23 )- 20
    The San Diego St Aztecs, a week removed from one of the worst offensive performances in NCAA history, put together their most impressive showing of the season in defeating the Temple Owls
    20-7. The Owls got off to a quick start, taking the opening kickoff and marcing down the field. However, the Aztecs' defense picked their first of 5 passes on the day to leave Temple empty handed on the drive. SDSU's offense took a little longer to get started. They finally got their feet under them in the second quarter, and opened the quarter with the first score of the day. QB Ryan Dingwell hit WR Larry Clark for a 19 yard TD pass. The Aztecs would not take long to tack on their second TD of the day when Dingwell hit WR Osmand Nicholas from 16 yards out. San Diego St. would march back down the field right before the half, but was forced to settle for a FG and a 17-0 half-time lead.
    The third quarter was an uneventful quarter. Neither team could put any points on the board. The Owls because of turnovers, and the Aztecs because they took their foot of the gas. SDSU tacked on a FG with a little over five minutes to go in the fourth to make the score 20-0. Temple finally got on the board when back-up QB Chris Coyer, who replaced the struggling Kevin Newsome, hit WR Robbie Williams from 53 yards out. The Owls tried to make it a game with a little over a minute to go, but an interception put an end to any thoughts of a comeback. With the win, the Aztecs move to 5-2 and 3-1 in the Big East. SDSU hosts conference leading Houston next week. Temple falls to 2-4 and 1-2 in the Big East. Temple travels to Air Force next week.
    Offensive Player of the Game
    SDSU QB Ryan Dingwell
    9-12/ 141 yards/ 2 TD's
    Defensive Player of the Game
    SDSU FS Rene Siluano
    3 tackles/ 2 interceptions
    Play of the Game

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  20. aarondramp

Kasper

I had to go on AP tonight because I am out of town and can't connect the xbox. I was going to do my recruiting online tonight, but I can't access the dynasty site now. I'll keep trying, but it may be the morning before I can recruit.

21. aarondramp

Kasper

Nevermind. The wire worked on google chrome, so I am ready.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Like I said Phil, your offense is nasty with a guy that can run in there.

23. hornfaninbama

Navy Lets One Slip Away
    Rutgers Wins 29-28
    Annapolis, MD- Navy allowed a close game to slip away in the final minutes. Despite 2 turnovers the Midshipmen were holding a 5 point lead with under a minute to go and had forced Rutgers into a seemingly impossible 4th and 19 conversion to keep their hopes alive.

The Scarlet Knights got out to an early 10-0 lead in the 2nd quarter before Navy closed the gap to 10-7 on a 10 yard run by Trey Miller. Navy left :54 seconds on the clock and allowed Rutgers to get into FG range before shutting them down in the redzone. The Scarlet Knights drives stalling in the redzone was a recurring theme on the day. Navy’s stout redzone D forced Rutgers into FG’s of 23 yards, 35 yards and 29 yards. “Navy was extremely tough once we got close to the endzone. We couldn’t pass down there and they shut the run game down all over the field. So we knew we couldn’t run down there either.”

In the 3rd Navy made their move and took a 21-16 lead into the 4th. The Midshipmen scored on a 9 yard pass from Miller to Matt Aiken to take a small lead at 14-13. After trading possessions Rutgers again stalled in the redzone and were forced into a 29 yard FG to retake the lead at 16-14. Navy was able to score the first of back to back long TD passes on a 51 yard score by Matt Shibata from backup QB Rodney Mosley.

On their 1st drive the Midshipmen hit from 73 yards out on a pass from Miller to CJ George to take a 12 point lead. Rutgers was able to finally have some success against the Navy offense and capped their scoring after that TD. Nova hit Quran Pratt on a short route and the speedster took it all the way to the 1 yard line before being pushed out. Gary Nova scored on a sneak the next play to narrow the gap to a 29-23 lead. Rutgers forced a Navy fumble on the next possession, but failed to take advantage and had to punt the ball away. Rutgers was able to force Navy into a punt on their next possession and took over with a long field in front of them.

Nova hit Coleman on a comeback route that Coleman turned into a long gain to get Rutgers close to midfield. Jamison had a strong 10 yard carry to get the Knights near FG range. Rutgers picked up another 1st down that got them a 1st and 10 from the Navy 14 with under a minute to go. Nova was sacked on second down and threw an incompletion on 3rd and 19 to setup a winner take all 4th and 19. Navy dropped 8 into coverage and Nova had plenty of time to find a hole for Miles Shuler. Nova dropped a pass just over the outstretched arms of a Navy defender into Shulers hands for the go ahead TD. Navy stopped the 2pt try and got the kickoff with less than :30 seconds to go.

Navy picked up a 1st down on the 1st play before Trey Williams threw his second interception of the day and allowed Rutgers to kneel the clock out.

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE GAME:
    Gary Nova: 17-26 332 yards 2 TD 0 interceptions; 11 carries 13 yards 1 TD

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE GAME:
    Cedrick Atkinson: 6 tackles, 2 sacks

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012