S2 W9 Cincinnati vs New England

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Jan 6, 2013.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tom Brady and crew traveled to the Queen City of Cincinnati for a week 9 matchup with the Bengals. The Bengals were highly anticipating this game as it would be the first that included newly acquired running back Maurice Jones-Drew.

The Bengals played good football from beginning to end and Coach DU was very pleased with their performance. The passing game showed up when called upon outside of a few questionable passes from Dalton when he appeared to try to force the ball when there was other options available. The running game for Cincy was the best that it has been in the last two seasons. The upgrade from BJGE and Bernard Scott to MJD is unbelievable. MJD continually fired up the interior of the field and would break a tackle or two for 5-6 yards and on stretch / toss plays he would zoom around the edge for a big gainer. Coach DU made the statement after the game "Give me a full season with this kid and he will shatter every single season record".

The real star of this game was the Bengals defense who accumulated 6 turnovers against the high powered offense of New England. 2 interceptions I recall were in the endzone when the Pats were right on the brink of scoring and getting back into the game. Also I believe 2 fumbles occured for the Pats in bad situations that kept them from mounting a comeback. Patriots HB Chris Johnson is simply a monster. He easily went 100+ on the ground in this game but he had to do it all in bits and pieces, no huge gainers like he is apt to do, so I count that as a win for the Bengals defense.

If the Bengals can continue to play like this and get this kind of performance out of their defense and MJD, then the sky is the limit.

FINAL SCORE
    [​IMG]35
    [​IMG]10

PLAYER OF THE GAME

MAURICE JONES DREW
    [​IMG]
    34 rushing attempts, 164 yards, 2 TDs, average of 4.2

Great game whoozy11

This was our 2nd attempt at playing this game. In the first game it was 21-21 at halftime and we had a desync that ruined a great game that was super close.

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Damn, what a nice immediate payback on this down-to-the-wire trade!

3. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Yeah man, but this is only the beginning. MJD is gonna take TLY by storm.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

He better, because I doubt you can afford anything else after this big ticket purchase :)

5. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Won't argue with you on that point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. whoozy11

whoozy11 Walk On

Frustrating to say the least. You can have all the talent you want on offense and when you turn it over that much, it negates all. Brady has been on a int festival lately. I've had so many red zone int's in the last few games. Not even to mention my DB's dropping int after int.

Good game DU55 and good luck the rest of the way. Still a little mad that our first game d/c. Would have been a lot of good stats for both of us. MJD isn't the fastest, but he can cut pretty hard and keep full speed. Tough to stop.