S2 W9 Packers @ Vikings

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dakota7, Jan 6, 2013.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

[​IMG] 34
    [​IMG] 9

The Packers headed up to Minnesota to take on the defending Super Bowl champs. The Packers played their finest game during coach dakota's tenure and dominated the Vikes on both sides of the ball. QB Aaron Rodgers was on fire right from the start, completing 21/25 for 299 yards and 2 touchdowns. The Packers took the opening kickoff right down the field, mixing up runs and passes, eventually capitalizing on a short Rodgers touchdown pass. The Vikes were forced to punt on a 3 and out and the Pack marched right back down the field, but were held to a field goal. After another Minnesota punt, the Packers chewed up most of the rest of the 2nd quarter and eventually HB James Starks punched in a short touchdown run. The Vikes responded during their 2 minute drill and Tony Romo connected with Emmanuel Sanders for a 58 yard touchdown. The Pack got pretty good field position after the kickoff and was able to complete a quick pass to midfield with only 3 seconds left. Rodgers got the green light and took a shot down the sideline to Jordy Nelson, who hauled in the 56 yard prayer, giving Green Bay a 24-7 halftime lead. The Vikings were shut out on their opening possession and forced to punt. The Pack slowly moved down the field and was able to deliver the knockout blow, as Starks scored his second touchdown of the day. The Vikings were crippled by 9 dropped passes, resulting in Minnesota never converting a third down the entire game. Adrian Peterson was held to only 8 carries for 41 yards. The Packers take on the Raiders next week.

good game JSimms Everything was clicking for me. The drops killed you, if even half of those are completed this is a much different game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

You played a great game, dakota7. I got too frustrated with the drops, and got away from my gameplan (no way should AP only have 8 carries, EVER!) You can bet I'll be ready for the rematch here in a couple of weeks...

• Like Like x 1