S2 Week 1 Atlanta @ Green Bay

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hokie Effect, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Falcons- 45
    Packers- 42

This was an old fashion shootout that resembled a 7v7 more than a hard knocks pigskin game. Atlanta jumped out to an early 21-0 lead thanks to some uncharactoristic int's from Aaron Rodgers. Matt Ryan then disected the Packers D on his way to ~484yds 5 TD, but more impressive was he only threw 1 pick which was a hailmary before halftime. Roddy WHite could not be covered on his way to 300yd receiving ~2TD. Atlanta tried to establish their running game as Michael Turner only gained 33yds on 20 carries. So the weight was on Ryan's shoulders and he continued to prove his effectiveness in the air. With Green Bay down early Aaron Rodgers would match Ryans performance with ~468yds ~4TD, but would run out of time in the end.

I will get the stats and add to this when I get back on the console. GG dakota7 we both need to figure out this thing they call defense. Good luck rest of the year!!

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Good game Hokie Effect Rodgers had 6 touchdowns actually. I think one of those picks was a deflection, kind of sucked. Where were all your picks? Didn't you throw 40 last season? Why were you so perfect against me?? Lol, good luck the rest of the way.

3. Hokie Effect

Yeah can't find a way to pull stats from the web so I was guessing, should have known that all the TD's were in the air, both our ground games sucked. One pick was a tip, but both were in the redzone. If you score those 2 times and put more pressure on me early on we both might have had 1000yds in teh air. I still can't belive how many sideline completitions you had your last drive, my guys were in sand. Oh and how about that bs injury timeout to stop the clock before my last FG :mad:

And I threw 50+ picks last year!!! Yeah I was really suprised about how well I played. I think the White/Jones WR combo itself is cheese. You can't play either one 1v1 and with the limited pass rush you have time to find them open vs zone. I really think its about knowing the pass routes beforehand and reading the D presnap. Last year I would just hike the ball real quick and start slinging the it without any thought.

4. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Crazy!

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

300 yards for Roddy?! Sheeeeeeesh! Looks like I should've drafted all DBs lol.

6. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Crazy game guys. That's nuts that Roddy had over 300 yards.

7. Hokie Effect

And Jones had over 120yds. I really don't run alot of spread formations. Trust me I know it looks bad that WHite had that much action, but I am not going to not throw to him when he is open. I was really hoping to be able to run the ball better, but still can't find a consistent run game. Not sure how some guys are getting 200yds+ which I think is more impressive than the crazy passing numbers. I have a 96ovr RB, oline that is 91-86-82-79-90, an obvious steller passing game for teh D to respect but still struggle running :confused:

8. dakota7

Just in case anyone wants to go down the "how did White get 300 yards" road, let me squash that right now. He caught a variety of routes, there wasn't any particular one abused or anything. He catches everything. And I got ZERO pressure on Ryan, so White had all day to get open. He was unstoppable.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Just wondering - are we getting the right amount of plays on 10 min quarters? Perhaps we should look at 9 instead? I just hope we don't end up with several 7,000 yard passers, which both Rodgers and Ryan are on pace for this season (albeit after one game). This might be something we want to revisit after the first couple of weeks to ensure that we are getting sim statistics.

10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I thought 8 min no run off was fine, but 10 with runoff seems fine to me.

I only threw the ball 12 times and ran it like 25 times and the game was only 50 minutes vs. 1:10 with 8 min no runoffs. Last season, there were a number of 400-600 yard passers as well.

I think this clock setup is fine and actually reduces the amount of plays from last season (which i am not a fan of)

11. dakota7

I think I ran about 50 plays. I threw more than I wanted because I fell behind early.

12. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

That's what I did.:D Hopefully all the DB's I got show up and make plays.

13. Hokie Effect

Already predicting the same type numbers for both of us week 2, anyone want to bet the O/U 92!!

And it will be again who turns it over that loses....