(S2) Week 1 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

(S2) Week 1 Scores

Post your results from week 1 here. Mandatory.

2. Dean

Dean Walk On

Michigan St blows Eastern Michigan out 59-0. Basically it was a scrimmage for us. 3 different QBs got playing time and 2nd team play the whole 2nd half. Larry Caper begins his Heisman campaign with 223 total yards and 3 TDs.

3. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

Nice win Dean!

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

How'd the settings feel Dean? Too easy? It was Eastern...

5. Dean

Dean Walk On

How much of a game could Eastern Michigan really put up? I think they were rated D or lower in offense, defense, and special team. I cant give a fair assessment of the sliders.

6. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Akron 12 Louisville 34

Played all my kids. I have a feeling we won't be reliving last year's run. Not enough talent in the skill positions (especially DBs). D did pretty well but I had to dial up pressure or else Akron's WRs got 10 yards of separation. I do think we will be more balanced this year on O, instead of a more "air raid" style attack that we used last year.

7. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

#24 NC State-35
    UCONN-3

I put my backups in in the fourth quarter. It was actually decently close. I had a pick that I almost took back for a TD right before halftime so I scored on a pass play the next play. In the third quarter I intercepted a pitch for a 89 yard TD or something like that. Take away those two scores and it's 20-3. And they could have scored once or twice.

One big thing is my defensive line is TRASH. Their ratings are bad but Jesus, I could not get any pressure at all. Also, they were throwing the ball all over me. My defense is not going to be very good this year.

The running game felt GREAT. I actually had some holes and some places to maneuver. I loved it. The passing game was pretty good. I went very conservative today since we are breaking in an all new receiving core. My #2 WR now, Howard, could be my next play maker. I like him a lot.

I'm really looking forward to how the season is going to unfold.

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Washington 56
    Ball State 17

Backups entered after the first offense series in the 3rd quarter

9. slim

slim Walk On

baylor 32
    tcu (11) 25

we jumped out to a 24-0 lead on 11th ranked tcu and it looked like we would roll. unfortunately the fumble bug bit us and we turned the ball over 4 times in a row allowing tcu to get to 24-19. i had the ball with 2 minutes left and decided to run an option left. griffin got corralled in the backfield and like an idtiot i thought i could pitch it out. it got picked off and run back for a td and we went down 24-25 after a failed 2 pt conversion. first play after the kickoff i throw a slant that goes 70 plus yards for a td. we hold them once more on defense and come away with a hard fought win. WOW. griffin went for 300 yards through the air and had a couple of nice runs. incredible game for us.

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

nice win slim

11. bdub

bdub Walk On

Arkansas vs Arkansas State

Arkansas 26 Arkansas St 7​

Controlled this one all game and put my 2nd team in halfway through the third. Hopefully can keep this momentum next week when I will face Washington.

12. slim

slim Walk On

dying to find out what happened btw uf and usf. usf is still user right?

13. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

Arizona 35
    Fresno St 28

I unfortunately did not get my backups in as much as I wanted (or nearly as much as most of you did). It could be a long year. I will have defensive issues unless I can figure out a way to get some pressure.