(S2) Week 1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

(S2) Week 1 Summaries

Week #1 Summaries go here. I want to see them. No slacking!

2. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Texas 21, Ohio State 17

The Longhorns go into Columbus and rally from a ten point defecit to maintain their #1 ranking. Texas kept the Buckeyes out of the end zone on four chances inside the ten yard line with under two minutes remaining. Texas running game was very good in controlling the ball in the second half.

3. BAKEdaSNAKE

BAKEdaSNAKE Walk On

Baylor @ Miami

The Bears traveled down to Miami for a battle against the Canes. On the strong running game by the Canes, "Da U" was able to pull out a W in a close one that ultimately needed a couple of defensive stops to preserve the win. Greg Cooper had 92 yards on 11 carries to go along with a TD run, before he was injured mid-way through the 3rd quarter. The Canes defense was able to get to Griffin for 3 sacks in the game.

For the Bears, in Griffins highly anticipated return, they put up a great fight. Griffin went 13-20 for 158 yards and 2 TD's. He wasnt able to show the running game like Bears fans are accustomed to seeing, but after feeling his way out after missing all last season due to a torn ACL, I believe Griffin will ease into it and then turn the jets on when he gets the chance.