S2 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jmustang1968, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Season 2 regular season is live!!

Everyone, start scheduling your games.

Reminders
    • Be responsive and communicate. Some guys are on shaky ground still with this, but I saw improvement at the end of season 1. Lets keep it up.
    • Content. I want more content. Do some draft writeups for your team, game summaries, team previews etc.
    • Keep it sim. Remember our rules and play sim ball.
    Let's have another great season, and good luck!
    Raidernation
    RyanC
    bringbackjimmy
    Jamie
    Capt Crunch
    GMONEY 15
    dj illmatic 23
    BigTyme21
    stryder24
    CTfromDC
    The Richuation
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    DaveIV82
    Snozberriez8198
    Qui3tStorm
    CrackinBacks
    JrRawlins
    KoG CHEESEDIP
    Philstyle3005
    bigrice25
    MS8403
    recchem2000
    DirtSouthDan
    mmorgan184
    wigsplitter
    Troy J.
    iTsIsiah

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Next advance is Thursday night! Don't let me see you guys not posting scheduling threads!

3. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Week 1 ??? What about cuts man ..... Woulda been nice to get a heads up, missing keys guys that aren't in FA or on teams WTF

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

There was a heads up. I posted it in the prior advance this is what was happening.

5. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

ya we did get a heads up

I am so pissed at the CPU right now..........cut my 4th WR Devin Lewis. I really liked that rookie and was looking forward to him becoming my 3rd WR. I looked at all teams and no one signed him. He is not in the FA list. :( he is lost forever

On another note, stayed injury free. That is very nice. Glad my division foe was not so lucky :p

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I lost a key rookie as well. My Rookie FA WR - 74 Overall (99 Jumping, 95 release, 90 Speed) is gone forever. Also, the CB I put on IR is gone. And to top it all off, my Salary Cap is showing -1.5 Billion. So, after meticulously looking after my roster and eliminating wasteful contracts, its all glitched up.

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I am having this same issue:

http://forums.traditionsportsonline...ative-1-3-billion-in-cap-space-the-end.89449/

Man, stuff like this kills me. Not to get off topic, but my FIFA13 career is completely frozen and I cannot advance after playing about 50 games. Now here in Madden Im going to have issues all season if I have injuries or whatnot... and then who knows what my cap looks like for next season. I want to play video games... but EA isn't allowing me to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

It didnt give me a notice I had to cut any players... Maybe my roster was trimmed?

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yeah this sucks... I dont know what to do about it though.

10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I wonder if I retire and you re-add me if it will be fixed? If we try that, are there any ramifications?

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

You lose your coach XP progress. I wouldnt have to re-add you, you just join up on your own

12. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

ya now that you mention it, I didnt get notice to cut players.

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

And I meant, trimmed prior, maybe I just didnt have enough guys for cuts.

14. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

well thats a good point, but if I didnt need to cut players, then why would it? Wonder if EA Sports knows about this glitch and the other ones mentioned. I would also like to know why the players do not even show as free agents. I would love to sign that guy back and cut another player.

15. Raidernation

Posted where ? I got two consecutive texts of advance after 12am. Kinda sucks I lost out on a guy I bid for in FA now I have his cap penalty. Lost a rookie as well 79 catch stats acrossed the board. A kicker replacement aswell.

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/s2-preseason-3.90035/

If you guys don't read my posts and announcements, then I don't know what else to tell you... everyone was tagged

17. Raidernation

Busy day yesterday I assumed an as normal 24hr advance in any event I didn't expect guys to straight up disappear and still keep cap penalties. I'll check the rosters once again to see if guys were picked up but sheesh the final week of the preseason is the most important one, the first should've been simmed.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

It isnt that important. Why keep on extra guys anyway? We already know their ratings, not like much evaluation was going on. I didn't anticipate guys disappearing either.

Only a couple guys were even bothering with their preseason games, so I felt it was in our best interest to get the league headed into tjhe regular season.

19. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

While I did like the WR on my team, he is hardly irreplaceable.

I was one of those that was using the preseason to better my playing skills, I was very weak last season and look forward to being more competitive this year............hopefully

20. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

I found this on another site and they said it worked with no problem

1. please post a picture in this thread that proves you are experiencing the glitch.

The picture must show your MY ACTIONS TAB - with the Negotiate option highlighted. - no crops etc are necessary - This one picture will include the season year the week of the season as well as the glitched cap number for your team (under the picture of the negotiating player)

2. once you have verified that your team is experiencing the glitch, I will have you send me a listing of ALL players on your team that you would like an opportunity to resign

Please include your team name and the players first & last name and their position

3. Master List will be compiled

Once I have all the names and positions I will compile a list of all players. This list will be sorted by last name as well as position. This will make it easy to reference during the off season.

4. The names on this list will be players that are untouchable during the league off season.

DO NOT OFFER CONTRACTS TO THESE PLAYERS. IF YOU DO YOU WILL HAVE TO CUT THE PLAYER SO HE CAN BE SIGNED TO THE TEAM THAT RESERVED HIM. THIS MAY RESULT IN A CAP PENALTY FOR YOUR TEAM.

I REPEAT DO NOT OFFER CONTRACTS TO ANY PLAYERS ON THIS LIST!!!!

5. Glitched coaches will resign their reserved players.

Once the new season begins (after the draft) the glitched owners will have the opportunity to go into free agency and resign ONLY the players that they reserved due to the glitch. If they have enough cap room to resign EVERYONE they reserved, then great!!!! But if they can't then they lose that player (just as they would have in the normal off season). If you resign ANY PLAYERS other than the ones you reserved those players will have to be released back into free agency.

6. Free agency will open for the entire league.

Once the glitched owners have had the opportunity to sign their reserved players, free agency will open for the entire league. And then business resumes as usual.

This solution worked for us without a hitch. It went perfect. Only things I'd like to add are these:

You can't have any CPU teams in the league or it will mess everything up.
    You have to make sure your coaches are aware of the list of untouchable players.
    during free agency since the commissioner decides when to advance to the next week, just have some members of your league (or the coaches themselves) make sure that none of the untouchable players have offers extended to them. (you know who has offers and who offered them because the associated team will have a picture of their helmet beside the player. Make them remove the contract offer BEFORE you advance to the next week...
    in the event that someone signs an untouchable player, they HAVE TO RELEASE or TRADE the player to the team that reserved them. (or maybe some other feasible agreement that they come to... (maybe draft picks?)
    Lastly, assign a deadline where coaches must have their pics to verify they are glitched turned into the league. And then assign a deadline for reserved players to be added to the league. (if a player is NOT on the list, then they can under no circumstances be reserved)

21. Raidernation

I guess I was the only one really evaluating guys, I used preseason as a opportunity to see how they played as opposed to just gawking at their stats and holding on to them and spamming for XP. Besides the kicker and the rookie WR I really wanted, they where all vets on the team last year that where resigned, 6 total, 4 with cap hits. I see your point as the league goes, next season I'll plan accordingly.

22. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I actually had about 75 guys on my roster at the beginning of the preseason. I added the guys to not only see their ratings, but to see their Development Level. I kept as many as the roster cuts allowed so that if anyone was going to get hurt playing special teams or in the 4th quarter of a preseason game, hopefully it would be one of these eventual cuts.

23. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

That might work if the players still exist. My player flat disappeared (unless I can't read which is a possibility :p)

I went through all teams WRs and didnt see my guy, I then went through FA WRs.......which oddly enough there were no rookies in that list.

24. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ouch you did load up... but we couldve made appropriate cuts in week 3... no one commented or complained about the advance to regular season and skipping week 4, so I was under the impression others agreed.

25. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

Ya its a bummer that i missed out on this guy but its ok. The league is still fun and am not going to quit because of this.