S2 Week 12 Miami Dolphins vs Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kidofcrash23, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Aug 17, 2011
    Raiders Move Closer to Division Title with Win against Dolphins 48-28.

The Raiders have now won two in a row after the lost to the Packers and remains in control of the division after the win against the Dolphins. The Dolphins coming off a close loss to the Cowboys and apparently Tannehill having a terrible game with multiple picks picked up where he left off last week.
    The Dolphins did not start off well at all with Tannehill throwing a pick on the first Dolphin drive to rookie Odle. The Raiders took advantage behind McFadden who punched it in for a TD score. On the 2nd drive of the game for the Dolphins, rinse and repeat, a pick by Odle again game the Raiders great field position and McFadden closed it out with another TD run to give the Raiders a 14-0 lead. There was some hope for the Dolphins early on as they responded after falling behind 14-0 to put together a long drive that finished off with a Reggie Bush TD run to make it a competitive game.

The Raiders responded by running McFadden more and eventually broke off a 71 yard TD for his 3rd TD in the 1st half. Mcfadden had one of his most productive games this year with 27 carries and 214 yards and 3 scores. This was reminiscent of games he had last year and this year, Mcfadden has been having a quite decent season. Terrell Pryor had another efficient game connecting with Moore and DHB for TD passes and no pics. With the work of Mcfadden, the Raider defense, and Pryor, the Raiders built up a 27-7 lead at one point which didn’t look good for the Dolphins in the 2nd half.

The Dolphins continued to fight back and got within 13 points with a 27-14 score in the 2nd and actually got the ball back to potentially bring it down to 6. However, the Dolphins relied on Bush who fumbled the ball away caused by McClain who has now 5 FF for the season blew up any chances of a comeback. The Raiders took advantage and put up another score and eventually finished the game with a 48-28 win.

The game came with some casualties on the WR corp for the Raiders. Denarious Moore is out 5 weeks with a broken rib and Jacoby Ford out 3 weeks with a torn labrum. The Raiders picked up Armstrong for some depth and moved up 2nd year players Rod Streater and Jurin Criner.

gg yogibear
    • Like Like x 1
  2. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

Nov 9, 2012
    The score makes the game look a lot closer than it was. I have to admit I felt totally out matched, and as if Kidofcrash23 was toying with me to keep me in the game and not become too frustrated. McFadden was a beast. I just had no answer. It was great playing the game though. Hopefully, next time we play I can better represent the Dolphins. Good Game.