(S2) Week 12 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Cimmy24, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Right. Here.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Giants Win Thriller in Arizona

[​IMG]

24 - 21

The New York Giants went into Arizona knowing their run game could be tough to establish. After bringing in former Nittany Lion and KC Chief, Larry Johnson to help fill the void of losing Bradshaw and Mays, New York was hoping to have at least an attack that could be honored. Arizona shut down the run game, holding LJ to 43 yards on 15 carries and Ware to 13 yards on 2 attempts, but in the end, the run game helped lift New York to the win.​

After falling behind 14-3 in the first half, QB Jason Campbell hooked up with LJ on a screen pass that went 62 yards for the score, pulling NY within 4 points. They would get the ball back and pounded the rock, all the way to the Arizona 4 yard line, where DJ Ware would finish it off giving the Giants their first lead of the game, 17-14. Arizona did not back down as they marched down the field methodically, burning the clock on the way and scoring the go ahead TD on an 8 yard pass from Kolb to Tamme with under 2 minutes left. NY had all 3 time outs, but couldn't convert a first down. They decided to punt and hang their game on the defense to conjure a stop and that is what they did. With 1:26 left, Big Blue forced a punt, getting the ball with just over a minute to play and the ball on their own 30 with no timeouts remaining. Campbell and the Giants offense drove down the field, and with 11 seconds left Campbell found rookie WR Bryan Anthony heading to the endzone and threaded a pass into extremely tight coverage. Anthony came down with the reception from 16 yards out, scoring the go ahead TD that would give New York the win. Arizona had their shot at the end and Kolb overthrew a wide open Fitz that would've tipped the scales the other way. In the end, New York came out on top and await the Dallas Cowboys who visit MetLife Stadium next week in a huge NFC East showdown. GG sdid22

• Like Like x 1
  3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Shitty Roster Gets It Done
    Minnesota defeats Seattle, 13-11.

[​IMG]

The Vikings would travel to Seattle to take on the Seahawks. The Vikings would get a big win and move to 9-2 on the year. Rob Ninkovich was the story on defense as he bull rushed his way into the Seahawk backfield for 6 tackles. Adrian Peterson was completely shut down from the endless blitzing but Christian Ponder was able to capitalize finding Michael Jenkins 4 times for 128 yards and 1 touchdown.

The Vikings will now face off with the Philadelphia Eagles for their 10th win.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

GG CA. I was worried I might win after the blocked punt

5. controllerabuser

You tried to lose?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Playing for draft pick. That's why I didn't call my TOs at the end. I'm just happy I contained Peterson. People have run on my crappy LBs all year.

7. controllerabuser

SMH

Aren't you in 2nd place?

• Like Like x 2
  8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    LOL..at least try to win!

• Like Like x 2
  9. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Jeez Matt.. you root against everything you're a fan of.. are you a masochist? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Rodgers, Owens lead Falcons to Road Victory

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jacquizz Rodgers stepped up and produced after being awarded the starting job from coach Mike Smith.​

Jacksonville -

The Falcons were almost upset victims by the hands of the never say die Jaguars, but somehow they managed to squeak out a W on the road.

Led by the legs of Jacquizz Rodgers offensively (28 att, 138 yards, 1 td) and the defensive production from Chris Owens ( 3 tackles, 1 sack, 1 interception), Atlanta just barely made it out Florida alive.

The Jaguars defense totally shut down WR Roddy White and WR Julio Jones, making the pass game of Atlanta very ineffective. Jacksonville's secondary was exceptional during this contest.

Offensively, the Jags were lead by 2nd year man Blaine Gabbert at QB, who after a rough start finished strong. Gabbert was 7 for 14 going for 88 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 game sealing interception at the end. MJD showed flashes of greatness, but he was unable to do anything subtantial save for a 36 yard run that was stopped at the goaline. He finished with 74 yards on 15 attempts and 1 TD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

LOL...i thought this was obvious after GTG brought up the 2 pass attempts :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Whoa! Didn't even think about it like that! Come on now Matt - I know you get off on losses but lets give a little effort ;)

13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    LOL!

14. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Score.PNG

Titans Win at home verse Division Leader​

Titans have had a bumpy season this year as they are relying more on RB Chris Johnson then ever. With first year starter Jake Locker starting us off and cutting Hasselbeck, Coach showed a lot of confidence in Jake which has backfired at times and he has yet to prove he is the elite QB the Titans are needing. We love the ability of this kid but he is young and makes mistakes. His ability to keep drives moving with his legs are crucial but we are relying on CJ a lot this year. This game was nothing different as CJ got 33 carries which was a concern from coach. Expect to see Ringer more, we need to avoid injuries. Low scoring first half as the score was 6-3 going into half. Titans D is playing huge this year and only holding the Colts to 10 was a huge accomplishment. With this win Titans are now tied for division lead with Colts.​

Stats.PNG

15. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great recap..ive got to get in on this snipping tool