S2 Week 2 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by CWT 3000, Nov 15, 2013.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Post em

2. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Dolphins build off a week 1 win vs the Chiefs.

The Dolphins came into this game on a mission. Build and get better on defense. The defense got better as the game went on last week vs the Chiefs and this week vs the Pats was strong all game. In fact 7 of the Pats 14 came on special teams. That means in the last 4 games the Dolphins Defense has allowed 27 points. Just under a 7 ppg average. The defense which has been the backbone of this Miami team got to watch the Miami Offense come to life scoring 48 points in the win. Ryan Tannehill looked fantastic this week after looking lost last week vs the Chiefs. Tannehill would throw for 293 and 2 TDs on 24 throws completing 19 for 79%. Tim Tebow would get in on the scoring action as well scoring 2 times. 1 time on a fake FG pass from the 1 yard line. Another time he would run it in from 9 yards out on a designed qb run. Lamar Miller looked solid reaching the 100 yard mark for the first time on the season with 115. Mike Wallace would bring 117 yards and 2 Td s to the table as well as Danario Alexander almost reaching the 100 yard mark with 5 for 96. All of those players would be the standout players on the offensive side of the ball. The defense would have a rare occurrence 0 sacks on the day by the vaunted Miami Pass Rush. They would add 3 INT and a FF to their record.

The Pats however are watching their young QB struggle. Ryan Mallett threw for just 106 yards and 3 INT on 14/23 for 60% completion. Stevan Ridley had 86 rush yard on 11 carries however 53 of it came on 1 carry leaving him with 10 for 33 yards a terrible 3.3 yard average. The Pats were unable to force it to Gronk this week as he ended up with 3 for 16 yards. Coach LSUTRUTH had this to say "Shit we held Gronk to 3 catches for 16 yards. He usually gets his vs us 7 or 8 catches for 100+ everytime. Going to have to check out if it was the Game plan working or Mallett not getting him the ball. Either way Ill take it."

GG charter04

Miami 48- New England 14

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

McFadden Leads Raiders to 2-0 Start Against Chiefs

Raiders coming off a big win week 1 against the Vikings, face a divisional rival in the Chiefs in Kansas City. Last season, the Raiders swept the Chiefs, with both games being close and this game was no different. In time time, Charles was able to find big holes against a stout Raider defense rushing for 128 yards on just 13 carries including a big 47 yard TD. The Chiefs jumped out early going up 17-7 at one point in the 1st half behind the passing of Bray and the running of Charles. The Raiders were able to respond with two scoring drives behind the arm and legs of Terrell Pryor who threw for 2 TDs and 221 yards and rushed for another 59 yards. Going into halftime, the score was 24-21 Chiefs with Raiders receiving the ball first.

Start of the 2nd half, it didn't take long as Mcfadden took the very first carry and went 80 yards for a TD to give the Raiders a 28-24 lead early in the 3rd. The Defense then responded picking off a Bray pass and Hayden taking the ball to the 1 yard dline where McFadden punched in his 2nd TD of the game to put the Raiders up 35-24. The Raiders felt confident the game could be slipping away from the Chiefs, but rookie jaylen watkins took the kickoff 106 yards for a TD score to put the chiefs quickly back in the game. After scoring 24 offensive points in the 1st half, the kickoff return was KC's lone score in the 2nd half while the Raiders put up 17. The Chiefs had an opportunity to tie the game late in the 4th inside the redzone, but Bray forced a pass into coverage with Phillips picking the ball off. The Raiders were able to run the clock out with the Chiefs getting once more chance starting at the 16 yard dline, but eventually ran out of the time. The final score was 38-31 heading into a big week 3 matchup against the Dolphins.

4. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Another frustrating day for the Chargers owner. And frustrating is only the beginning. The Chargers could bot avoid the dreaded 0-2 start. Going up against the Viking this week, SD knew they had a tough chore.

After last week, SD knew if they fixed a couple of things on defense, they would have a chance. The game started with SD taking the ball. Everything was great too, with SD moving right down the field, putting together a fantastic opening drive. However, after a sack, the Chargers had settle for a long FG which was wide left. A preview of the frustration to come, no doubt.

Minnesota then got the ball, and it was a heavy dose of AP. Why not right? After doing a ok job against M. Lynch last week, they figured they be up for another fight. This time though, not as much luck. After a scoreless first, Minnesota scored early in the second thanks to the legs of Purple Jesus. All while the SD offense just couldnt do anything right. A couple 3 and outs, let to Minnesota eating more clock and scoring more points. The Chargers held them to FG, and on the KO took it back for their lone TD of the half. Some bad clock management led.to Minnesota getting another FG heading into HT with a 13-7 lead.

Coming out of HT, the Chargers knew they needed some offense. They got a punt out of their defense. The offense led by Johnny football scored in a hurry too. But that, was about all. And that was the last of the positives.

The rest of the game play out in incredibly frustrating fashion. The Chargers knew what Minnesota was going to do. Minnesota made no secrets about it. And the Chargers just could not stop it. 4-3, 4-3 odd, over, under, 4-4 run blitz, run blitz after run blitz, everything except engage 8, nothing worked. Mix in a patent Sam Bradford 6 yard pass to a wide open TE, and the game was over. AP finished with somewhere around 175 on 25+ carries. And the Chargers were best into submission on their way to 0-2.

Frustrated is the word. A decent front 7 had ZERO answers. Johnny Manziel showed again a knack for making some plays, but again there is just no arm strength there when needed. He finished a very disappointing 9-20. No picks, and 30 rushing yards. Also, numerous drops from a good WR corps.

At s time when the offense needed to step up, they fell on their faces. A key 3rd and 2, and Toby Gerhardt gets stopped dead in his tracks for a .5 yard gain. Nothing tells the story quite like that. AP running on 9 man fronts, SD needed 2 yards against 7 and got half a yard.

San Diego might have to reevaluate their expectations for the season. I honestly thought Manziel would have been much better, but his arm strength right now is a real issue. I knew what he was due to scouting, but this is worse than imagined. This year might have to be developmental year for the firecracker QB. We'll just have wait and see what next year brings.

26 -14 Good game JSimms, you played well, and left me and my team incredibly...... frustrated!

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    How much are them arm strength upgrades?

6. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

They are there, nothin crazy but he is only normal development, I at least want quick before i start gettin packages.

7. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Rivers might still be on waiver wire....just saying....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    how does it go...slow, normal, quick, superstar right?

Since his arm strength is low, it shouldn't take many points to get him up there...better get some good games outta him lol

and why u starting TOBY GERHART? lmao

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I thought Armstrengh packages were expensive all the time

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I'm straight on that. I hate his guts. If anything, I'm signing Matt Blanchard again. But its not like I'm giving up on Johnny Football.

Yes, that's how it goes. He is getting points pretty well. Hell be aiight. And I'm rotating backs, Toby is actually good. For real, Tobys problem is my play style. Since you hating on him tho Reece, you'll get s heavy dose Lol!

Some are good, some are bad. Hell be ok. Lol I'll be ok. Johnny will be ok, it's just patience needed on my end. Well get him there. Didn't mean to make it sound like I hated him Lol, just kinda had to vent in my summary.

11. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Bengals Get First Win of the Season

upload_2013-11-16_23-44-25.jpeg
    Bengals squeak away with the victory beating the visiting Texans 25-28. The game seemed in hand by the fourth quarter but the resilient Texans would not go down without a fight. The defense didn't make the stops needed and Houston was able to make this a close game in the final minutes. Dalton had a horrendous first half but made up for it with 3 TD passes. Gio Bernard is still trying to get accustomed to his starting role posting no so hot yards rushing. He did add a different dimension to the passing game. Coach Chandler told reporters after the game that Gio needed to work on ball security as he put it on the ground a few times in this game. That just can't happen Chandler said before he left the podium. Green and Sanu had great game with Mohamed being the beneficiary of two Dalton TD throws. Green had two drops in this game which is uncharcteristic of him. He said he will work on that vigorously in practice. DC Mike Zimmer was a little upset with his safeties' play during the last quarter. He said there will extra practice session for them next week to get them back in line. Coach Chandler said there will be no Monday off for the team as the prepare for their first divsion game on the road against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Notable Stats:

Dalton 270 yards 3 TDs 3 INTs

Green 6 recs 95 yards
    Sanu 5 recs 99 yards 2 TDs
    Dunlap 7 tackles 3 TFL 1 sack

12. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Titans @ NY Jets

Tennessee travels to New Jersey this week to take on a good Jets team.

The Titans received the ball first and scored pretty quickly. On either the first or second play from scrimmage Locker connected with Wright for an early 7-0 lead. The Jets offense would not be out done though, as Geno connected on 3rd down-after 3rd down and moved the Jets methodically down the field to tie the game. BUT on the ensuing kick-off... Maranelli took. it. too. the. house. 14-7 Titans.

The Jets kept plugging away on offense. The Titans 'D' was frustrated and tired. They'd been on the field the entire time except for the one offensive play to start the game, but found themselves up 14-7. Trying to slow the Jets offense, we were calling everything in the playbook. The Jets found paydirt and tied the game up in the early minutes of the 2nd quarter. With the game tied 14-14 the Titans would put together a nice drive that eventually ended with a CJ touchdown run. Most importantly it chewed up some clock and gave the 'D' some rest. 21-14 Titans. The lead was short lived as the Jets once again drove down the field and scored with ease, making it 21-21 all.

The Titans would show poor clock management on the next drive. Maybe it was more a combination of poor play-calling and time mgt. We'd end up punting with plenty of time left for the Jets to drive down (again) and score. Fortunately the Titans defense only gave up a FG. The HALF ENDED 24-21 Jets lead.

The 2nd half was more about defense and plain old will. The Titans were hungry for this win after the coach started off 0-2 against the Jets. The play of the game came in the 4th quarter. Fast Forward>>> 4th Q- Jets are driving and the game is tied up 24-24. Geno has engineered another drive deep into Titans territory. The Titans have been showing different looks and FINALLY from the 5-yard line ROOKIE MLB CJ Mosely picked Geno off in the endzone for a touchback. The Titans would drive and add on a TD from CJ. A nice little scamper to the left for 20 yards. The Titans defense would force the Jets to finally punt. The Titans couldn't do much, but were able to tack on a huge 52 yard FG. No way last years kicker Bironas would have made it. The score late in the 4th now was 34-24. Titans.

Geno would engineer a last minute drive to add a TD, but there wasn't enough time to complete any type of comeback. FINAL 34-31 Titans.

GG Mogriffjr

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Jaguars 24
    Colts 30

Back and forth struggle that saw the Jags mount a ffurious comeback to froce overtime. Andrew Luck took the kickoff in OT and marched down the field, capping a long drive with a short touchdown pass to wr Ryan Swope to win it. Luck finished with over 200 yards passing and 2 touchdowns. Rookie HB Bishop Sankey had 80 yards on the ground and Vic Ballard added 2 touchdowns.
    Good game Butcher Black

14. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Bills Slow Down Manning And Move to 2-0

Both teams coming in were 1-0 and with very similar stats on both sides of the ball through the first week. The Bills knew they would have to raise the level of play they showed in week 1 against the Jets. Going against Manning and his roster full of playmakers, you have to be at the top of your game...and the Bills were.

The Bills received the ball first and EJ Manuel looked sharp from the get go. In the first drive Manuel hit 2nd year WR Robert Woods across the Middle for 10 yards and thr touchdown. After the teams exchanged three and outs, the Broncos got thier only offensive touchdown when Decker ran a quick curl route against soft coverage and ran the ball 54 yards after a missed tackle making the score 7-7.

The next possession the Broncos blitzed Manuel, forcing him to make a quick decision and he didn't see an open TE going across the middle, but he tossed the ball into double coverage where the 6'4" Jordan Matthews was able to go up and catch the ball and run for 80 yards and a touchdown. The Bills then held the Broncos to a three and out and scored again off a 2 yard CJ Spiller TD run making the score 21-7.

With all the momentum and a strong defense, the Bills got lazy and allowed a 109 yard kick return for a touchdown and followed it up with a late FG to make it 21-17 at the half.

The Broncos were held down once again after receiving the ball at half time, where EJ Manuel found the rookie Matthews for a 29 yard pass and another score making the score 28-17. Both teams kicked 2 FG's in the second half to make the final score 34-23 taking the Bills to 2-0 and the Broncos 1-1.

The story of this game would have to be the defense of the Bills and if it wasn't for the one missed tackle, could have had a shutout on defense. Manning also look uncharacteristically inaccurate, missing a few wide open guys in the first few drives. The Broncos have a talented team and a great coach. Look for this team to make a splash this season and off season.

Great Game RobbyB34

15. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Ike - thank you for writing the game summary. I had plans to do so, but you beat me to it!

This game was tight in the 3rd. You went up 14-13, then forced me to punt on my next drive. But like you said, all downhill for the Chargers from there. I forgot to hand AP the football in game 1, and vowed to give him the rock in this one. He rewarded me with hard yards versus a lot of 7/8 man fronts.

I couldn't believe you caught that second TD - double, maybe triple coverage in a crowded end zone. Best of luck to you the rest of this season, which you'll need in that division (toughest in AFC in TLY, in my opinion).