S2 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by marcman777, Apr 30, 2009.

1. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

S2 Week 2

Great game as the LSU Tigers had to make the trip to Maryland. Unfortunately the Tigers came up short as they had trouble stopping the Terps on 3rd down all day. Maryland Wins it 38-31. Holliday was hurt for the whole 2nd half, but Marylands MLB kept him at bay all day anyway.
    I'm not sure if the results were recorded as it said it disconnected once again at the end of the game. So, if thats the case, Commish can just sim Maryland a Win (as long as neither of us suffer injuries during the sim). Good Game Mazzman

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I had an easy game against TCU, but man is it going to be tough to score this year with a downgraded WF offense that wasn't that great last season. This years weak recruiting class doesn't help.

3. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Over an 1:30 after the game, I am still waiting for the EA servers to come back on to report the game.

My goal for the game was to shut down Holliday, of course it helped not having to deal with him for most of the 2nd half. I had a big game from Heyward Bey who I would rely a lot on to get open for some big plays. With about 2 minutes to go I would notice Bey in single coverage and would toss is up for what would be the game winning TD.

GG Marcman

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Oklahoma St defeated UCLA 59-41.

Their huge 230 lb RB tore me up and I'm still getting used to the low tackling slider but my offense was able to make up for it. Junior Dez Bryant made one of the most amazing catches I've ever seen in this game.

It wasn't a game breaking play but he made a one handed grab at the apex of his jump and managed to skim the very tip of his outside toe in bounds for the 1st down and ~40 yard grab. The ridiculous part was I threw it a bit too hard toward the sideline due to the tight safety coverage and the yellow pass icon circle was 3/4 out of bounds and he still came down with it.

5. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Well, after waiting a little over 2 hours, I went to try to get back into the EA servers and my xbox froze while trying to connect.

Final score was 38-31 Maryland, hopefully during sim we don't get any injuries.

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I had that happen before, it sucks.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Georgia Tech vs Mizzou

Georgia Tech was able to take down ranked (auto piloted) Missouri.

On Missouri's first position we picked it off, and took it down to the ten yard line. At that point, the game was completely under control as Tech went on to win 49-42.

Although the secondary got burned for most of Missouri's TDs they were able to come up with 4 INTs. Mizzou's Gabbert (RS Fr) finished the game with 4 TD and 4 INTs.

Georgia Tech is now 1-1 with a user game coming up in week 3.

8. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Wow, 4 pick 6's?!

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

no..my DBs are pretty slow i had two that wouldve been had they been fast enough to out run the half back with a head start lol

10. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

[​IMG]

irginia Tech 52 South Carolina 38

It was alot closer then the score indicated. Tyrod Taylor started off the season with nice afternoon going 12-19 for 319 yards and 3 Touchdowns. Taylor also added an interception.

Although Taylor played a great game today was the day of the newcomers. Freshan Wide receiver Elliot Walker made his Hokie debute one to remember. He finished the with 171 yards and a touchdown on 4 catches. Junior transfer Nick Adams ran for 103 yards on 12 carries. Adams also added two scores. 1 came on a screen pass from Tyrod Taylor. About 40 yards later Adam had his first TD for the Hokies. Senior tight end Greg Boone ended the day with 4 catches for 91 yards and a score.

The loan bright spot for the Hokies defense was Sophmore middle linebacker Barquell Rivers. He finished the day with 11 tackles.

Overall it was a pretty good start to the season for the Virginia Tech Hokies.

HOKIE NATION

11. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

[​IMG]

Virginia Tech 52 South Carolina 38

It was alot closer then the score indicated. Tyrod Taylor started off the season with nice afternoon going 12-19 for 319 yards and 3 Touchdowns. Taylor also added an interception.

Although Taylor played a great game today was the day of the newcomers. Freshan Wide receiver Elliot Walker made his Hokie debute one to remember. He finished the with 171 yards and a touchdown on 4 catches. Junior transfer Nick Adams ran for 103 yards on 12 carries. Adams also added two scores. 1 came on a screen pass from Tyrod Taylor. About 40 yards later Adam had his first TD for the Hokies. Senior tight end Greg Boone ended the day with 4 catches for 91 yards and a score.

The loan bright spot for the Hokies defense was Sophmore middle linebacker Barquell Rivers. He finished with 11 tackles.

Overall it was a pretty good start to the season for the Virginia Tech Hokies.

HOKIE NATION