S2:Week 3: Oakland Raiders vs San Diego

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kidofcrash23, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders go 3-0 in Rematch Against San Diego Chargers 40-7

The Raiders go to San Diego in a wildcard round rematch where the Raiders eliminated the Chargers from the playoffs. This year, some things has changed as the Raiders are now being lead by QB Pryor and for the Chargers, gone is Gates and in is Hernandez at the TE position.

It did not go well fast for the Chargers as Jacoby Ford who is a threat to take a kickoff or punt return back for a TD did so on the opening kickoff and just like that, the Chargers are down 7-0. It did not stop there as the Raiders defense did not let the Chargers run game get established as they were able to contain Ryan Matthews and get pressure on Phillip Rivers. On the offensive side, the Raiders offensive poored onto the Charger defense with McFadden breaking off a big 40 yard Run to put the Raiders up 14-0. With the Charger offense continuing to struggle with their possessions resultling in punts, the Raiders took advantage to poor on another 10 points behind a Seabass FG and a TD catch by Shockey and at the end of the 1st, the score was already 24-0.

The Raiders added another TD with a Pryor pass to DHB to pretty much put the game away as the Charger offense could not move against the Raiders defense. The Chargers were held under 200 yards of offense, sacked 3 times and Rivers throwing 4 Ints. It doesn't help that your running game failed to gain more than 30 yards with Matthews going for 11 yards on 5 carries.

McClain picked off two passes which gives him 3 for the year and probowler DVD with another pick for the 2nd of the Season. Shaugnessy had 3 sacks today giving him 4 for the year and Wheeler adding another sack.

The Raiders now 3-0 with two big divisional wins face the Steelers next week.

FYI, we had to play three seperate games, game DCed before the half with me up 20-7 and decided to start from scratch. The 2nd game chargers were up 14-7 in the redzone in the 2nd quarter, the 3rd game, we were able to finish.

gg Danny

Video below - sucks i can't add music without youtube giving me a copyright notice, anyway around this besides choosing their crappy selection of pre-licensed songs?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

The Raiders have the Chargers number for sure but there were some glimpses of hope for the Chargers particularly in the first and second games. The third game started with an Oakland kick return and the Chargers offense and defense faltered the whole game. Kidofcrash23 has my number but thankfully I get to play other opponents! GG man, it was painful (but cool) to watch the highlights!