(S2) Week 6 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePaw, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

(S2) Week 6 Scores

Post 'em.

2. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

#12 NCSU- 31
    (2-4) Maryland-17

I honestly felt like this was a game I was destined too lose. They absolutely shut down Underwood, but Wilson had a huge day stepping up for us. They were driving down the field in the third to tie the game up at 21 but they fumbled the ball in the redzone. BIG save. We had to punt the ball away, and they were driving again. In the red zone, another fumble. Their redzone fumbles are the only reason we stayed in this game. Their QB was hitting any reciever he wanted to. I'm glad we pulled it out though, as our defense was massively exposed by a terrible Maryland team.

3. titangator

titangator Walk On

The 4-1 Mississippi State Bulldogs travel to Athens, GA to take on the University of Georgia Bulldogs in a SEC game. Miss State looks to improve to 3-1 SEC play and keep pace with unbeaten Ole Miss and unbeaten number 1 Alabama in the SEC west division.

Mississippi State wins the toss and defers, the Georgia return man fumbles the opening kickoff, another Georgia player picks it up, and runs it back for a touchdown, not a good start.

4. titangator

titangator Walk On

BEAUTIFUL 14 play, 80 yard drive answer by Miss State to tie the game at 7... 3:24 left in the 1Q.

5. titangator

titangator Walk On

The Bulldogs of Georgia leads the Bulldogs of Mississippi State 16 to 14 on a safety right before the half expired, Coach Hickerson said at halftime we may see Chris Relf in at quarterback in the secodn half as Tyler Russell is not playing all that well, can State get ANY consistency at quarterback this year?

6. titangator

titangator Walk On

Miss State notches HUGE victory in overtime over Georgia despite "poor" performance.

Athens, Ga - The Mississippi State Bulldogs improved to 5-1 and 3-1 in SEC play with a 35 to 32 double overtime victory Saturday with a win over Gerogia. The Bulldogs won despite a "poor" performance by the team according to Coach Hickerson, "We did not play all that well honesty, we fought, fought very hard, but as far as football plays go, we did not play that well." Despite being pulled for a couple of series, and despite what Hickerson says, Tyler Russell put up some impressive numbers in the victory, going 22 for 38 for 309 yards and 4 touchdowns to only 1 interception. Russell put up these numbers depite being hit on seemingly every play, the Georgia defense pinned their ears back, as once again the Miss State run game was just not there. The longest run of the day, 14 yards, came on a sweep by a wide receiver. The running backs for the State, Montrell Conner and Robert Elliot each had 10 carries, for 14 and 5 yards respectively. "We have to figure something out, I dont know what else to do honestly, its not our running backs I dont think, our O line is just not opening up holes for them to hit, they are doing a great job pass blocking, considering the defense is pinning their ears back, but terrible run blocking, we gotta figure that out if we wanna win in this conference, playing close games every week, if you cant run the ball, you arent going to keep winning, said Hickerson.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty#module=moduleStoryView&story=$a8e3ee6baf30_14526_6A982552&dynid=83238&sku=661A0001&sid=1&wknum=5

^^^^^^^Miss State AT Georgia highlights

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

#8 Stanford traveled to #3 Washington with hope's of upsetting the Huskies. They knocked out m y starting QB, RB and WR for a quarter as well as a starting MLB and De for two quarters. We still pulled it out late.

#3 Washington 42
    #8 Stanford 34

8. slim

slim Walk On

Baylor 21
    Colorado 14

This game was never really in doubt except for the first and last minutes of the game. My second offensive play of the game i ran an option play and my rb decided not to catch the pitch. CU picked it up and ran it back for a TD. I get the ball back on offense and fumble the very next play. We were 30 seconds into the game and i was 20 yards from going down 14-0. Lucky for me my defense stepped up big and delivered a big hit on the qb, jarring the ball loose. We recovered and scored easily. We moved the ball well all game and basically shut down their offense. I was up 21-7 late and they mounted a mini comeback but i had the game in hand.

I'm finally starting to develop some stars: for the second straight game my WR (Jones?) went for over 100 yards and was basically unstoppable. Chadwick, my MLB intercepted 2 passes in zone coverage and also added 6 tackles. he's been a beast the last few games and is a definite difference maker. I got Salubi back from injury but every time he starts running the ball well he gets injured.

9. toobac

toobac Walk On

Kansas State 34
    Kansas 28

KSU returns INT for TD to pull one out at home.

10. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Northwestern 52
    @ Purdue 45

Wild comeback by the Wildcats. This was an exciting game. The wildcats were down 21-7 after 1st, 42-21 at halftime....We could of easily gave up but we didn't. Defense came up big in the 2nd half holding the boilermakers explosive offense to a field goal. Offense was also clutch. Its takes a lot of luck to come back from the Purdue butt-whooping my squad got early in the game. This is huge after losing to Indiana last week. Gasp....

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

My first was a fun one. Minnesota pulls out a big win over rival Wisconsin 20-19. Whoever our rb is eskeringer or whatever had over 100 yards and our defense was clutch. It's what one the game for us!