S2 Week 7 San Diego Chargers vs Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kidofcrash23, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders Bounce Back from Loss and Sweep Season Series with the Chargers

Coming off their first loss last week against the Vikings, the Raiders looked forward to get back on the field against one of their divisional rivals whom they beat in the season opener . The Chargers looked for revenge from the opening day loss and redeem themselves from the early season blowout. Unfortunately for the Chargers, same old story this week as the Raiders were able to control most of the game from the outset.

The Raiders struck first driving down the field leading to a FG score by Janikowski. One key play in that possession was a crucial 3rd down drop by Denarious Moore who has been plagued with continuous drops all year and had another big one later in the game. This is a going concern for the Raiders as they head towards the 1st half mark of the season. With the Chargers holding off the Raiders on their opening drive, they took possession and put themselves more into the hole as Rivers was picked off for the first of his five of the day by newly acquired Akeem Jordan and ran it back for a TD and it was now 10-0. Akeem Jordan was thrown into the starting lineup after losing Wheeler for 4 weeks and made an impact right away.

The nightmare continued throughout the game as the Chargers could not stop turning the ball over and not able to develop scoring drives. The Chargers were able to cut the lead 17-7 at one point, but the Raiders were able to jump on the Chargers thereafter with the score at one point 34-7 behind a big day by McFadden who ran for 170 yards and by Pryor who threw for 2 TDs. The final score was 37-14.

gg Danny

2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

GG Kidofcrash23

nightmare is the right word. You have had my number now for two seasons and my only upside at this point is that I get to play other teams.....If I make the playoffs I know the odds are I will have to face you so I better figure out a game plan and make this rivalry a little more even. Good luck the rest of the year.

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Looks like them Raiders are for real !