S2 Week 9 Oakland Raiders vs Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kidofcrash23, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders Drop 50 Points for Second Week in a Row with 52-21 win Against the Bears

A resurgent Raider team has gone 3-0 now after their 1st loss against the defending superbowl champs. In the two games, the Raiders have scored back to back 50 point games with 58 last week against the Pats and now 52 against the Bears all within the first 3 quarters.

The Raiders didn't wait to start things up with McFadden who has had an average season coming off a big year last year broke off a 56 yard run to put the Raiders up 7-0. Today, McFadden looked like his old self from last year rushing for 192 yards on 19 carries and two scores. With looking like his old self, he also fumbled the ball three times, but luckily, the Raiders recovered all of them. The pouring of points did not stop there as the Raiders defense stopped the Bears possession and Terrell Pryor took over that led to a TD pass to Moore to give the Raiders a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter. The Bears struggled to move the ball in the 1st quarter although going to the no-huddle early on down two TDs, The Raiders took advantage with Pryor hitting Ford with a 65 yard TD pass to put the Raiders up 21-0 in the 1st. The Bears however, quickly responded with a Cutler to Henderson 72 yard pass right before the 1st quarter ends to get the Bears back in it 21-7.

The 2nd quarter was not all too different as the Raiders got some lucky breaks. The Raiders drove all the way to the one yard line and looked to give the ball to McFadden for a one year plunge, unfortunately, he fumbled he ball from the 1, bounced into the endzone and OL bergstrom gets credited for the TD fumble recover, the score is now 28-7. The Bears responded looking effective with the no huddle drove the field with Cutler hitting Forte on a 9 yard pass to put the score back within 14 points. Any hope after that was gone as the Raiders offense and defense took over in the 3rd quarter.

Raiders hit big with a TD pass to DHB for 57 yards and added another 80 yard TD run by McFadden. Pryor had a huge day throwing 11/12 for 331 yards and 4 TDs and 1 pick al in 3 quarters. With the score out of hand in the 3rd, the Raiders went run to drain the clock in the 4th and the Raiders came away with a 52-21 win.

Roland McClain who is not only the front runner for Defensive Player of the Year, but one of the top vote getters for the probowl and MVP for the whole league had another two picks today, a sack, 8 Tackles.

His stats so far this year through 8 games is nothing short of spectacular:

45 Tackles
    9 Picks
    3 Sacks
    4 Force Fumbles
    12 Tackles for Losses
    2 TD INT return TDs

The Raiders need McClain to continue this through the rest of the season if they want to compete for a championship .

gg Jon MK

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Missed opportunities, I have nothing more to say. Losing the turnover battle means loosing the game. Jay cutler continues to struggle finding Brandon Marshall in the red zone. As I coach, I knew that on 3 and inches on my own 30, and jay cutler couldn't convert it that this game was not going to go well. I tried to challenge it but It wasn't available to challenge.

3. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

McClain Looks like a beast. Can't wait to see his final stats.