S2W1: Chargers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]
    San Diego - 17​
    Houston - 24​
    Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX​
    Pretty defensive game throughout but there were some big plays. Rivers started off the game by throwing a pick but the Texans punted it right back shortly after. The Chargers wouldn't do anything with their next drive while Houston drew the first score on their next drive to go up 7-0. It wouldn't take long for SD to drive down and tie the game. The teams traded FGs and ended the half tied at 10 a piece. Houston received the ball first in the second half but did nothing with it. The rest of the 3rd quarter would be nothing but a back and forth match. Houston retook the lead on a quick pass to Walter but again the Chargers found momentum when down and easily tied the game. Houston would control the clock as best as they could, driving down with Foster rushing it in from a yard out to gain the 7 point lead with around 1 minute remaining. Rivers had a tough time with the pressure on the final drive, being sacked twice, fumbling once and throwing an incompletion on 4th down. The Texans just had to sit on the ball to win the game. ​
    GG Danny, tight game that could have gone either way. ​
    Stats​
    M. Schaub - 15/20, 249 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT​
    P. Rivers - 17/23, 192 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT​
    A. Foster - 23 Att, 69 yards, 3.0 ypc, 1 TD​
    R. Mathews - 16 Att, 85 yards, 5.3 ypc​
    A. Johnson - 6 Rec, 109 yards, 1 TD​
    K. Walter - 3 Rec, 40 yards, 1 TD​
    A. Hernandez - 6 Rec, 77 yards, 1 TD​
    T. Woodard - 1 Rec, 24 yards, 1 TD​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

This was a pretty balanced game that was fun to play. Every drive could have been that game winning "drive" and there weren't any points scored on turnovers. I really needed this one especially since I will likely lose the next two division games due to the move unless my cpu controlled chargers can pull off an upset!

I was very happy at how Hernandez fit into the offense. He is quickly moving into one of Rivers' top targets and opens up our offense. He is literately another WR disguised as a TE. Our second round WR found the endzone early on his only catch of the game which was nice to see. And once again our run defense was stout against the best rb in the league. Foster's stat line is bad but it could have been much worse but he finally was able to get something going a little in the fourth.

But in the end Masler got it done. Good game man. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Going over the game film ("in my mind"....can anyone place this quote???) and we are very disappointed with this loss! I lost this game Wednesday and I won't play again until forever! I have been coaching up my CPU players and I think their awareness/play recognition/ball carrier vision skills have a shot at winning..... I think only one cpu team beat a user last season but no one played my cpu team so watch out league!