S2W16 - Bears @ Chargers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Jon MK, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Bears upset Chargers, 33-32 in last minute drive..

There is something special about playing in a whales vagina. The Bears came into San Diego having won once in their last nine games. The defense played extremely tough to start the game, and was the epitome of bend and not break type of defense. Head coach Jon MK says this is not the type of defense his team is supposed to pay but, "a win, is a win, is a win." The Bears and Chargers statistically had nearly identical games, each team had a pick six, 12 first downs and differed by two in total yards. However, the Bers did with the turnover battle.

The game started when the opening drive of the game resulted in a Bears punt, which pinned the Chargers on their own one yard line. Justin Durant came up huge , getting the safety on a blown Ryan Matthews run off tackle. The Bears scored on the safety punt and then a pick six by Mike Jenkins silenced the crowd. The Bears went into run-clock mode and the squad. In the second quarter Matt Forte found the end zone on a toss right for 21 yards. Ryan Matthews was the player of the game, posting 150 yards on 22 carries and 1 TD. The game was close coming into the fourth quarter when the bears were looking for a first down, and Jay Cutler threw a pick six to Takeo Spikes. With minutes to play, the Cahrgers retained possession but the Bears held them out of the end zone, and instead kicked a field goal to put them up by six. The Bears received the ball with 38 seconds left on the clock, and on second and ten, Jay Cutler found Eric Weems on a seam route for a 55 yard TD pass to win the game for the Bears. GG Danny

Bears Player of the Game: Mike Jennings - 2 Int, 1 Int TD
    Chargers Player of the Game: Ryan Matthews - 22 carries, 150 yards, 1 TD

image.jpg

Brian Urlacher's post game comments:

On Mike Jenkins big game: He's been working hard in practice. Coach has been toying with the scheme, and it needed to happen considering how poorly we've played the past several weeks..

On his two sacks: I just needed to make a play, the sack-fumble was great but Major Wright dove the wrong way, I think we would've had the game in hand had we recovered that. The sack before half was huge, I'm glad I got to [Phillip Rivers]. I owe the credit to the d-line though, they played physical and allowed me to run in free both times.

On the Bears offense: They came up big, got us some rest during the game. We had a hard time staying off the field in previous weeks, I think they had the ball for way more than half the game today.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

This loss really stung especially after mounting a pretty substantial comeback. less than 50 seconds and the Bears being out of TO's we thought we had this one in the bag..... squib kicks really suck in Madden and gave you great field position.... and I don't know how Weems got so wide open for that TD but you earned it. GG Jon MK. You were clutch in the first half on 3rd down. I felt like each possession I had you in 3rd and long and then you would come up with a big play. Now we look forward to a good off-season and hopefully and more promising year 3!

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I think the final score was 33-32

4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Oh, I like the Anchor Man reference! I think I heard they are coming out with a sequel!

5. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Me too, I hope it's not one of those crappy sequels they throw together.