S2W17: San Francisco 49ers vs New Orleans Saints

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Boom29, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Niners Victory Rings Hollow
    defeat Saints 34-7

San Francisco avenged last season's post-season loss to New Orleans in convincing fashion 34-7. However, being out of the playoffs, the victory was rendered meaningless.

San Francisco took an early lead on a short Frank Gore TD run, but would see the Saints tie the game on their ensuing possession as Drew Brees drove the Sainst down the field before connecting with Marques Colston who had beaten his man. With the score tied at seven, San Francisco continued to push the ball down the field and this time Kaepernick would keep the ball on a read option to regain the lead. Just when it seemed the game was about to turn into a barn burner, Brees would throw an interception near the end of the half that would allow San Francisco to extend the lead 21-7. Yet, the pivotal point of the game was right before the half as Kaepernick threw his only interception of the night, but was able to track down the Saints DB and prevent him from scoring as time ran out.

The second half was dominated by San Francisco as they began by scoring a touchdown on their opening possession to take a 28-7 lead. New Orleans, on their part, would make uncharacteristic mistakes, in doing so, giving the ball back to the Niners who would proceed to play ball control for the remainder of the game.

CWT 3000, good game. Like I said, wish I would have had this game in the playoffs last year. Your receivers let you down with some drops, otherwise it would have been a back-and-forth game.

Notable Stats
    San Francisco 49ers New Orleans Saints
    QB Colin Kaepernick - 12/17, 175 yards, TD, INT; 5 car, 15 yards, TD QB Drew Brees - 14/25, 106 yards, TD, 3 INT
    HB Frank Gore - 21 car, 84 yards, TD, long 20 HB Darren Sproles - 14 car, 28 yards, long 10
    TE Vernon Davis - 2 rec, 40 yards, TD, long 21 WR Marques Colston - 3 rec, 41 yards, TD, long 21
    DE Aldon Smith - 5 tack, sack DE Will Smith - 3 tack, sack, FF
    FS Donte Whitner - 6 tack, INT MLB Jonathan Vilma - 10 tack

2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

GG for sure. The Saints season was a weird one, as we were Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde all year. Every game seemed lopsided. We either turned it over 6 times or we stole it 6 times. Very fusterating indeed. I truly believe Madden was punishing me this season. The number of TO were crazy after last season not losing a fumble to this years turnover debacle.

3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

How do you create the boxes in the messages like that? Learn me!

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

quote his message and you will see the data.

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Oh geez, that is a lot going on, was hoping you can see the table formatted in the post as you type it up...