S2W2 Atlanta @ New Orleans

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hokie Effect, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Falcons- 44
    Saints- 14

The Falcons are the suprise of the NFL as they have put together consecutive wins against 2 of teh top teams in the league. After a shutout victory of the Packers, Altlanta wanted to stay away from the same type of game against the Saints. The Falcons wanted to slow down the tempo and keep the potent New Orleans offense off the field.

The game started as most anticipated with the Saints marching down the field at ease to go up 7-0. After a 3 and out by the Falcons this looked like another blowout in the making. But New Orleans was hit with the turnover bug. Drew Brees would fumble and Atlanta would capitalize on the short field position. New Orleans would continue to uncharactoristiaclly turn teh ball over and the Falcons took advantage building their lead. Atlanta was able to pace the game with a bruising ground game and effeciant passing attack. The Falcons were able to frustrate the struggling Saints and by the end of the day New Orleans would turn the ball over 6 times.

Ryan 14/22 160yds TD
    Turner 106yds TD
    Rodgers 46yds TD
    White 74yds
    Jones 60yds TD

GG CWT 3000 and I am guessing week 5 has already been circled.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I don't know how this happened. Seriously, when this hit me on Twitter last night I took a double take. I know its early, but are the Falcons for REAL ???

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

If by shutout you mean 42 points........;)

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Damn predictive text....damn you Apple!!

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

*Shootout. I knew I could count on you in proofreading my posts. But I am not changing the original post.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Ya this one ended early. We had momentum the first 5 mins of the game, then all of a sudden it was turnover city. Bress fumbled it in the first for a scoop & score. Then a pick by a defensive linemen to set up the Falcons again. It continued from there on. It was like they knew every play we picked. One of those games. Good luck stopping White and Jones. They haul in everything thrown there way. Got fusterating after a while after Julio continued to beat double coverage and move the chains. I had good coverage, but it didn't matter. At that point we were pretty much beat. The passing attack makes you commit to the pass, and that just opens up lanes for Turner to plow through.