S2W2 Dolphins 45 vs. Jets 38

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by yogibear, Dec 19, 2012.

1. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

The Dolphins vs Jets game is surely a candidate for game of the week, as the two winless teams fought for their first victory of the season.

The first quarter of the game was dominated by the Dolphins, or should I say was dominated by Reggie Bush; who scored on a 2yd run on the opening drive, and later bust out a big 80yd scamper which helped the Dolphins take an early 17-0 lead (Vinateri kicked a 46yd FG).

In the second quarter the Jets found their rhythm, and capped off a long drive with a 12yd touchdown pass from McElroy. Miami answered the Jets scoring drive with one of their own when Tannehill threw a 40yd pass to Williams for a touchdown. Score 24-7 Dolphins. The Jets, refusing to go down quietly, returned the ensuing kickoff 102yds for a touchdown to bring the score to 24-14. Unfortunately, for the Jets, Miami was playing its best game so far this year and scored on a 76yd pitch and catch to the tightend Fleener to end the half Dolphins 31 - Jets 14.

At halftime the coach told his team that he knew the they could perform at this level, and that as long as they continued to eat up clock, and protect the ball, they should easily get the victory. The Coach even started making plans for when he would start pulling out his starters; and then the second half began....

The third quarter was disastrous for the Dolphins as the Jets shut them out. New York scored on its opening drive culminating in a 10yd run by Owens. The Dolphins then threw interceptions deep in their own territory on their first two possessions of the half; which the Jets converted into a field goal and a Jacobs 9yd run to tie the score at 31-31.
    In the fourth quarter the Jets continued their furious comeback to take their first lead of the game on a Jacobs' 1yd TD run with 7:25 left in the game. Fate is a fickle mistress though. The Jets then threw 2 interceptions, one a pick six by MLB Matt Welch which tied the game, and the other leading to a game winning TD pass to Williams. Final Score Miami 45 - New York 38.
    Candidates for player of the game
    Tannehill 11-21 for 272 yds 3TDs
    Bush 21 rushes for 148 yds 2TDs

Fleener 4 Rec. for 151yds 1TD

Welch 1int 1TD

While all of the candidates were instrumental in the Dolphins win, Matt Welch receives the honor because his late game heroics stopped the Dolphins downward spiral towards what would have been a devastating loss after giving up a 17 point lead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

Not sure what happened to the spacing in the last two paragraphs. Good Game Randiesel75.

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

yogibear

This one hurt me really bad. I knew going in it wasn't going to be easy, for 2 reasons.
    1. Reggie Bush - he has eaten me up in every game I have played, such a great weapon in the game
    2. 2 winless teams - As both teams entered the game at 0-3, you knew something had to give and this was surely set for a slugfest
    On the points about, yeah, pretty much what happened. Reggie Bush tore us up early, before I started setting upmy defense against him. The Jets clawed back, but the Dolphins just edged it out when it counted. It was pretty instense when the momentum had swung in my favor in the 2nd half, definitely had me locked into the game
    Looking forward to the rematch. Being 0-4 sucks!

4. yogibear

yogibear Walk On

Me too. Hopefully we'll be making a run for the division then.