S2W2: Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by thecajunnacho78, Dec 10, 2012.

1. thecajunnacho78

thecajunnacho78 Walk On

CHICAGO GET FIRST WIN OF THE YEAR IN UPSET AGAINST PACKERS, 27-20
    [​IMG]
    Chicago, IL - After last weeks thrashing at the hands of the Vikings, the season only looked to get worst as the Green Bay Packers were rolling into town with one of the best offenses in the league lead by former MVP, and State Farm Double Checker, Aaron Rodgers. "They are a great team. You better be ready for a barn burner when you have Aaron Rodgers coming to town," was CB Charles Tillmans two cents worth on the upcoming game. "This is a big game. I mean this is one of the great rivalries in the NFL. You better believe we will be leaving it all out there on the field," said Bears Defensive Captain MLB Brian Urlacher. And leave it out on the field they did.
    The game started as many people expected it too. The Packers drove down the field and got into the redzone eating up half of the first quarter. But this is were the Bears Defense has shown its best stuff, and they didnt disappoint this time either. They held the Packers to a FG to only give the Packers a 3 point lead. And out came the Bears Offense and QB Jay Cutler. "We know that lately we have been the weakest part of the team, but we will change that," was the words of the Bears QB. But talk is cheap, and on the first drive, nothing had seemed to change. The Bears drove down the field and was only able to get 3 points up on the board to tie up the game in the second quarter. Then after a good stand by the Bears Defense, the Bears O did something they havnt done yet this season, SCORED A TD! Thats right folks. A TD pass from QB Jay Cutler to none other then Brandon Marshall. And it was like a weight had been lifted off their sholders. The Packers would score again on a TD pass from Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson to close out the half making it a 10-10 game.
    The second half started about how the first game as a whole went. The Bears failed to gain any yards on the first two plays, then on the third down conversion attempt, Cutler would get sacked and fumble the ball, just to have it scooped up by BJ Raji for a TD for the Packers to give them the lead and seize control of the game, or so it seemed. On the next drive, the Bears started off with a few runs with RB Matt Forte to hopefully get some momentum going their way, but could only get one first down. Then up came another 3rd and long attempt for the Bears. "I knew it was a passing situation. And I knew that I wasnt gonna let Coach down again," said Jay Cutler after the game. And he far from let Coach Smith down, hurling a deep pass to TE Dustin Keller, who had gotten behind the secondary, who then took it 58 yards to the house to tie the game back up 17 all.
    The game continued to progress with both teams starting good drives but never being able to finish the drive, includeing one situation where the Packers had gotten down to the Bears 5 yard line. On the second play from with in the 5, LOLB Justin Durant sacked Rodgers pushing the Packers back to the 10 yard line and forcing a passing situation on 3rd down. On a potential game sealing play, Rodgers passed the ball to TE Finley, but the ball was snatched out of the air by MLB Brian Urlacher and taken to the Packers 45 yard line. The Bears would only be able to get a FG out of the turnover, but the Bears had a 20-17 lead over the Packers late in the forth quarter. But that would prove to not be enough when the Packers drove back down the field again, but were held once again to a FG to push the score back to 20-20.
    After the touchback on the following kickoff, the Bears started on their own 20 yard line with just over 4 mins left in the game. "We knew that it came down to this drive. You could feel it. This drive would determine the game," Coach Smith said after the game. And he was right. On the first play, the Bears gave the ball to Forte on a draw a play that hadnt worked all day. Forte got the ball, hit the hole, made one of the Packer LBs miss on a tackle, and it was off to the races as Forte took the ball into the endzone for a 80 yard TD run to put the Packers down for good.
    The Packers had a chance to come back and tie the game as the final minute ticked away on the clock. QB Aaron Rodgers lead his team down to the 40 yard line with 35 seconds on the clock. Out of the Qbs in this league, I would have to say that Aaron Rodgers is one of the few I would trust to pull my team out of the fire and put us in a place to win the game. This was not one of those times as Rodgers hurled the ball down field and Mike Jenkins snatched the ball out of the air, putting the game away for good and giving the Bears their first win of the season. Coach Smith said this after the game, "It feels great to finally get over the hump and win this year, especially in the fashion that we did it in. We now know we can win in the clutch and play Bears Football the way it should be."
    Overall it was a great game. Easily the best game that Coach Lukas Smith has been apart of as the Head Coach of the Chicago Bears. Will this win give the bears enough momentum to put together a win streak? Or is this a one hit wonder? We will find out next week when the Panthers come to town.
    Players of the Game:
    Chicago Bears
    HB Matt Forte 19 att 113 yrds 1 TD
    MLB Brian Urlacher 3 Tak 2 Ints
    Green Bay Packers
    WR Greg Jennings 8 rec 86 yrds
    ROLB Clay Matthews 5 Tak 2 Sacks
    gg dakota7

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Good game buddy. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. Can't have 'em, can't win with 'em...especially in the red zone. Good luck

3. thecajunnacho78

thecajunnacho78 Walk On

Definitely the most fun I've had on Madden in a while. Cant wait for the rematch at the end of the year.