S2W3: Carolina Panthers at Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by thecajunnacho78, Dec 14, 2012.

1. thecajunnacho78

thecajunnacho78 Walk On

Oct 24, 2012
    Bears Play In Squeak Win Out Against Panthers On The Back Of Forte and Defense.
    Chicago, IL - After an emotional win last week against the rival Packers, the Bears were looking to put their first win streak of the year together by beating the always dangerous Carolina Panthers. And as expected, it was anything but an easy game with the Bears just barely able to squeak out a victory, 40-38.
    Bears RB Matt Forte kept his momentum from last game where he scored what turned out to be the game winning TD by putting up 2 more on his total for the year, his last (once again) putting the game out of reach for the Panthers. "I'm in a groove right now and Coach Smith knows it. As long as he keeps giving me the ball, I'll keep putting points on the board," said the recently resigned RB. But he wasnt the only one who had a good game. QB Jay Cutler was impressive out there making the throws he needed to and only turned the ball over once while putting 2 in the endzone, one to WR Devery Henderson and one to WR Brandon Marshall. And speaking of Henderson, he even took a kick off back for a TD in the second half giving the momentum back to the Bears after Cutler's only pick of the night. Overall I give the Bears offense a A- on the day.
    The Defense, now this is an interesting discussion here. They had their highs like picking Cam Newton off twice, then they had thier lows, giving up 38 points. Brian Urlacher came through big time getting 9 tackles on the day, 3 for a loss. Other stand outs had to be the play of both Tim Jennings, who had 1 INT and 5 tackles on the day, and Major Wright, 2 tackles and 1 INT. But as a whole, it was a disappointing game for the Bears D. I give them a C on the day.
    No matter which way you look at it, when the clock hit zero, it was the Bears who had won the day. Next week the Dallas Cowboys roll into town hoping to end the Bears winning ways.
    Good game Blaza . Good Luck the rest of the year.