S2W4 EAGLES @ BILLS

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by SFRANGER6969, Dec 17, 2012.

1. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

The Eagles went to Buffalo thinking upset against the 3-0 Bills. Philly jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the first thanks to some great defense shutting down the bills offense and the explosive running of McCoy.

In the 2nd qtr the Bills turned it on putting up 24pts thanks to a settled down offense lead by Kurt Warner who hooked up with rookie WR Yarborough on a 63yd td pass with just 7sec left until half. The halftime score was 24-10 bills.

In the 3rd philly got back into the game by putting up 10 unanswered points thanks to a 18yd td pass to celek. At the end of the 3rd the score was 24-20 bills.

Philly kicked a fg with 9:18 to go to make the score 24-23. Warner as he has done all year answered with another long pass to Yarborough for a 43yd td to put the bill ahead by 8 with 8min remaining in the game. Buffalo then got that ball back thanks to a Byrd int which set up a fg to make it 34-23 with just 4min left.

Philly drove the field on a nice no-huddle drive setting up a 3yd td pass to Hall with 2min to go. Philly went for 2 and failed to make it so the score was 34-29. Buffalo got the ball back but philly had all of their timeouts and ended up stopping the clock so the bills got in fg range and kicked the fg to go up 37-29 with 1:52 left in the game. Philly once again drove the field with an impressive drive and Maclin caught a 16yd td pass with 25seconds left. Needing a 2pt conversion to tie the game philly went for it and converted on a short pass right in the middle of the endzone.

With 25 seconds left Buffalo got the ball lead by one of the all time greats. Warner threw to nice passes to get the bills across midfield. Then needing about 5 more yards to get into fg range Warner hit McIntyre for about 8yds to set up the 51yd fg attempt. Lindell drilled the game winning attempt from 51yds to give the bills the win 40-37!!!

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Where is your week-3 game summary?

3. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Did not do one. I had just got home that day from being gone all week so had some things to take care of. If it is required I will try to put one up later

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Good Game man. I hate this Eagles defense. Bad. We couldn't tackle and it seemed like your guys trucked over everyone, even your wideouts. Also had a couple of crucial dropped INT.

5. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Forum Activity

FA.1.0 - Forum/Social Activity Requirement:
    At The Longest Yard, one of our biggest beliefs is its the people who make the league. If we wanted to play nameless or faceless entities we'd just beat the Lobby Room cheesers or stick with playing the computer each week. As a result, we believe social interaction via coaches in the forums is very important to building the strongest league possible and ultimately enhances the enjoyment of the league for all involved.

Because of this, all coaches in The Longest Yard are expected to be active participants in the league forum. You could be the straightest gamer in the world, who shows up on time for each and every game, but if you're ignoring the forums, well, you're not pulling your weight. So if you're not a big forum goer, or don't like discussing your games, this isn't the league for you.

6. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

So what is the rule on game summaries??? I asked if it is required and did not receive any response. Can you please let me know what the requirement is for forum posts??

Do you want a post in here after every game played??

7. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

I posted my question back on dec 18

8. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Every game played should include: A. If you win you write a review of the game. B. if you lose you respond after the winner writes the review with your own take and any addition comments about the game. If your opponent for some reason doesn't write up a formal review after a few days just write a short take on the game tagging your opponent to remind him to write the formal review. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  9. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

okay