S2W4 Panthers at Falcons

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

In the topsy turvy NFC South, the Saints have slowed down, while the Falcons have been full steam ahead this season. In week 4, the winless (0-3) Carolina Panthers took Highway 85 down to Atlanta and came up with a 48-24 win over the rival Falcons. The Panthers, who had lost all 3 games by slim margins, were thirsty for a win and managed to play their best game of the season.

After winning the opening toss and electing to receive, 3rd year man Cam Newton led the Panthers down for a score, completing an 11 yard toss to Steve Smith. The drive was a long one, eating over 6 minutes off the clock. The drained Falcons defense received no favors from the offense, as Matt Ryan fired an interception out on the first play of the series. This would be a theme for the game, as Ryan (whod be playing like an MVP candidate to this point) really struggled. Ryan connected for 3 TDs, but also threw it to the Panthers 5 times, creating a lopsided turnover margin. Newton was efficient, going 15-19 for 197 yards and 3 TDs. Most importantly, Newton and the offense didnt turn the ball over.

It doesnt get easier in week 5 for the Panthers as they host the 4-0 defending AFC Champion Colts.

GG Hokie Effect.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

GG. I hate Cam Newton.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

lol, I thought you were gonna say our D. Usually its atrocious.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Nice way to grab that first win!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

You forgot to mention the pick 6's. The second one was sick when you made that cut back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Where were all those picks week 1??