S2W4

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Here.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Frustrating loss to Vanderbilt as they would not stop throwing to the TE (8 Catches) and their secondary was jumping in front of everything. There was even a route where my receiver was open and glitched back about 10 yards..resulting in a pick. Just felt like one of those games I wasn't going to win from the start. Going to really have to adjust this offense and defense

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Cal 56
    Wazzu 20

The Cougs were without their HC BRUCE80 who was at home battling a case of explosive diarrhea. Cal took it to the home team and cruised to victory. I believe Cal scored a TD on every possession expect for the 1st when they lost a fumble on about the 2nd play of the game. Meanwhile the 1st team D (which is playing surprisingly well this year) held the Cougs to 6 points through 3 quarters (WSU tacked a couple of TDs on the backups in the 4th quarter). New Cal QB Tim Harris once again played brilliantly during his 3 quarters as he completed 92% of his passes, threw 3 TDs, and ran for nearly 80 yards.

Game Balls:
    QB Tim Harris - 253.5, 13/14 (92%), 150 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT - 11 car, 78 yds (7.0 YPC), 2 fumb
    TE Gabe Walters - 5 rec, 67 yds, 2 TD
    WR Bryce Treggs - 4 rec, 41 yds, TD - 2 car, 21 yds (10.5 YPC), TD
    OLB Michael Barton - 8 tkls, TFL, Sk, FR, 65 yd TD

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Sweet jeeeezuz....more like explosive laziness...That's just gross! The Cougars aren't much to look at yet...but I believe in a few more seasons we will be...Our DB's are just terrible, just not very aware yet... I think next seasons team my D will start to shape up more and my O will come around a bit and we will be switching to a more pro style O, we need more ability to run the ball.

Thanks for running it up on us. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. jello1717

Your QB hit us for a few big gains through the air. Strangely enough, a higher % of your running plays were options than mine (but obviously Halliday was far less effective keeping it on the option than my guy and I don't know that he ever made it back to the LOS on his option keepers).

I didn't try to run it up (my backups played the whole 4th quarter) but your D didn't even really slow me down. Then at the end my team forced an extremely rare turnover (was our 1st FF and FR of the season) and I'm definitely not gonna pass up a scoop and score if given the chance.

6. jello1717

Oh yeah BRUCE80. Your team didn't call a SINGLE HB screen play. Against the CPU I usually face a ton of screens, and roughly 95% are stopped for a loss which makes the CPU much easier than they should be.

What PB does your team use (and what conservative settings)? I might consider switching some teams in my offline to yours to try to prevent the tons of automatic losses I see in games.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Air Raid and all settings are default.

8. jello1717

The generic Air Raid book?