S2W6: Bills @ Chargers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Ace847, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

This was a solid game! So solid that I am writing the review at 1 am instead of waiting and forgetting details like some seem to do quite notoriously.

The Bills traveled to San Diego for a huge match-up for both teams. The Bills have been solid this year but lost last week to division rivals Patriots and were hungry for a bounce back win. The Chargers lost last week to the Pack and were also hungry and a little more desperate for a win this week.

The game was defensively stout on both sides of the ball. The Chargers forced a punt on the first Bills possession only to have the Bills force a fumble on Matthews to give them great field position. But the Chargers flexed their defensive muscles and were able to put up a strong defensive stand and hold the Bills to only a FG. The rest of the half was more good defense and an exchange of FG from both teams making it 6-3 Bills lead going into the half.

The second half began with a heart breaking kick return by the Chargers Eddie Royal for a 104 yard return and Coach Ski's first kickoff return in TLY! Buffalo would answer back behind the arm of aging Kurt Warner for a beautiful 44 yard pass to Stevie Johnson making it 13-10 Bills lead. After a quick three and out Warner had the pigskin again but was put in a 3rd and long that ended in a pick six by player of the game Adam Jones making it 13-17 Chargers lead (this is his second player of the game award by the Chargers this year). After another forced punt The chargers regained the ball at the end of the 3rd quarter. They were faced with a 3rd down and medium and second year (and second string) TE L. Green caught an out rout that went the distance (56 yards) making it 13-24 Charger lead.

In the end this lead would be too much for the always battling Bills. After a long time consuming drive ending in a Ryan Matthews TD the Bills would show their resilience by scoring quickly and recovering the onside kick, but the lead was just too great and the time too short for the Bills on this occasion. GG SFRANGER6969 I got lucky on the kick return. And I cant believe I injured both of your RB's! I promise there were no bounties on Jackson and Spiller. Hope they come back soon.

Final score: Bills 20 Chargers: 31

Phillip Rivers: 9/19 136 1 TD 0 Int
    Kurt Warner: 14/29 273 2 TD 1 Int

Ryan Matthews: 21 carries for only 75 yards 1 TD

Bills Defense: 8 tackles for loss and only 1 sack (serious run defense!)

Player of the game: Adam Jones-1 tackle, 1 Int for a 39 yard TD.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

3. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

yes gg both rbs getting hurt took away my running game and you got a few big plays like that kick return

• Like Like x 1