S3 Bowl Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cmassey13, Dec 16, 2012.

1. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]
    ASU Rolls to BCS Championship 34-10 over Iowa
    The Sun Devils of Arizona State celebrated their first BCS Championship by defeating the #2 Iowa Hawkeyes. ASU started out fast with two big touchdowns from DJ Foster and two field goal boots from Alex Garoutte to give them a 20-0 halftime lead. A little over mid-way through the third quarter, QB Mike Bercovici added a 12-yard TD run, to go along with his 2 passing scores, on an option play that gave the Sun Devils a comfortable 27-0 lead. Coach of the year winner Todd Graham was then able to get all his Seniors into the game in the 4th quarter along with several other backups. ​
    There probably couldn't have been a better finale to the college careers of QB Mike Bercovici and HB Luke Roberts. Roberts capped off a second consecutive 1,000 yard season, and Bercovici leaves with the school's career and single-season passing touchdown records. ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

See, I could have done better than the Hawks in this one!! Come on BCS voters!!!! Stupid computers!

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]

The Rose Bowl. The granddaddy of them all. The game featured two undefeated teams who came this close to a National Title berth.

A sea if red and white clad fans filled the Rose Bowl to see the defending National Champion Louisville Cardinals take on the upstart Houston Cougars. This matchup featured two quarterbacks who had tremendous seasons. The Heisman winning Pilland for Houston and the runner up Teddy Bridgewater from Louisville. Teddy and the Cardinals were looking to show Heisman voters definitively who the most outstanding player in the country is. Pilland and the Cougars feasted on CUSA competition racking up over 5,000 passing yards. Teddy Bridgewater, for the second season in a row, led an undefeated Lousiville squad who came up just short of the Iowa Hawkeyes and will not be getting the chance to defend their title in a National Championship rematch with Arizona State.

The game was very tight from the start. Houston, with their fast paced no huddle offense, struck first with a Field Goal. Teddy B struggled early, forcing some throws and throwing two first half picks. It looked like Pilland would confirm his Heisman status.

Louisville's defense however was determined to show Pilland what a good D looks like. They stood up and made life hell for the paper Heisman, with several big sacks in the first half. Houston did get their yards though and got another TD in the first half.

Louisville would come back to score two touchdowns and take a 14-10 lead into the half.

The second half was all Red Birds. Teddy B took over the game and the Cardinal defense continued to plant Pilland in the turf. I attempted to save highlight videos of every sack of Pilland (because fuck that guy), but the game only allows you to save 5 videos and there were 8 total sacks.

In the end, the Rose Bowl turned into a blow out. Heisman voters who cast their vote for Pilland wet themselves when they saw the play of Player of the Game Teddy Bridgewater. Poll Voters and BCS computers cried because they missed the chance to have a rematch of the two best teams in the country in Arizona State and Louisville. Both the National Title and the Rose Bowl suffered because of this. Now the journey for Lousiville and Arizona State continue forward, UL with a new QB at the helm. Only time will tell if these Juggernauts will meet for next years title. One thing is certain. If a defending National Champion goes undefeated the next season, you PUT THEM IN THE TITLE GAME! ASSHOLES!!!

Oh, and due to the pending conference realignment, Houston may end up in the Big East West division (sounds funny doesn't it) and have the chance to be pounded annually by Louisville as payment for their stolen Heisman Trophy. Welcome to the big leagues bitches!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

For sure. I'm happy to have won a crystal ball, but it would have been more fulfilling if it had come against a user. Of course, I would've been pretty ticked if you'd beaten in the NC game two years in a row. ;) Congrats on your Rose Bowl win, looks like we needed one more game this year to have a true NC game.

5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS!

6. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Man, cyhiphopp we had a great game in the other OD and you're a defending champion int his league and beat the current champ? Hopeful I can be competitive in this league!!

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Well I was champ two seasons ago. I went undefeated this last season but ended up just outside the title game. Of course ASU and I Killed our CPU teams so we both ended up undefeated.

8. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

That's shittty!!!! Woulda been a great rematch apparently.