Archived (S3) Coppa Knockout Stage

Discussion in 'TSL Cup' started by Broncos218, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Please schedule matches here​

OPEN: Saturday, November 12 @ 9 am ET​
    CLOSE: Saturday, November 19 @ midnight PT​

IMPORTANT REMINDERS: Home team listed first. For knockout stage matches, use the following scheduling procedure so that the Extra Time/Penalties option can be selected post-game in the event of a draw:​
    Online Modes > Custom Games > Match Lobbies > (Meet your opponent in a match lobby)​
    -Half Length = 10 Mins​
    -Controls = Semi-Assisted​
    -Game Speed = Normal​
    Squads are automatically set to Custom and should have your pre-set lineups.​
    Do NOT use Online Friendlies to invite an opponent to a match, as that mode does not allow ET/pens.

SUSPENSIONS:​
    (none)

Aston Villa ~ Parma​
    FC Koln ~ VfB Stuttgart​
    Stade Rennes ~ Everton​
    Sao Paulo ~ Sunderland​
    Werder Bremen ~ Udinese​
    Spartak Moscow ~ FC Schalke 04​
    Athletic Club ~ Galatasaray​
    Wolverhampton ~ Corinthians​

2. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Please post match results here​

OPEN: Saturday, November 12 @ 9 am ET​
    CLOSE: Saturday, November 19 @ midnight PT​

IMPORTANT REMINDERS: Home team listed first. For knockout stage matches, use the following scheduling procedure so that the Extra Time/Penalties option can be selected post-game in the event of a draw:​
    Online Modes > Custom Games > Match Lobbies > (Meet your opponent in a match lobby)​
    -Half Length = 10 Mins​
    -Controls = Semi-Assisted​
    -Game Speed = Normal​
    Squads are automatically set to Custom and should have your pre-set lineups.​
    Do NOT use Online Friendlies to invite an opponent to a match, as that mode does not allow ET/pens.

SUSPENSIONS:​
    (none)

Aston Villa 4-1 Parma
    FC Koln 3-1 VfB Stuttgart
    Stade Rennes 2-1 Everton
    Sao Paulo 2-0 Sunderland
    Werder Bremen 0-0 (3-0 PEN) Udinese
    Spartak Moscow 1-2 FC Schalke 04
    Athletic Club 2-1 Galatasaray
    Wolverhampton 3-2 Corinthians

3. rschwep

rschwep Always Rebuilding

Featured Threads:
    Frenchie1916

We meet again. Best time for me is tonight or tomorrow daytime. Your thoughts?

4. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Friz
    Turns out I will be in town all this week, so I can do today after the oregon/stanford game, Mon-Tue after 6pm PT, Wed from noon-5pm PT, Thu-Fri after 6pm PT. Feel free to set a gametime, otherwise I'll look for you on here & psn

5. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

6. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I could do either Monday or Tuesday, Monday after 10:30ET/7:30 PT, Tuesday any time. I should be on Monday between 1030-11/730-8pt, I'll look for you then if that works for you

7. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

cool, either night works. I guess I'll just be on the lookout then

8. rschwep

Featured Threads:
    Frenchie1916

Any chance we can get our game in today? Best time of the week for me by far..

9. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

available evenings after 9pm est

10. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

aight. lets shoot for tuesday around 930?

11. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Sorry, didn't see this until today. I had a hockey game yesterday and then dinner plans... I have another hockey game tomorrow night but am otherwise available for my scheduled ass-kicking any night this week.

12. rschwep

Featured Threads:
    hah don't say that I've been playing terribly lately. But sounds good. I should be able to do any night this week as well. Just let me know what works best

13. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

FYI guys, me and shiftee played our game thought "online > custom games > match lobbies > head to head lobby" and we set up though there, im pretty sure we did it wrong as it ended up showing up the stats in the "Friendly season" menu but luckily the game was decided in regulation.

14. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

IF YOUR OFFLINE ROSTER IS AUTOMATICALLY LOADED WHEN YOU SET UP ROUND OF 16 GAMES, YOU HAVE DONE IT WRONG. fyi. Quit and try to find a different way to invite them.

15. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Spartak Moscow vs Shalke 04 (BigOx99)

Match Facts:

1 Goals 2

21 Shots 8

16 SOT 3

51% Poss 49%

20 Tackles 27

2Fouls 1

0 :yellowcard:0

0 :redcard:0

0 Offside 0

4 Corners 4

Match Events:
    11' Jurado assisted by Fuchs
    50' Raul assisted by Farfan
    73' Dzyuba
    :trophy:GK Ralf Fahrmann 9.9
    Despite get 3x the shots, moscow let one slip by them in the Coppa. In what was manager ox's signature win of his serie career, he took the bottom dwelling Schalke team that only made it out of group play by a tiebreaker, had them focused, and knocked out the invincible defending champs in the first round of elimination. Both goals game on headers and all good shot attempts by Schalke seemed to begin with a cross attempt. Late in the match, FC Schalke collapsed into 5-4-1 defense and it almost cost them as Moscow almost put together a couple goals in the final minutes. Great game Shiftee, shame my first win vs you was in a knockout stage. GL the rest of the season and see you next year.​

16. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

The one time I tried this method, it worked fine for me. I'll look more into it later today when I have a chance. If anyone else runs into this problem, listen to bigox... if your rosters are on custom, something is most likely wrong.

17. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

DrunkenSoldier

I can play tonight too if you wanna get it out of the way. I know you got a HK game with forever, so just lemme know when you are free.

18. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm on now if you're free, should be around for the next couple hours

19. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Round of 16

(Broncos218) Werder Bremen 0 - 0 (3-0 PEN) Udinese (Friz)

[​IMG]
    Tim Wiese's dominating performance has put Werder Bremen into the Quarterfinals

Match Facts:​
    0 Goals 0
    7 Shots 14
    1 SOT 4
    50% Possession 50%
    28 Tackles 17
    2 Fouls 0
    0 :yellowcard:0
    0 :redcard:0
    1 Offsides 1
    0 Corners 3

Werder Bremen:
    :goal: (PEN) Borowski
    :goal: (PEN) Pizarro​
    :goal: (PEN) Marin​
    CS: Wiese

Udinese:
    [​IMG] (PEN) Barreto​
    [​IMG] (PEN) Floro Flores​
    [​IMG] (PEN) Doubai​
    CS: Handanovic​

Penalties Only Way To Decide Defensive Battle; Wiese Saves 3/3
    In the Round of 16, both Werder Bremen and Udinese came into the match looking to lock up the game on defense. But with no goals from either side, the game would have to be decided somehow. Each team had their share of opportunites throughout the match, but no one was able to find the back of the net. Goalkeepers Tim Wiese for Werder Bremen and Samir Handanovic for Udinese each dominated the opposition, and the two eventually forced a goalless two hours into penalties. Borowski started off the penalties for Werder Bremen, giving Bremen the 1-0 lead. Barreto was first for Udinese, and Wiese stopped the shot, giving Bremen the early advantage. Another goal for Bremen courtesy of leading goal-scorer Claudio Pizarro made it 2-0, and another Tim Wiese save, this time on Floro Flores' shot, gave the German side a huge advantage. Up 3-0 after Marko Marin's penalty was successful, it was all up to Udinese's sub Doubai. Wiese once again read the penalty-taker, saving all 3 penalty attempts and putting Bremen into the next round. The clean sheet gave Wiese his third straight in the Coppa, with his only goal allowed coming in the team's first group stage match. With FC Schalke 04 stunning Spartak Moscow, Werder Bremen will now play in an all-German match to decide who will advance into the semis.

gg Friz, great defensive battle and intense PKs to cap it off
    (and in case you guys want to use that missed pen icon, just look up a game that went into penalties (like 2008 champs lg final) on wikipedia and copy the pic)

20. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

I tested it out w/ Friz, and we found that by following this method, it will allow the ET/pens option postgame. Additionally, squads are automatically set to CUSTOM when choosing this mode. Therefore, you will not have to edit your rosters quickly pre-match.

21. Frenchie1916

Tomorrow (Wednesday) night would probably be best. hockey tonight and then a date with the wife on Thursday, so either tomorrow or Friday.

22. rschwep

Featured Threads:
    Wednesday night works perfectly. What time were you thinking?

23. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Knocked out without giving up a goal...worst way to go. Either I have awful guessing luck or you know something about penalties that I don't, but I went the wrong way every time, you went the right way, and in the end I didn't have a chance in the shootout. Great game though and good luck

24. Frenchie1916

Let's say 10:00 just to be safe?

25. rschwep

Featured Threads:
    10 works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.