(S3) Serie A MVP Race #1

Discussion in 'TSL A' started by RedAL925, Nov 4, 2011.

?

Who is your Serie A MVP?

1. D. Bent (Aston Villa)

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Welliton (Spartak Moscow)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Y. Hadji (Stade Rennes)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. E. Eminike (Spartak Moscow)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Other (please specify below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Halfway through the TFS A Season, who is your MVP?

Darren Bent (Aston Villa) - 9 goals, 4 assists
    The English talisman has been the main scoring threat for the Villians this season. Tacking on 4 assists only helps his case for TFS A MVP.

Welliton (Spartak Moscow) - 9 goals, 3 assists
    It wouldn't be an MVP race with at least one player from shiftee 's team. Welliton has spearheaded the attack for Spartak this season, but he's had some help.

Y. Hadji (Stade Rennes) - 7 goals, 4 assists
    Stade Rennes have managed a respectable start to the TFS A season, sitting 4th in the table, and this man has done it all for the French club.

E. Eminike (Spartak Moscow) - 7 goals, 5 assists
    Spartak's second striker has turned provider, with 5 assists on the season to go along with his impressive scoring record.

2. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Nice idea with this Al.

Had to go with Welliton, not to be a homer but because ever since I settled back into a 4-4-2 with him and Eminike as the 1-2 punch, it's been paying off for the most part. Almost reminding me of a poor mans Doumbia/Vagner Love combo of last season lol I had Welliton playing as the left winger/striker in various 4-3-3 formations for the first quarter of the season and it hurt his numbers, he needs to be directly involved in a finishers role rather than helping out with setting up goals.

All 4 players have done really well so far stats-wise but also other players who don't get all the attention, like defenders and goalkeepers, could be included as well.

Well actually there's an idea, maybe we have individual awards for goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, forwards, and overall MVP (y)

Keepers are pretty easy to figure out as far as what to consider when nominating them (clean sheets) but not so sure what we could do to rank defenders and midfielders. Any ideas?

If you want we can make this into a discussion in it's own thread, I don't want to hijack the purpose of this one :)

3. RedAL925

Go for it. If ratings worked correctly we'd be all set, but for now we just have to go with what we have, goals and assists.

4. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

we could "make" ratings work by using the home team's rating screen. the home team can post the top rating for both teams best defender, midfielder, attacker (or stick to goals/assists for attackers) as well as keeper. and since we are at the midway point of the season, it would be a perfect time to implement it.

5. RedAL925

I still don't think ratings work though. I have NEVER had a 10.0 rating in any FIFA on any game mode. I barely see 7s

6. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

a lot of players from both teams in my league games so far have had 7+. my keeper has had a 10.00 rating on a few occasions too. maybe the home team or winning team's player rating screen is accurate. we could use the home or winning team rating screen as the "official" one.

7. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

maybe don't even put much emphasis on the actual rating. For example, RedAL/shiftee may have a 10 and a 7 for the same guy, but on most occasions, I'd bet the players who played well will receive close to the highest score for each. So for example, rather than worrying about a defender's rating, just have the top defender. plus that way, we can kinda see who has the most Defensive motm's. I'd like to see the game's fwd/mid/def motm's, but i'm not sure if everyone is on board or not w/ posting that each time

8. juanchoCT14

juanchoCT14 Walk On

why dont we just have a vote at the end of the season? each team can pick 2 (or 1) fwds, mids, defenders, goalies that are NOT on their team and nominate them...they should be nominated based on stats (goals, assists and clean sheets) AND on how they played against you..so for example, i couldnt stop a certain player or couldnt get by a player all game long or the goalie made some fantastic saves, etc. - then i'll prob nominate those players...once the nominations are in we can all vote..i dunno, i just think that we the ratings being so weird and having everyone write down the ratings would be tough...just a thought

9. RedAL925

I like this, but I think I'd rather people nominate x number of players from their OWN team. No one is going to know your team better than you, and I'd hope we're all sim enough to be honest about it. The problem with that is, how do you assess who is MOST valuable from testimonies from, essentially, homers.

We've got a couple weeks to figure it out, I hope we can figure a way to integrate MVPs into the league

10. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I voted for Bent since he is in the lead for the golden boot award. However, El Hamdaoui has brought a finishing touch that has been missing since I've joined the league. I fully credit him for bringing my team from the ashes of relegation to the middle of the league table. A strong 2nd half and you have to include him in the league MVP talk even though winning the league is out the question.

11. kaptainkracker1

kaptainkracker1 Walk On

Bobby Zamora is starting to make a midseason push for MVP consideration. He now has 8 goals (2 GWG) and 2 assists. Next best on the club is Bryan Ruiz with 4 goals and 2 assists. Guess it depends on how you read Most "Valuable" Player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.