(S3) State of the TFS

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Fellow TFS Managers,

Congratulations and thank you! Season 3 of the TFS was far and away our best season to date. TFS A completed every game in the schedule (well done), while TFS B and TFS C left only a handful of games unplayed. We've also managed to retain 27 of our 32 managers, with replacements lined up and ready to go. For the most part we had no problems with game play, proving that both old and new managers are adapting to the sim style of play in the TFS. In addition, both league-wide and team-specific content continues to grow and improve, as new ideas (including the new TFS MVP award) pop up almost weekly.

Some of the other highlights of Season 3 include:
    • An incredible race for the TFS A crown, that shiftee pulled out over Zikry for his second consecutive league title.
    • An even more incredible race for promotion in TFS B, with 5 teams at one point in the hunt, it was Friz and mustang20241 who earned the right to compete with the cream of the crop.
    • StevenRhysCann and rschwep move into TFS B after clinching promotion from TFS C. Both teams took advantage of the "it's anyone's guess" nature of TFS C to progress up the league ladder.
    • The TFS Coppa was a raging success, thanks in large part to the hard work of Broncos218 , who managed to win the whole shebang after ousting Zikry in the final.
    After the holiday season we will kick off our 4th season of FIFA. We will introduce 5 new managers to the TFS C race: Yak61 vipermansa ezio (welcome back!) Loaf31 and hokie79 . Good luck to you all!

There will be no major changes to the league this season. The league structure remains the same, as will promotion/relegation spots. The TFS Coppa will return in Season 4 as well.

I thank you all for your dedication and activity in Season 3, and hope to see it continue to grow in Season 4. I would also like to personally thank Zikry and Friz for their hard work managing TFS B and C, respectively. They are a big part of why our little microcosm runs so smoothly.

If you have anything you'd like to add, be it new ideas, constructive criticism, etc. please feel free to post it here, or send a PM to the management team.

Thank you again, and I look forward to competing with you all in Season 4!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
    • Like Like x 7
  2. RedAL925

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

GJ guys, thank you board for all ur hard work.

4. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i'd like to take this time to remind everyone if anyone is looking for games to play during the offseason I'm running the Rec League for non-league related friendlies, and the world cup for anyone in that with Broncos218 ... personally I'm not going to be around a PS3 until around new years, but there are usually people willing to play games at all times of day.

Season 3 was a great success and I'm looking forward to season 4 with all of you, good luck across the board. looking forward to league games, rec games, and friendlies with all of you in 2012

5. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

@RedAL925 Zikry Friz
    Big thanks to you guys for all the hard work. It does not go unnoticed. Great way to end my hectic weeks is playing an organized game of FIFA thanks to all the time spent by you guys organizing it.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Sorry I have been MIA lately, haven't had a computer for the past two weeks or so and have had a lot going on, but I am going to try to keep up as much as possible and once I get back to State College for the Spring semester (January 8th) I'll be back full time.

Glad to see how this last season progressed and how efficiently we are moving on to the next season. Looking forward to taking the Serie B crown.

7. Nickaepi

Nickaepi Walk On

Awesome group of guys we have here. Looking forward to next season. Hoping old man Roberto Carlos buys everyone to come and play in Russia with eto'o and the boys at anzhi:).

8. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

He is not the boss , they just hired a new manager!!!

9. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

yeah and I am hoping Stoke signs Kaka or anyone with speed to play LB/RB... a kid's gotta dream for what Stoke can get for a Euro or two :)

10. Nickaepi

Nickaepi Walk On

I thought he had part ownership in the team or something like that. Or he had some sort of input on club decisions.

I don't keep up with Russian football much in real-life. I should know by now that you are the go-to-guy on things like this. :)

11. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Haha no ownership, They had let go their manager, so he was a player/manager. He might own a team in Brazil in 3rd division though :)

12. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Wasn't sure where else to post this where everyone would see it.....

Club Football!!! Who's with me?

Lets resurrect the team, those damn Xbox'ers got me jealous, with there club posts and all. I just like being part of a team and we got the numbers.

My pro aint great but that's easily fixable, if only I had some kinda reward for fixing it....Like a Club Team!!!!!

13. kaptainkracker1

kaptainkracker1 Walk On

I'd probably be in. I haven't played with my current club in a couple of months.

14. RedAL925

I know BigSmooth33 wants to get going with clubs, lets move this conversation to the clubs forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.