(S3) Team Schedules-Closed

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

This coming season the factors to consider in setting up each teams schedule;
    Total length of season: 15 weeks, 3 bye weeks. Last season we all had a game 1 bye, this limited flexibilty in building the schedule so this season there will be teams with a opening game.

Number of conference games/HM/@. Each of the conferences we are in have a different number;

SEC -7
    Big Ten-8
    PAC 12-9

Conference games are locked in by the game, can not be moved, nor can home or away be changed.

So the total number of H/@ games needs to balanced thru non conference games.

User games: Built in user games by conf.
    SEC: 2
    Big Ten: 1
    PAC 12: 1

The goal this season is to have each user play a minimum of 3 user games. This should be easier to focus on as last season we had 4 conferences.

Please post the following info;
    Desired # of user games
    Non conference teams you would like to play. No FCS teams. Team overall schedule strength must be "A"
    Any other thoughts.

Thanks
    Tug

This is the worksheet I am using to build the schedule once we advance to Pre season...my plan is to take more time on the schedule, update a draft of the schedule for comment.

2. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

I would like to request a game against UAB. I know it is not a big team, but A.J. McCarron transferred there after the first season in this league after the qb battle to Sims. I would just like to play him with his new team. You could schedule whoever you need to to get my strength of schedule up to an A. Or just not put UAB on the schedule. I don't feel particularly strongly.

3. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Should not be a problem...."A" schedule is not hard to maintain

4. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Custom schedules are set up...plz review.......some notes;

Both in the PAC 12 and BIG Ten....no conf. user games...also the number of conference games was 8 for USC, 6 for UW...while in the Big Ten NW has 8, Wisc 6...

So with the SEC having 2 built in user games again....user games not as easy to schedule

Remember than conference games are locked, can not be moved, nor can the H/A be changed.....NW has 4 away conference games in a row...

Plz post that you have reviewed the schedule

LeatherHelmets
    Fred Limbo
    Andrew
    calirage
    HAL9100
    Shnoogans10
    voltool16

5. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Are these official/set or can changes be made? Reason that I ask is that I hosted UW in the 2011 season and played at Auburn in the 2012 season. I would switch the location for those so that I play at UW and host Auburn. I'm not sure how that affects UW and Auburn's H/A balance though.

6. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Open to change, within reason......for Wisc: its a wash.....for Auburn and UW would have to change another non conf game to balane the H/A...so UW would go to BSU and Auburn would have MIA home...

Once I get all the comments/changes desired....will see how it fits together, works out....

7. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Okay, sounds good.

Also, I just logged into the OD site and my default schedule before changes for 2013 shows 8 conference games. I'm unsure what's causing that to change when you edit the schedule.

8. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

What we see on the web od is different than what is seen when opening up custom schedules....as to conference games, even in custom schedules I can not change, they are locked....also in pre season stage, custom schedules are drafts...they do not become final until we move to regular season...then they should be reflected in the web od...

9. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Right, but the conference games that I do have with the custom schedule match what's listed on the OD site. It's just weird that it would drop my Week 6 game against Michigan and Week 9 game against Penn State.

10. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

I am searching for the logic that is used in team schedules...

11. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Changes: Wisconsin: @ UW, Auburn HM. Auburn: @ Wisc. Miami H. UW: Wisconsin HM. Change wk 9 bye to wk 4 due to travel. Wk 9 PSU changed to Away

12. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

13. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I've only got 11 games listed now. I forget who it was but I had a game in week 7 previously.

14. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Update...review schl...All of us have 3 user games....

16. calirage

calirage Walk On

another tough start to the USC season, I wouldn't have it any other way. See if this young Trojan team can play right out of the gates. NW, then Auburn. Lets do it.

17. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Auburn, Fred, coming off vacation, has to get a new PS3...he maybe ripe for picking!

18. calirage

calirage Walk On

Oh, didn't know that. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a upset :cool:

19. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

He has his new ps3...so has to redo his CPB...ready to defend his #1 title!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.