S3 W14: Panthers at Packers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Panthers climb out of early hole to beat Pack, 45-42
    [​IMG]

The Carolina Panthers moved to 10-3 with a 45-42 road win against the Green Bay Packers. Both offenses exploded for over 450 offensive yards, but it was timely plays on the defensive end that sealed the day for Carolina. Both QBs threw it all over the yard, with Cam Newton hitting 25-31, 421 yards and 4 TDs with 2 INTS. Newton really opened up the offense, finding 9 different receivers to keep the Packers guessing. Rodgers went 21-31 for 422 yards with 3 TDs and 3 INTS. WR Greg Jennings was Rodgers main target grabbing 8 catches for 209 yards and 2 TDs.

Carolina almost didnt get going in this game---Newton threw interceptions on the opening two drives and GB prompty responded wtih 2 quick scores to go up 14-0. With the game getting out of reach, the Carolina offense bounced back with WR Tyler Prendergast catching a 77 yard pass from Newton followed by a 13 yard toss TD catch by TE Greg Olsen. Former Panther punched in a 2 yard plunge before Newton once again made a big play, hitting rookie WR Greg Mucci for a 50 yards TD strike. the Carolina D made another stop and raced down the field for a 44 yd FG as the first half expired.

The 3rd quarter was uneventful--Stewart romped in for another 11 yard TD, but Carolina answered with a 26 yard pass from Newton to Olsen. WR Greg Jennings gave GB a lead in the 4th quarter catching a short round and weaving in and out of the defense for 66 yards and a score. CAR RB DeAngelo Williams gave the Panthers a 3 point lead with 3 minutes to go, and the way both offenses were moving, GB was sure to score the go ahead TD. After making several first downs, disaster struck for Rodgers. After giving up several receptions to Greg Jennings, rookie CB Shakir Jones took a gamble and jumped a route, grabbing the pick and using his 98 SPD to race 66 yards to pay dirt. Down 10 with under a minute, GB went hurry up, but G Jennings 5 yard TD catch came with double zeroes on the clock and the cardiac kids of Carolina got out of Wisconsin with the 45-42 win. The Panthers head home to take on division foe, Atlanta in important division tie.

GG dakota7. Helluva chess match -- really couldve gone either way.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Gg Blaza Obviously we both had hard times stopping the other offense, but I am really mad hiw I finished the first half. I really feel like that was the game right there. I really should have taken a lead into the half. I'm definitely behind the 8 ball now in the playoff hunt. Good luck the rest of the way.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah man, as I said after the game, I had no business taking a lead into the half. You beat the life outta me in that first half although the score didnt indicate it. Pack are tough, Rodgers accuracy was giving my defense all kids of problems. Newton really started making some great throws for me after a terrible start. I never want to see Greg Jennings again hahaha.

• Like Like x 1