S3: Week 1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BobJr, Nov 26, 2011.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Post them here!

• Like Like x 1
  2. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    ROOKIES SHINE AS CHICAGO SQUEKS PAST RIVAL GREEN BAY AT LAMBEAU
    BEARS 17 PACKERS 10

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

New Look Colts play well
    Drc and Vontea both get picks and Locker was off the mark for most of the game this week. The new look defense held Tennessee to 190yds of offense and Horstman showed why Colts allowed Manning to get away in the offseason. Horstman said after game "I'm glad to have the trust of management and the guys in the locker room. I understand the shoes i have to fill and hope i have the fans support when we get home." Horstman was 12-20 283yds 2td 0int. Along with 2nd yr Horstman Cox came back this year healthy and had a good game as well. He rushed 26 times for 133yds 1td but fumbled as well. "I cant be putting the ball on the ground. I need to wrap up better just glad we still came out with a win in this one. Lee Evans had 3 receptions for 113yds 1 td and Rookie TE Whitney had 4rec 110yds 1td. Big money Hayes had 3tackles 1 sack. Up next for the Colts is much hated Patriots. Colts will be at home and televised on cbs at 4:15est.
    Colts 24 Titans 10​

gg bouncer

4. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    how do you do a whole recap without telling us what the final score was?

• Like Like x 1
  5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Suspense lol its fixed and that TE i drafted is very nice

6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Sweet Revenge
    Falcons avenge playoff losses, beat Rams 31-6
    [​IMG]
    CB Brent Grimes had 2 INTs in the first half and returned 1 for a TD.​
    Atlanta -​
    The Falcons offense didn't even reach the field in the first quarter as the defense provided plenty of points for them. Brent Grimes and Jonathan Babineaux both had defensive touchdowns in the first quarter which gave the Falcons all the momentum they needed for the rest of the game.​
    Atlanta's defense dominated in the redzone and held the Rams to only 6 points of total offense. They were able to hold Sam Bradford to only 82 yards while forcing 2 INTs.​
    On offense, they were efficient in the time they saw the field. Matt Ryan only needed 4 passes to throw for 178 yards and 2 TDs. They did have trouble picking up yards in the run game though as the Rams were effective in stopping Jacquizz Rodgers.​
    This marked the Falcons first victory over the Rams after losing to them twice consecutively in the playoffs.​
    GG Zikry
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Steven Jackson to the trade block?

8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

He's been on it since the offseason

9. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    thats some of the craziest stats from a qb i have seen. 4 for 4 for that many yards and 2 tds? WTF lmao

10. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Cowboys D/ST Help Surge Past Skins
    [​IMG]
    No Romo No Problem
    Cowboys 42 Redskins 27
    -Arlington,Tx The Cowboys didnt have to rely on their new starting QB Ryan Mallet who has been sitting under Tony Romo for the last two seasons. Mallet only attempted 10passes. The reasoning was simple Defense and Special Teams along with Michael "Burner" Turner. The highlight of the game was Felix Jones. Jones who hasn't stood out enough at RB to take the job from Turner had to play a role in the return game. Felix returned two kickoffs back for TD's both for 103 yards. The Cowboys passing defense played well but the run defense slacked in the 1st half. The boys will play Zikry and his Rams next week which is always a good fight.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

So you signed Glenn Dorsey to be your backup QB? lol

12. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Apparently Dorsey threw a 17yd pass to my other DE McGriff

• Like Like x 3
  13. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

lmao

14. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Yeah something is screwy there. I have had my DE throw to my other DE on stats, real weird

15. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    pretty sad we only have 4 recaps the first week of the season.

• Like Like x 2
  16. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Sorry kids BDAY..but ..where is yours ;)

17. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

He made a video. Scroll up.

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Off to the Races
    [​IMG]
    The Carolina Panthers opened the 2013 in dominating fashion by beating the San Diego Chargers 27-0. The defense was the huge key by forcing 4 turnovers and only allowing 127 yards of total offense. The biggest thing Carolina proved in week 1 is that they will have a balanced running attack split between three backs. That's of course once Reggie Bush returns from his torn ab muscle. For now DeAngelo and Jameel Marsh will carry the load. Next up is a division rival game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    lmao..it didn't load first time..wow..epic fail by me

• Like Like x 1
  20. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Bills Defense Stifles Jags to Win 28-16

[​IMG]

The Florida Times-Union

The Jags dropped the season opener in Buffalo this weekend by a score of 28-16. Buffalo's defense was all over the Jaguars forcing 3 interceptions by Blaine Gabbert. "I just couldn't get into a rhythm, their defense was everywhere", Gabbert said. Buffalo start off early with a 67 yard pass from Eli Manning to Calvin Fletcher for a TD. The Jags answered right back that ended with a Maurice Jones-Drew TD from 6 yards out. The score at half would end up being 12-7 Bills. The Jags received the ball to start the second half but couldn't do anything with it. The next serious Buffalo scored on a 79 yard TD run from Lascelle Sanders, he also had another TD run in the 4th. The Jags got the score to 8 in the 4th quarter but couldn't get a stop when they needed. "Their ground game killed us today, we couldn't stop anyone", Coach wayers said after the game. Up next the Vikings pay a visit to Jacksonville, if the Jags "D" doesn't make a change with Adrian Peterson coming to town this could be a long game.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Seahawks force 8 turnovers, thump Lions 44-0. Recap to come later tonight/in the morning

22. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Giants Secondary Shuts Down Vick
    The Giants Defense Forced 5 Interceptions
    35 - 14
    [​IMG]
    The Giants were looking to start off the season with a win over division rival Philadelphia as they know they need to get as many wins as they can with the tough schedule ahead of them. They struggled early, but in the end put it on the Eagles and notched a big win for Big Blue. New York has some work to do to decide on a QB as both Jason Campbell and Rookie Shane Boals had their good and bad. Boals had a monumental TD pass to partner rookie WR Dimitri Richard in his first series as QB to spark the Giants offense. However, Boals threw 2 interceptions, both while under series pressure and making poor decisions. He also had a completion percentage that was not something to write home about, but in part is due to dropped balls by the receivers. Campbell threw one interception and had better decision making, but took too many sacks and when he did throw the ball he missed pretty badly. ​
    The run game is back in New York and keeping this offense rolling. HB Corey Mays had a 2 touchdown 100+ yard game in his return to action. HB Bradshaw proved to the Giants that he belongs in Big Blue and should not be on the trade block with a 9 attempt 98 yard game. The receivers for New York played well, but did have some drops. WR Hakeem Nicks continues to be the class of the field. Santonio Holmes, despite continuing to be the clutch go to receiver, needs to play better and hang on to the ball, but he should become the threat he is as the season progresses. Rookie wideout Dimitri Richard impressed with his 1 reception on a 61 yard TD play and should factor into the offense in more than just 4 WR sets. ​
    The defense played very well in the second half. The Eagles scored twice quickly in the second quarter, but from there on it was all Big Blue defense. S Kenny Phillips, fresh off his new contract, recorded 2 interceptions and led the team in tackles with 5. Corey Webster and Prince Amukamara proved why they are a CB tandem to be afraid of as they each recorded big 3rd down interceptions deep in their own half of the field. Nickle CB A.C. O'Neal had a big pick 6 late in the 4th to put the game out of reach for the Eagles. Rookie DT Whavers got the start in his first game with the Giants and recorded the first sack of his career. However, Whavers did go down with an injury in the early stages of the 4th and missed the rest of the game. He should be able to play next week against Chicago. ​

• Like Like x 1
  23. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Catching Fire
    Seahawks cause 8 turnovers, thump Lions 44-0​
    [​IMG]
    Cromartie came up with 3 picks, while playing stellar coverage on Megatron​
    Detroit -- Seahawks Coach Matt Davis can rest easy for a while.​
    His switch to the 4-3 worked at least once this season.​
    Seattle opened the game with a sack-fumble by Chris Clemons as he laid the wood on Matthew Stafford. The Lions recovered the fumble in the endzone, giving up just two points instead of seven.​
    The game remained rather pedestrian, with the 2-0 score holding up after one quarter.​
    But then first-round pick MLB Jaxon Houston lit Jahvid Best up, forcing another fumble, this one recovered by Earl Thomas and returned 16 yards for a touchdown.​
    Pedestrian game over.​
    From here, the Seahawks would go on to create 3 more fumbles and 4 interceptions, and with stout running from Marshawn Lynch (22 atttempts, 149 yards, 3 touchdowns) the Seahawks opened the season with a bang.​
    Lynch had touchdown runs of 8, 19 and 24 yards in the 35-point Seattle second quarter.​
    Golden Tate had a great game, catching all 3 of Whitehurst's completions, totaling 159 yards and the game's first TD, a 59-yard reception which showcased the speed of the youngster.​
    Houston led the 'hawks in tackles with 5.​
    Cromartie led the team with 3 interceptions. The second-year Hawk also played stout defense on Megatron, holding him to just 3 catches for 77 yards, with 61 of them coming on a miraculous catch at the end of the first half.​
    GG Redwings. My defense won't play this well the rest of Madden 12 lol​
    Cuck Fimmy.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Only reason he did it is cuz I said something