S3 Week 1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cyhiphopp, Nov 6, 2012.

1. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

DUCK SEASON!

[​IMG]

It was bird on bird violence as the Cardinals took out the Ducks in Autzen stadium. The Ducks came out in their highlighter yellow jerseys but those might have been their best highlights of the day.

After "technical difficulties" caused the game to be kicked off a second time, coach HipHopp feared taht his team would lose focus. They didn't. The Cards came out strong and forced a punt on Oregon's first possession. Teddy Bridgewater began his senior season with a decisive TD drive to take the early lead. Louisville worked down the field methodically capping the drive with a 15 yard TD scamper by Teddy B.

Oregon answered, scoring on a perfect pass to their GIGANTIC 6'8 receiver. The guy looked like a freak of nature going up against his under 6 foot defensive back.

Later in the first quarter the score was untied by Louisville nickel corner Streeter. He made a perfect break on a quick passing route and streaked for the end zone. 14-7 Cardinals. This caused a big shift in the momentum. Louisville went on to score 17 straight points and extend their lead to 31-7.

Oregon would score a garbage touchdown late but were never able to get into a consistent rhythm to really threaten.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Was that the loud THUD I heard last night?

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Nothing loud about Autzen last night! HA!

I got the momentum early and the Ducks just couldn't get into a consistent rhythm.

The mascot didn't get his usual push up workout, that's for sure.

4. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

ASSOCIATED PRESS - AUBURN, AL

Fragments of headsets and dented benches were the aftermath of a fourth-quarter meltdown that saw the Bearcats drop an 11 point lead after a gut-wrenching 29-28 loss to #18 Auburn that would've set critics packing early on had they held on. Jamaal Poteat was shooting for the record books today, running for 236 yards and 3 touchdowns in keeping Cincinnati on track despite a horrid performance from Munchie Legaux. Legaux threw 4 interceptions and barely completed half of his passes as he was clearly the scapegoat today.

"That sonuvagarbagecan cost us the dodgamn game today," Bearcat head coach Danny Lauronitis stated during his press conference after the game. "We stuck to our philosophy and worked it to perfection. Yet, when we needed big plays, Munchie failed numerous times to keep us on track. 2 less interceptions and the victory was ours!" Lauronitis punched a reporter on his way out, an action that will surely be punished by the NCAA>

"I forgot my contacts today," stated Munchie Legaux, the spoiler of the game for Cincinnati. "I couldn't see over the lineman, and when I could the colors just blended together and I threw and prayed. Hopefully next week I won't make the same mistake again."

-AP

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Tough break Jbbubba

Do you think your team made a statement even without coming away with a win? I think Vegas had you a 16 point dog.

6. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

I think so. When you've come off of such a bad campaign as we did, its nice to 1) prove to the world we have a potent rushing attack and 2) we can still play with the best of them. Although we woulda liked to have that one back, I think it'll be a good starting point moving forward.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BG

BG On The Rize!

Sooners Win

Sooners win 31-20 against Arkansas.
    [​IMG]
    NORMAN- The Oklahoma Sooners were able to ward off an under-rated Arkansas team to get a season opening victory. Aaron Green, a transfer HB from a year ago, finally got his chance in his debut game to prove his worth. Although he failed to reach the endzone, its was his timely third down conversion runs that helped Oklahoma control the game down the stretch. He finished the day with 115yds on 24 carries. QB Blake Bell at times looked like a Heisman trophy candidate, but at others, looked mediocre. He did throw for 3 td's on the day, but completed just 39% of his passes. Next up, a bye before a trip to take on the defending National Champion Louisville Cardinals!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

i know im extra late at posting my summaries but my computer is just now getting over the flu so now i must catch up.....

WEEK 1​
    Games got simmed because of technical difficulties but USC stood strong and won.​

• Like Like x 1
  9. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

cyhiphopp onaradio34

HMMMMMMMM I been deep in calculus and eng stuff when I rolled across this tom foolery at the top! So since I am now aware of Mr Option we will see. Im going to Hunt you down Duck Hunt Style and have a Card Dinner. So with that being said Radio I want him as a rivalry game cause he want get away with the foolery no more!!! matter of fact give it to him at home. And radio since you put ur Input in YOU WILL GET IT TO!!! You have been warned!!!!! lmao roll oregon roll the gloves are off!!

• Like Like x 1