S3 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DC, Oct 10, 2010.

1. DC

DC Shake n Bake

S3 Week 1

Week 1 is open. GL to everyone on their first week.

Advance will be Tuesday afternoon

2. alemic

alemic Walk On

sorry i didnt do preseason.... i lost my trial for my online pass. getting in back here in a few hours...

3. ken10

ken10 Walk On

I'm really excited for the season. Barkley's a 95 now!!!!

4. alemic

alemic Walk On

Washington Upsets Texas

#8 Texas @ #24 Washington

Huskies pull off major upset

The Washington Huskies started the season firing on all cylinders. The Longhorns visited Seattle hoping to come away with a tough non-conference win against the Pac-10. Right from the start, they were unable to get anything going.

For most of the first quarter the two teams would be punting the ball back and forth until a late drive made by Washington. With just under 2 minutes on the clock the drove the ball down 80 yards for a touchdown on a 11 yard rush by the quarterback Price. When the Longhorns received the ball they would manage to drive down the field only to fumble the ball and be recovered by Trufant who would take it back to the house for a 14-0 lead.

In the second half Texas would strike first making it a 14-6 game after missing the extra point. The Huskies managed to put up another 17 points on 2 huge runs by Deontae Cooper (79, and 80 yard runs). The Longhorns were not done yet though scoring in the 4th t make it a 31-13 game with just under 4 minutes left in the game. After a completed onside kick Texas would end up turning the ball over on downs and Washington would run out the clock for the huge win.

Final Score:
    Washington 31 Texas 13

Star Players:
    QB Keith Price 6-11 89 yards 0 TD/INT, 3 rushes 24 yards 1 TD
    HB Deontae Cooper 16 rushes 240 yards 2 TD
    DE Andru Pulu 3 Tackles 2 sacks

5. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

North Carolina 35 Stanford 28
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Player of the Game North Carolina HB Giovanni Bernard 12 car 81 yds 3TD, 47yds rec